Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ancient consolidated

Default Re: ancient consolidated

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Theolaerynn wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Azure wrote: Just so you know the Crystal that replaces the head scales has a 5% haste now so there is no need to complain in regards to the loss of the head scale.Sweet!! Now if they could just give us back our old Ancient models[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

lol that's the last thing anyoneshould complain about now
    Is it time yet?

Yes? OK. I am complaining about it.

Thank you for letting me know when (let alone if) the appropriate time to complain has arrived.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I'm Complaining about the size too.

I'd gladly trade in the 5% for having the normal ancient size.
    Making the ancients smaller serves no purpose other thenannoying dragon players.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    I'm Complaining about the size too.

I'd gladly trade in the 5% for having the normal ancient size.
    Making the ancients smaller serves no purpose other thenannoying dragon players.
    We're all complaining about the size. Nobody likes the new size. Even the bipeds don't like it because they can't see under the new small ancients. As a result the new size ancient actually blocks more of the screen than the old larger ones.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

has a dev given an explaination about the size?

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    has a dev given an explaination about the size?
    Yea. Some intern was posting on another thread. It was always pretty obvious. It's mainly because of screen blocking and yes I've heard (and somewhat believe) the argument that bipeds could have seen beneath the larger ancient far better then the new version and they could have DEFINATELY had a good view (in first person anyway) if TG had been willing to tweak things a bit (so don't yell at me).Also,the large ancientswere straining the bounds of the software in other ways such as optimum melee distance from monsters, ability of the camera to scroll back etc. All of those could have been fixed but it would have taken at least a little time.

Basically,what they didwas a quick 15 minute fix which is ironic. They spent a lot of time fixing up dragons (almost 2 years late but they ARE spending some major time on dragons now) and blew it on the last 1% of the work.

I'm almost wishing I could keep my adult model when I become ancient rather then deal with the new scaled down ancient model. Being the same size as adult, the proportions on the ancient just seem off to me. When it was huge it was fine, since it gave a less bulky appearance then simply scaling up the adult. At the same size as adult it just looks like an awkward adult with a neck which is too long.

I figure at this point they've done all they're going to do for us. I guess we should becontent the last stage to ancient is now a mild improvement in abilities amd not a nerf. I'm happy with their latest pass at the abilities if we get the crystal when we lose the head scale. It was always unrealistic to expect a major improvement.(Note to TG for the future -- you need to manage expectations better.)

I DO appreciate all they've done for dragons over the last few months and are still doing with lairs. I just wish something better could have been done about the ancient models.

-----------------------------------------------

I"ll make yet another plug for giving dragons a shrink spell or ability to scale themselves down to hatchling size without changing the model. At least then I could group with bipeds and remain a dragon of sorts. I'm not optimistic they'll do that since it'll probably require more then 15 minutes, but one can hiope.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    I DO appreciate all they've done for dragons over the last few months and are still doing with lairs. I just wish something better could have been done about the ancient models.
    This sums it up pretty well for me, I am thrilled with the ARoP in every way except model size. I really hate the New Ancient, and would like to use the old one.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

well its human nature:

When faced with something you can't do anything about, we'll rationalize until we can convince ourselves its really ok - so that it can be egosyntonic to not to have to take a stand on something. Humans don't like being egodystonic, and we do anything we can to make it ok. Its just how we are.

A rez with an one hour timer - insulting to me, borderline useless depending on your group makeup
    Nerfing our size for really no good reason - also insulting
    Stat bonuses - some are insulting

A few nice additional attacks (none of which I feel I really need), which cost lots of hoarde - I have always found this insulting :) since bipeds never have to worry about such things.

I don't reallky want to convince myself this is OK to accept from Tulga. So, I'll still probably just do the Rite, not Ascend, and wait until implementation of Ancient Only Content goes Live.

I'm thinking December....of maybe next year...

I may be the only one trying to take a stand and say "no, I don't accept this kick in the teeth", but oh well. Now if our size was given back to us, and to keep the bipeds happy - unerf Khutit stat drops. And those stat bonuses cranked up another 20 or so, with some more health - then I'll feel we got what we deserve.

But so help me if they make lairshaping ancient only...or so help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    well its human nature:

When faced with something you can't do anything about, we'll rationalize until we can convince ourselves its really ok - so that it can be egosyntonic to not to have to take a stand on something. Humans don't like being egodystonic, and we do anything we can to make it ok. Its just how we are.
    I call it dealing with things the way they are and not the way we'd like them to be.

They're probably not going to be doing any more changes (I wouldn't be surprised if the AROP goes live tomorrow). What you see is what you get. Players now have to decide whether they want to quit (either playing a dragon or the entire game), or whether there's still enough good things about playing a dragon in HZ to balance out the bad things. I personally have decided to keep on even though there are things about this situation I don't like. That's the reality. We all have to deal with it.

My attitude may come from the fact that I never expected much from ancient. If adults were about where TG wanted them (not the players, TG) then they can't boost ancient much without making it too powerful and then they'd have even more whining bipeds. I've been saying this for months. Since I wasn't expecting much I may not be as disappointed as many.

This same craziness happened with the original Rite of Passage. People were expecting great things from adult which didn't happen. People were not happy. Many quit. Some of us continued.I chose to continue because I'm not really into the power thing. Heh, some people were expecting great things from claw slots for that matter.

The whole problem with the ancient models was avoidable and I think they picked the wrong solution; but it's the solution they picked and I doubt they'll be changing their minds, which is a shame.

We don't always get what we want but we still have to deal with it. This is one of those times.

Thread Information