EDIT: I'm not voting in the poll, but wanted to respond with some food for thought.

Regarding Plot Tokens:
Plot tokens are an "I win" button in any auction, allowing the person placing the token bid to automatically outbid any cash bid for the plot. I think that is unfair to those on the US servers waiting with the same anxiousness for property to call their own that you have, and also is unfair to those from Unity that started playing on the US servers to join the community and begin to save up funds for when their "real" character becomes available again. Cash for your plot on Unity is, in my opinion, a much fairer option for everyone involved in the plot reclamation process.

Regarding the amount of cash refunded to plot owners:
I feel sorry for anyone left broke after the initial lair auctions on Unity. I'll help those players if I can (though I have minimal funds myself) with homebuying and lair construction. However, I could be mistaken, but I really doubt that the actual purchase price of the plot in the auction was saved along with the plot information, making a purchase-price refund impossible. If you have information otherwise, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Note that even if the information was saved, it probably again comes down to a question as to how hard that information is to get to in order for it to be added to the transfer process, and how long it would have delayed resurrecting your characters in order to build that in. There comes a point in programming when you have to meet the deadline and go with what you reasonably can get accomplished, rather than postponing the whole project. Unless your program is Duke Nukem Forever- then you can delay postponements forever.

Conclusion:
I really hope that the ability to play your Unity characters again, with all their worn, carried, and stored equipment (vault and plot structures), and all the cash they had plus the imperial price of their property, is sufficient to entice many of you to join one of the US shards. I hope that the limitations of the transfer don't discourage anyone from playing their characters again. Its taken the devs quite a while to get to this point, so I hope that how far they could come ends up meeting you more than halfway.