Thread: New formulas

Default New formulas

I had a idea for new potions for alch and here it goes ill use an example i have too many times run out to a node and then realised i forgot to change schools i would love to see a craft school changing potion here is how i think it would have to be done
    For fitter a potion using thge following fitting mallet+smelting tongs+mining pick and some orbs would allow you to change schools if its in your characters schools list
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: New formulas

Add in a time limit and a level requirement for each Tier, and you're golden. I like it.

Time limit? Why insist on a time limit? When the Conf revamp goes in, we're gonna have "recall food" I believe. Should there be a time limit on them as well just because buff foods give timed buffs?

Something like this should be permanent until schools were changed again by whatever means. It would still give a market because I don't know how many people level 2 schools simultaneously right now (IE Miner and Tinker; Miner off resources and Tinker off tools) and flip flop between them. I know I would LOVE to alleviate the constant portalling I have to do to do that sort of levelling.

And remove the need to hunt down a trainer? Sorry, but they're in-game for a reason. I find it easier to have a timer, because 2 hours is perfectly fine for getting a level or two with a coupla tier IV potions.

And there's those who don't want the bother to go smelt a bunch of ore for one class, hunt down a trainer for another class, come back to further process/decon, then go find the trainer for the previous class and do that all over again. Tier I class potions is best for these short bursts IMO.

the point im trying to make is that, the less i port the less i have memory creap the better the performance in game i recieve, And I agree that trainers have a purpose but once you are an expert and can no longer recieve quests for forms and you know where all the trainers are Is it really necessary?
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Once you're an expert in your crafting class(es) why should you care whether or not you get exp for stuff?

The need to switch schools isn't just about getting XP for what you make. It also determines what clothing you can wear. I've prolly got over 10 suits of cargo in my vault all at varying tier reqs. So no, it's not just about getting the XP.

Yea the trainer are there for a reason so u must hunt them out first to join the school and say at lvl40 ud be able to use the school switching potions..alc needs a bit more of something special to make and im all for this idea :)

Thread Information