Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: June 2010 Content Update Discussion Thread

Default Re: June 2010 Content Update Discussion Thread

Hmm I didn't notice the recycle either. They have a purchased component, so there's a money sink. Plus it has to be crafted. The recycle ought to be looked at otherwise these will get less utilization.

Totally agree with Xanthia -

A one hour timer makes them next-to-useless for most players I imagine. I can see someone buying like 2-5, and then sitting on them using them over the course of a month or two in "emergency recall" situations or something. Like if they're in the middle of a battle-site and want to recall back to the quest location to turn it in and come back out faster. Or its their last craft haul of the day and they want to use it to save..a two minute flight to the nearest portal?

*blinks* maybe?

ok maybe not even that useful..:/

I could see a 10 minute timer, MAYBE 15 minute TOPS. Between scroll uses, but anything more than that this becomes a pretty pointless craft school to waste money on. Even if I had 15 gold or something I wouldn't blow it on something I had to wait an hour before using again, and I LIVE AT THE SHRINE in Chiconis! You can't get much closer to "in major town" than my lair, and I wouldn't use it simply because I return home more than once an hour when I'm lairbuilding.

Now 10 or 15 minutes - well it takes at least that long to get out to resources, fill a disk with components, fly back, return port. Then at least over the course of normal crafting I would need to return to a major city within 10-15 minutes each dump of materials.

And I can tell from flapping experience at least in Tier I and II areas - most pepole don't live outside the major towns (for whatever reason). At least on Order, many of the plots outside the first two tiers of major towns are empty. Which means as Xanthia pointed out, you're going to be making at least one if not two additional ports from your "from anywhere scroll" to get home. Making the scroll even more useless.

Unless there is a scroll to Bristugo. Then we're going to see the making of ONE scroll in game - the Scroll to Bristugo - most other scrolls won't be worth making unless on demand by an indivdiual player to an individual crafter; because anyone who has to make more than that sincle scroll-port will have to then go through Bristugo to get home.

But Scroll to Bristugo might make you money.

But never on a one hour timer. As Xanthia said, another awesome feature that will be a total letdown (to me along with Lairshaping grind "this is how we're going to do all the craft schools you'll see you won't be the only players with this mindnumbing craft requirement to make anything), Food/DP dependency grind) and added to my list of "dev doublespeak" when talking about new features - if remaining on a one hour cooldown. Just add it to the list *sigh*.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I finally finished the corruption on the battlefield quest series in Chiconis. I found it pretty cool overall, though I'm not sure how well a tier II character could manage it without significant help. Aside from that, 2 things:
    1) Wintheria told me "You have done well, (name)." in the final text where she gives the quest reward.
    2) The crystal given as quest reward affects strength and dexterity, but is only usable by dragons even though attuned to me (gnome).
    Is that intended?

corruption on the battle field is a very diffucult quest i had demon do it a while back and had to get Scramjet to help me i do think it needs to be made a bit easyer for players of the t2 lev,...
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

I agree to that.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwing View Post
    corruption on the battle field is a very diffucult quest i had demon do it a while back and had to get Scramjet to help me i do think it needs to be made a bit easyer for players of the t2 lev,...
    Do you mean it should be doable by a lvl 20? Or by a lvl 40?
    There's no harm in getting help doing that quest or even in waiting a few lvls to do it yourself.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

When you did the Corruption quest (fighting the Tainted Spirits), did you have any ethereal protection? They are spirits, ghosts, they do ethereal damage.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    When you did the Corruption quest (fighting the Tainted Spirits), did you have any ethereal protection? They are spirits, ghosts, they do ethereal damage.
    The problem with that, is that your options for Ethereal Armor/Buffs is kinda limited at Tier 2....

What, only a few bipeds are able to cast buffs that boost your protection vs ethereal? Same reason why nobody wants to fight Oastics at Tier2 unless they absolutely have to.

Now, when you're T4-T5... you have a lot more options, and can take the punishment a bit easier, tech'd equipment is more common, dragons have more scale slots open to them, yadda yadda....

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I've always wondered what Etheral Armor options there actually are. I know there is the new Armor of the Watchers ability. Beyond that.... I seem to recall there is a crystal with etheral. And some random blighted equipment has it (though for valid RP reasons, a LOT of folk will not wear it). Other than that... what else?

