Thread: Is the arena dead?

Default Is the arena dead?

I've been getting on the arena lately and no one is there to fight with.. I guess it was a phad that has worn out. [:(]

Default Re: Is the arena dead?

We can only hope. [:P]

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    We can only hope. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Bah, we have names for people like you [:D], trust me they aint nice. BUUuuuuUuut before I get into how the Arena isn't the problem. I want to see people there again[:S], they were all friendly and completly the opposite of what half the hard-headed world thought. we had fun, we laughed, oh yeah we all griefed too lets not forgot [8-)], anyhow there I go again.

Everyones gone [:'(]

Heya Tribunal :) it's Skald the only worthy dragon in the arena ;)
    Downloading free trial of EQ2 now. :)
    I might log on later to fight ya ;)

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

gasp Skald!hehe, yeah, you're the most hard-core dragon out there [;)], but tonight I will not go on... if I'm not going to lose to atleast 3 people eh eh. [:D]

Goatboy

I like the arena ....I think we should maybe start thinking of a threadwhere we can arrange dates and times for groupsof similar levels to meet up and play in the arena.
    [:(]It has been a problem for me to find anyone becausemost ofour players are very high level,even the ones that came over from Order and Chaos. It's tough being 55th level and being among the 10 lowest players on the server there's never anyone to group with............... WHIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeee. Hey can anyone pass me some cheese to go with this.
    OK, I'm overthe whining,but think an appointment board would be a good idea. It would really simplifyfinding the right levels and the right times to have enough players to really light things up proper in the arena.

Although I do not PvP even consentualy I think having a place to setup times for folks to do so on Blight would be a good idea. It would be even better if there was someway to create cross server chats in game like Sony has done, but this would require alot of development time which is not going to happen that I can see.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

I think a major reason most don't go over to blight is because of the patches we have to do, thats why I want it to come over to Live shards, we wont have to do this.

And yeah I've never found anyone under lvl 100 there lol, which is kinda bad for the lower lvls [:S]. But again we wont have to worry about it, more lvl 100s or more informed then alot of the lower lvled guys, because it will be on live shards (hopefully) I doubt it would be any different from when it was on blight.

And setting up times good idea, but we need alot more people for major competitions. I myself wouldn't mind holding some kind of tourni.

sometimes pvp isnt every1s cup of tea whether its friendly or not just every1 opinion

Well Trib, when it comes live we'll be able to have fun. I have logged into blight but kinda late. Usually no one there.

I think biggest problem is that its a fun thing to do, but I don't wanna have to log somewhere else to do it. And I don't plan on evolving my character like other chose to on blight. I spend enough time on chaos doing that, and thats plenty.

Most of us whom have fun there are spending time gathering items and perfecting our characters for when it goes live :)

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    Although I do not PvP even consentualy I think having a place to setup times for folks to do so on Blight would be a good idea. It would be even better if there was someway to create cross server chats in game like Sony has done, but this would require alot of development time which is not going to happen that I can see.
    It was my understanding that Illy setup a channel for Arena players on Blight to use for PvP stuff. I would think a similar channel on all servers might be a good idea. The cross-server chat idea is nice, too. I agree completely with the earlier suggestion that the best place (currently) to set up contests would be the server forums. A bit of manual work, I suppose, but itdepends on how much you want to be able to do this. I don't know if they would be interested, but perhaps setting up some regularly scheduledcontests might be something newsworthy enough for the Heralds.

As a final note, since live can copy to Blight but not vice versa, winners of individual shard contests could meet on Blight for "best of the best" contests. Something else for the Heralds to proclaim, perhaps.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

aye, I think good Herald meterial would be about

Contests of:

Battles ofsingle 100 players!
    Battles 150+ rated players!
    Battles of the Spellcasters!
    Battles of the Melee Group!
    Battles of the Archers!
    Battles of the Guilds!
    Battles of the T1-T2-T3-T4-T5 players! (so that everyone can join and will have fair fights)

stuff like that would be really fun.

of course would be limitations on Items if I were to set them up hehe, I don't believe a player truely wins if they use boars mask, as it is not part of them just an item. Or various other items that make it alot easier, like special weapons and such.

I will not say if I am for or not the arena but I will tell you that the portal to go to the arena was added today but is not yet active ;)
    I hope it will make you happy Tribunal!
    Aucus: adult lunus now over 4 years old! 100/100/92 AROP completed
    Nightmare: proud ancient lunus, 94/100/40.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucus
    I will not say if I am for or not the arena but I will tell you that the portal to go to the arena was added today but is not yet active [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    I hope it will make you happy Tribunal!
    If I wasn't so manly I would hug ya, but sense the news is so great *Bear Hug!*

BTW: Atleast one good thing came from the Maint last night, Arena had people on here is a small little picture of something that tickled us awfully (The dragons name will not be announced part in fact because I'm a nice guy and I forgot)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had some fun I'll tell ya that [;)]

Ive done some PvP but only vs equivalent combatants. when i can advance and multiclass i will be happy to compete with others who can.

As far as experiences in the Arena ive had positive and enjoyed some great dragon duels ^^. maybe one day all will have multiclassing and then the PvP world will open up to me fully.

Til then i have no objections to it on live nor have seen any reasons its harmful or problematic which is due in part to isolated nature and a great community for the most part

Thread Information