Thread: Oh what a day!

Default Oh what a day!

I wake up to a knock on the door. <9am>

RCMP are standing there and the first thought is, what happened to Tour or Bori. <panic>

Nothing happened, Bori is still safely in Calgary on his business trip and Tour is in school, it's ME that they are here for. <more panic>

I did nothing wrong, it's my welfare they are worried about. <relief>

Minor chit-chat goes by and I hear on their radio, we got him cornered. <puzzled>

Several questions later I find out who he is and why they are worried about my welfare. <panic and surprise>

Well, it seems I'm stuck now. Literally stuck at home. No one gets in or out of my neighborhood until they (the RCMP) can talk some sense into the idiot who has the shot gun and his shooting it off at random things. Kids are stuck at school, traffic is at a standstill unless you can prove you belong in that area and no one leaves without a complete search of your car. (because HE gave them the slip)

It's been almost 4 hours now. So much for work. <happiness> But I can't go out either. Cigarette supply is rapidly depleting and so is my pepsi. (staples of life [:P])
    Minor setback but at least I get a whole day off WITH PAY to game. <joy>

Courtesy of some wacko. <panic>

Who they still haven't got under control. <more panic, load game and listen to radio for updates>
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

Default Re: Oh what a day!

Well, that truly bites. Soo many strange people around that feel that have to make life miserable for others. I hope you will be safe and they catch the bad guy!

OKie, I just got to read this and see it's been 3 more hours now, have they caught him yet?

That's got to be really scary.

Believe it or not, it's 3:35am and they STILL haven't managed to talk the guy out of the construction site he's held up in. As a result, they called in the ERT (emergency response team) from the next city, roped off the neighborhood and uprooted 27 families from their homes for their own safety. (There's been shots fired back and forth but still no resolution.)

Right now, no one knows why he's gone bonkers. The RCMP are hoping to talk him out without injury to him or anyone else. It's now going on 19 hours of him being held up in that construction site (after he stole a dump truck to get into it... er... guess I forgot to mention that part [:$])

My best guess is the police are hoping to storm him when he falls asleep.

Yeah, it's pretty scarey.

The cops were stopping any traffic that didn't belong in our neigborhood. Tour managed to get home with proof he belonged here (his high school picture ID). I felt sorry for the elementary school teachers today. 2 of the schoolshad to keep the kids in class, no recess, no going home for lunch, and weren't allowed to tell why. They also wouldn't release kids at 3:00pm without a parent picking them up.

Bori's a bit worried. He's over 8 hours away, south by 2 majors cities away and it's all over the news down there. Doesn't make him feel very comfortable about being away on company business.

I've got both dogs in the house tonight, with the place locked tight. Hopefully, I can grab a littlerest but it's darned hard to lay down and sleep peacefully knowing that 4 streets over is a nut witha rifle, shooting things. [:|]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

My thoughts are with you Leanne, I hope you are ok and they finally caught this nutso.<worried>
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Minor update for those who are curious.

2:30pm day 2 and the guy is still held up. They had to call in a second ERT team to give the first one a break. Now they are taking shifts. This really puts a cramp in life. Can't go to the store, can't go to work, can't leave your house basically. <sigh>

I REALLY understand the phrase cabin fever now.
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order

I really really hope this situation gets resolved and quickly. Good luck with this one and sorry this is happening to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leannae
    Minor update for those who are curious.

2:30pm day 2 and the guy is still held up. They had to call in a second ERT team to give the first one a break. Now they are taking shifts. This really puts a cramp in life. Can't go to the store, can't go to work, can't leave your house basically. <sigh>

I REALLY understand the phrase cabin fever now.
    YES! And I wont surrender until theres a WAR vs the WA!

NimK
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Well, he's still held up, going on50 hourswithout any sleep. Random shots still being fired off, RCMP aren't sure if they are intended fora specific target or just to show his power. He's gotta be getting tired though and that's when they (RCMP) plan to go in.

It's the most exciting thing that's happened in my town since the forest fire that closed down the roads in and out for 3 weeks and needed to have milk and meats air lifted in.

And as of right now, they STILL don't know why he went postal... or at least they aren't saying why yet.

Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order

Finally! 4:30am this morning he gave up and surrendered so life returns to normal for a short time.

Just in time for Bori to get home for the weekend too. [:D]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

>HUGS< Glad to hear you're ok and everything is resolved!

C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

[:|]

Thread Information