Is fine and dandy to release all this etheral damage now. But I didn't see many etheral armor opertunities put in with it.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Our database administrator has been working through the day on the best way to restore the items which were deleted
    Any update on this? As I haven't seen my items back nor have my friends.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    Yes, I'm interested as well. Should we be sending a ticket, or just waiting patiently?
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Going through a back up of the database is no picnic. I can't imagine the time and effort it takes to go through -every- -single-player's vault and inventory and restoring just one of the ROP items. You can't seriosly think they'd be done with it already?

Nope, that's why I was wondering if it would be better if we sent in ticket saying what we had or not. Or, on the other side, if just sitting back and waiting is the better option. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do, but if waiting is the option then I'm in no hurry. Just confused.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Going through a back up of the database is no picnic. I can't imagine the time and effort it takes to go through -every- -single-player's vault and inventory and restoring just one of the ROP items. You can't seriosly think they'd be done with it already?
    Yes I do think so Shian. Actually - most - databases are very easy to search through no matter how much data is in it, IF you use the right query. Now I dont know how Horizons' database is like completely but I assume they are searching for primitive ID's. These ID's are a sort of template but used in each item. So lets say we both got a Lunus Phyla, that would mean we both have an item with a different item ID but the item has the same primitive ID.

All what needs to be done is have a list of these primitive ID's and a backup from before the update. Run a search query and then import the results into the live database. That way you can even restore the item in it's previous container, assuming that container is still available.

Anyhow, this is just what I would do. And im not sure if the Horizons database is like that completely but from what i've seen so far it should be possible like that
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Yes I do think so Shian. Actually - most - databases are very easy to search through no matter how much data is in it, IF you use the right query. Now I dont know how Horizons' database is like completely but I assume they are searching for primitive ID's. These ID's are a sort of template but used in each item. So lets say we both got a Lunus Phyla, that would mean we both have an item with a different item ID but the item has the same primitive ID.

All what needs to be done is have a list of these primitive ID's and a backup from before the update. Run a search query and then import the results into the live database. That way you can even restore the item in it's previous container, assuming that container is still available.

Anyhow, this is just what I would do. And im not sure if the Horizons database is like that completely but from what i've seen so far it should be possible like that
    I had an issue a while back where I accidentally deleted a structure with stuff in it, and begged for my stuff back.
    Because I had items in pouches in there, it was particularly difficult for them to recover the base items. Some techs that had been applied were lost, as well as customization.

Because most of the statues are significant because of the customization, they have to track that down for each one of the items. They probably could replace the statues without customization readily enough now... but I want my statues that were in a pouch in my vault to have their customization or they won't have the value to me that they did. Recovering and replacing that level of detail for everything deleted will take time; I suspect to avoid claims of favoritism they are going to want to replace everything at once rather than piecemeal. Plus they do have other things already in progress that they are working on. So, we wait...

[07/04/10 17:33:55] You have looted 1 Imperial Bounty Marker.

IBM's still dropping. This one I looted off a garnet golem.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    [07/04/10 17:33:55] You have looted 1 Imperial Bounty Marker.

IBM's still dropping. This one I looted off a garnet golem.
    And Bronze golems, just looted another
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Any update? Still no sign on the deleted items...

The Skulk Village -

Patch notes state "Bulok and Digda the named Bloodskulks will now spawn with a level range and act properly as Leaders."

It seems that these two are having some difficulty acting as Leaders in that they now are kinda shadowed by Ogre Bodyguard Phantom Mage and Blighted Cleric in close proximity to them.

The addition of the latter 3 T6 mobs seems a bit "over the top".

I find no patch notes indicating these T6 mobs had been added to the Skulk Village. Was the addition of these mobs intentional?

Knossos

I have just received word from our database guru that the RoP items which were deleted at the end of June have been restored on Order and Blight. He did these two servers first as a test run to ensure that the procedure restored everything correctly.

Slight modification to what we'd been trying to do... Items were not restored to the owning character's vault, but to the original location. It took some extra work, but any customizations (inscriptions for example) should be on the items. In addition, nothing should have "gained" the "attuned" status. (Even if new versions of a particular item are now attuned, the "old" ones should not be.)

If players on Order and Blight could please check and confirm that everything they believe they had is restored, and restored properly, and a few of you let us know, we can run the same procedure on Chaos. Of course, if there are problems, let us know that as well.

Thank you for your patience with this while we worked out the "kinks" each week and tested the procedures during the last few maintenance periods.

Thread Information