Thread: Hello

tehehe

Default Hello

Hello there. I'm totally new to this game and forum so please bear with me a little [H].
    As a new player I have few questions:
    Where I can find info about what is best race/class combination to start? Where I can find some basic info source about the game? Thanks in advance for replies. Hopefully it will be a good game[Y]

Default Re: Hello

Race is more an aesthetic choice in Horizons. It affetcs your starting stats, and the two racial abilities you gain, but not your stat-per-level or skill-per-level gains. Around level 20 or so, the stat gains from schools will have evened out any small advantage race choice migth have given.

Schools are all soloable for the most part, perhaps with the exception of healer prestige class, who has very small offensive power. Thus the choice of your class is more a quetion of your play style. Do you prefer melee, archery, healing, magic? You can multiclass whichever way you wish and if you start thinking you are burdened by bad choices, a simple quest is all it takes to drop an adventure class.

Dragons are the exception; they are played a bit differently, having jsut one adventure class (dragon adventurer) and they start out relatively weak, but grow into adults and ultimately ancient dragons. Also, dragon flight is[Y].

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

tehehe

Thanks for your reply - it helps much! [Y]
    I will post futher questions after patching is done (btw why main, downloadable client - 1GB one - is not updated with latest patch? Patching takes very long time on my fast, 100MBit connection! Guess I will leave it overnight.)

If patching feels too slow or some reason gets interrupted, try downlaoding and running the post-installation update pack thingy from here - should be quite up to date.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

tehehe

Thanks [H] I like it too. Here is "hi-res" version [H]

Sweet ! [;)] *cough* Welcome to Istaria!

Welcome to Istaria

Welcome to Istaria!

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

I hope I see you around Order!

[li]

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

Horizons.gamersinfo.net has the best information about classes/races and should help you out alot. Also pop into the new player assistance channel for real player advice aswell just remember for every player in game there's that many "best" ways to make a char here:)
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Thread Information