Thread: I hope you enjoyed the calm before me

Stohrm

Default I hope you enjoyed the calm before me

As the (one and only) Stohrm has arrived. [li]

There's not much else to say just yet, although I have joined the Ascending Heroes and will be more than happy to craft tools and other essentials for any (AH) guild member who might be needing them.

As of this posting date: I am currently a Lvl 13 Scout and Lvl 12 Crafter (both Outfitter and Blacksmith).

It is my hope (and goal) to become a Ranger, but we will have to see what fate has in store.

Nuff said for now.

[li]

Thormor

Default Re: I hope you enjoyed the calm before me

ahh welcome to the wonderful world of istaria! :D i hope you are enjoyin it hehe dont be discouraged thou if ya think levels are comin too slowly or monsters are too hard, its just what happens at low levs and as for going ranger, good for you! heh im a ranger and i enjoy it. they get nature points which really helps, they also get a ability called cloak of thorns which does damage to your attacker whenever they hit you. this gives you a great advantage in battle. but id ask around in the game as to wether you may want to choose a casting class or melee. also explore others opinions on other ranger classes such as ELAR-elemental archer... theres alot to do and so much time, so be careful with what ya do. be happy with it, long as youre havin fun everythings good in istaria

Quote Originally Posted by Stohrm
    As of this posting date: I am currently a Lvl 13 Scout and Lvl 12 Crafter (both Outfitter and Blacksmith).

It is my hope (and goal) to become a Ranger, but we will have to see what fate has in store.

Nuff said for now.

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-60.gif[/img]
    I've gone the direction you're heading towards, started as Scout and switched to Ranger soon as I fulfilled the pre-reqs for doing so. Scout is painful for sure, without the ability to Heal large amounts of damage dished out to you. Healing skill is not an innate ability for Scouts. But you do have to take up the Druid class along the way to becoming a Ranger and that school does add some healing and defensive abilities which carry over to the Ranger school. Combat then becomes less fatal. However, I've not had the opportunity to further improve my Ranger skills because I'm too caught up in crafting. The trouble with me is, I'm mainly a solo player and I try to do everything on my own, down to making everything I need to improve the adventuring side of my character. That means making my own armor, weapons, potions, jewellery with buffs. Add to that the fact that I also own a plot of land and I've been building on it by myself. I love to explore and hunt and loot, but crafting your own equipment takes a lot of time because you want to get things just right to suit your needs. Case in point, at the moment I'm learning the skills to make my own armor dyes. Dyed armor in itself doesn't add anything to the character's Ranger skills, but I want to make and wear my own distinctive armor. Got to look good when I'm out sticking monsters full of pins[:|]

Welcome to istaria! Healer/cleric multi classed is your friend:)
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Thread Information