Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
That is exactly how it is intended! There is "the old subscription" and then there is "the new subscription". If you get the old subscription, it means you pay the old price and have all the features of the old subscription including none of the new ones.
The point is to entice old players to come back. $14.95 does not do that like $12.95 may. $12.95, even with the limitations for those who already have accounts still should be able to take advantage of the upgrades, since the only thing it has going for it is the $2/month discount. People who are paying for that account option are already getting more than $2 less features per month as it is (75 consigner slots for $3.75, 2 charater slots for $2.00, $5.75 less in features total), but are additionally being penalized by being barred from the Buffet. In addition, prepaying in blocks, something which they should want people to do right now, is further discouraged by the requirement to get a Gifted sub on top of what they already paid for just to get, say, another character slot, or another plot, etc. That is NOT an enticement for old players to return. It's basically saying (to me at least) "don't bother with this option; it's not worth it".

As such, it doesn't make any sense from a VALUE proposition. THAT is what I am talking about.

Dalimond Buffet is my "Istarian name" for the A La Carte system.

The Dock is in Dalimond; sounds like they are making a shoulder Duck.