Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad dragon patch on Blight

Default Bad dragon patch on Blight

I just wanted to let you know that there was a bad def file patched out to Blight. It sets Ancient dragons to use the Adult skeleton. This was a mistake, and will be corrected soon (along with the properAncient version of the newer dragon heads, as seen on Vladtmordt).

StormSpirit

Default Re: Bad dragon patch on Blight

Erm, what exactly does that mean, then? That the ancients will in fact be bigger when this is corrected, or is it just something technical that us mere mortals wont realise or notice?

Sorry, lack of sleep is making me more of a bimbo than normal, so need this put into clear plain english :P

Technical error that'll make the ancient models look like the old dryad "excite" emote until the new def files gets in.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

The result is right now on Blight Ancients are the basically thesame size as Adults.

Then they probably won't notice.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

LOL Pharcellus. I was just going to say the same thing. :P
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

does this mean that from the first introduction of the new ancient models that they were undersized. Or is this bug just from today, and when it's fixed the ancient model will be back to the new smaller version?

Will be back to the new smaller size.

The bug is that it is refering the model size currently to a model that is as big as an adult dragon instead of the new ancient model. But as Malt pointed out, I don't believe there is much difference anyways. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    The result is right now on Blight Ancients are the basically thesame size as Adults.
    Sorry i'd just like confirmation from a dev. Is this what your speaking of? Or is this bug a new one patchedto blight today?

Old

NEW

oluviel: New bug patched to Blight I think yesterday evening. The Ancients were literally the same size as Adults.

awwww. "rumbles"

thanks for the reply

For some reason, the larger version of the Ancient appears to be better proportioned.

I wonder if the Ancient size had to be reduced a bit for lair considerations.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

I wonder if the Ancient size had to be reduced a bit for lair considerations
    No, it had been reduced due to some "bipeds" bickering on IRC and the devs bent over to their orders. Nothing "technical" to speak of.

Just regular "servitude" to Those Who Are The Gods in this game.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Stop whining about a necessary change already please
    After having waited for 2 years for this? No.

I don't call nerfs on you, I don't want to have anything ever to do with you, leave me in peace and grow ancient as we have been left to believe since the beginning.

By the way, were the dragons happy as puppies with their size the whiners OR those who whined till they got nerfed?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    It had tobe reduced because it would have been impossible to play with a character as large as my entire guild town.
    Not only is this statement complete and utter BS, I suspect highly that you never tested the content yourself and are just generally blowing it out your ******.

Having actually tested the content myself, and having had no problems of any kind, I suspect the change was either made with content in mind that was unavailable for me to test or simply due to people like yourself whining without a clue.

At this point I figure it is more than possible it was related to content we don't know about, but you are making the other argument quite strong too.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Bad Dragon patch? As in "I'm a bad baaaaaaad dragon!"
    Wanders of singing 'Bad to the Bone'.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Funny the two legger who never played with ancients knows its a problem yet i played an ancient and found it not only lacking issues but BETTER than the fat and short adults and my biped could see under me to target easily making it better.

as far as whining ill whine all day if i want too im good at it and usually its for a ******** good reason which is backed by a ton of others. guess its only whining when its not YOU being affected *cough mithril change*

Quote Originally Posted by Akuluxtraxas
    Funny the two legger who never played with ancients knows its a problem ...blablabla
    Well the only one I know complaining about the planned hugish dragon size, was our Guild Dragoness.
    Myself I really don't care about that stuff, there is nothing what a /setscale 0.1 wouldn't fix[;)]

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

In fact Joaquim you exactly got to the point.

Not after, but before the ancients many people already used /setscale.

The excuse we were given for this "reduction" is that people complained the dragons were too big, yet /setscale is already used today.

Why not for once solve the issue like men instead than the usual drama caused by the common "I implement 99% then I am too lazy to do the last 1% WELL" that curses Horizons since the beginning and just add a video preference checkbox to automatically enable / disable a /setscale 0.1 on all dragons?

Should be SO easy and takes like 15 - 30 minutes of development in Visual Studio.

Con

i have always enjoyed fighting side by side/shoulder byknee with an adult dragon. it meant a little more moving around, a little more chaos, and trusting in godrage and gold (or was it goldrage and god...?). i wouldnt mind ancient dragons being considerably larger. they are dragons after all. and i have never wasted a single second to activate that setscale thing.

Varaenion/Unity (biped)

Thread Information