Thread: Talk to the Team: Paladin

Hybrid View

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Paladin

Before having other options through multi-classing, I used mystic blaze mainly as a filler or pull spell. I still use it occasionally when fighting undead types. If it were boosted, I could see it getting more use.

If I remember correctly, I was running Aura of Light on a Valkor hunt, and a group member had a healer aura running (the one that cycles a % to health), which canceled out Aura of Light. I don't understand how these would be in conflict.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Draeconis View Post
    If I remember correctly, I was running Aura of Light on a Valkor hunt, and a group member had a healer aura running (the one that cycles a % to health), which canceled out Aura of Light. I don't understand how these would be in conflict.
    They wouldn't. Aura of Light (the effect you get from the aura) doesn't share a keyword with the Aura of Health effect so they won't conflict. And the auras themselves are self-only so would only conflict if you used both on yourself.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    They wouldn't. Aura of Light (the effect you get from the aura) doesn't share a keyword with the Aura of Health effect so they won't conflict. And the auras themselves are self-only so would only conflict if you used both on yourself.
    This may be a bug then. I don't have Aura of Health, but my Aura of Light was canceled out by a group member using it.

This may be a bug then. I don't have Aura of Health, but my Aura of Light was canceled out by a group member using it.
    Don't know how it would conflict. Not saying you are wrong, but I suspect it may have been something else that conflicted and removed your Aura of Light. A debuff or cleansing from the enemy perhaps.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Don't know how it would conflict. Not saying you are wrong, but I suspect it may have been something else that conflicted and removed your Aura of Light. A debuff or cleansing from the enemy perhaps.
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't a debuff. I noticed my Aura was gone while we were gathering to fight, and it had only been active long enough to run from Kirasanct to one of the frozen lakes near Valkor's fortress (about 3-5 minutes). There wasn't any combat up to that point.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a debuff. I noticed my Aura was gone while we were gathering to fight, and it had only been active long enough to run from Kirasanct to one of the frozen lakes near Valkor's fortress (about 3-5 minutes). There wasn't any combat up to that point.
    Ah... Well, will just chalk it up to a weird coincidence.

For the record, I've made the following changes for Paladin for the next patch:

• Stand Against Darkness now has a 5 minute recycle instead of 10.
    • Healing Touch now has a recycle of 30 minutes instead of 2 hours.
    • Aura of Light now has a recycle of 5 seconds.
    • Life Strike now does life damage.

Thanks for the feedback. I have opened an internal ticket for Mystic Blaze as I haven't decided what to do (if anything) for it yet.

Sounds good. If it happens again, I'll get more details about it and bug report it.

Those changes sound great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    I have opened an internal ticket for Mystic Blaze as I haven't decided what to do (if anything) for it yet.
    Perhaps considering lowering the recycle on it.

Also how about a life bolt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Thread Information