Thread: Ascension...

Hybrid View

Default Re: Ascension...

Thanks all,

It sounds like I should revel in my hoppiness till at least 50, and as I'm attempting to keep my crafting level even with my adventure level I'll re-visit the RoP at 50/50-ish.

Though, I do wish there was a bit more "craft" and a bit less "haul rocks around" but if everyone else can do it, so can I.

a good decision, Raesh

I sign what Pevil and Shian said
    Being ancient on Unity, Flameus and me will not start RoP before the 50ties.

Maybe we do it together then?

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    a good decision, Raesh

I sign what Pevil and Shian said
    Being ancient on Unity, Flameus and me will not start RoP before the 50ties.

Maybe we do it together then?
    It will most likely be quite some time before I reach 50 with my hour or two every few days to play, but if manage to keep up, I'd be honored to do the Rites with other folks.

As far as the crafting goes, it can be good to level it with your adventure, if you can find a good spot. For example, I did this on Unity after I'd already gotten my wings, but I was something like 50 adv, 45 craft, and I was over at Drift Point making Granite scales. I would harvest the nodes there, but at the same time kill the granite golems and harvest them. So I wasn't just doing the boring "dig dig dig" but getting to kill stuff, gather hoard and coin at the same time AND level my crafting. I did that for about 20 levels. Didn't find a good place to do it for the later tiers though, but for Slate try Slate Crest.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post
    As far as the crafting goes, it can be good to level it with your adventure, if you can find a good spot. For example, I did this on Unity after I'd already gotten my wings, but I was something like 50 adv, 45 craft, and I was over at Drift Point making Granite scales. I would harvest the nodes there, but at the same time kill the granite golems and harvest them. So I wasn't just doing the boring "dig dig dig" but getting to kill stuff, gather hoard and coin at the same time AND level my crafting. I did that for about 20 levels. Didn't find a good place to do it for the later tiers though, but for Slate try Slate Crest.
    Good point, thanks!

I've noticed the 'harvest resources' dialog several times when looting, but never stopped to really ponder what it was for... I'll guess if I kill a slate golem, I can harvest slate fom it somehow. I'll give that a whirl this evening if I can find some slate golems.

Chaos is pretty much neutral. I haven't seen level bashing yet

I personally think people can ascend whenever they want, and shouldn't be pressured by other dragons.

Not ALL of RoP is about fighting. There are NPCs to find and talk to, and riddles to figure out, etc. When I did RoP at level 30, they just helped me with fighting and set me loose for the other parts, I would just call them to what I needed to kill and then they'd leave again until the next fighting part. I'd be honored to help a hatchling gain their 'wings' when I am an Ancient, I don't think dragons, atleast the horizons dragons, are solitary creatures. If the company (Whatever company added the quest) didn't want us to do RoP at level 30, or whatever, then why would they give us the option to? (/startcheesy) They obviously want us to seek others help, so we can grow as a community. (/endcheesy)

(I really don't see flying as a big deal, (OMG I'M FLYING!!! THE WIND IS AAWSUM!!) I see it as a way to save my weak dragon hiney from fights :P)
    Last edited by Lunarya; December 28th, 2007 at 07:00 PM.
    Looking for a "dentist" to fix Lunarya's blue teeth

Lunarya and Akenokoru on Chaos.
    Help make Evarus grow!

Another thing before I forget, again, is there's a hoard req for ascending. *ponders* its 250k...I think, anyone remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarya View Post
    (I really don't see flying as a big deal, (OMG I'M FLYING!!! THE WIND IS AAWSUM!!) I see it as a way to save my weak dragon hiney from fights :P)
    My biggest goal with flight is to be able to fly directly to whatever machine I need for crafting rather than waddling at a slow crawl for a few miles around the mountain, deadly swamp, blighted area, etc... Of course, being able to get back to the resource area directly will be a real time saver too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post

Though, I do wish there was a bit more "craft" and a bit less "haul rocks around" but if everyone else can do it, so can I.
    Crafting is *very* difficult if you do not have the patience for it.... but it is well worth it in the end. At the very least, you are still getting status points which will help your adventuring along. As long as you are able to keep *something* in your mind that will tell you it is worth it, keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Crafting is *very* difficult if you do not have the patience for it.... but it is well worth it in the end. At the very least, you are still getting status points which will help your adventuring along. As long as you are able to keep *something* in your mind that will tell you it is worth it, keep it.
    Yeah. I ground out 25 crafting last night and got the ability to make my own slate wing scale so it was certainly worth the effort.

I don't think, for me at least, that it's a problem with patience as much as a problem with available time... I get an hour, maybe two, every few days and when I log in I can either:

(A) Work on adventuring skills by hunting down and tactically combating critters while trying like the dickens to avoid death points, or
    (B) Dig at a slate node for 45 seconds, waddle to the next slate node and dig for 45 seconds, and after doing this for about an hour waddle to nearest machine and "craft" for 10-15 seconds for a quarter bar of craft exp.

Option (A) is certainly more dynamic and involving while option (B) usually has me watching TV for 45 seconds out of every minute.

It's all fun, but I definitely wish crafting wasn't so arduous... It would even be more acceptable in my mind if the crafting portion took slightly more time than 'instant' - then it would feel more like a crafting system versus a gathering system.

Thread Information