Thread: Quick question

Riayu

Default Quick question

I just bought a new computer tonight for my other account, and I was wondering if I could DL the old patches during maintainance from another site? And then when servers go up, have only the new patch to DL? If possible please tell me how, I would GREATLY appreciate it :)

Thanks!

Riayu

Default Re: Quick question

It seems to me someone is hosting such a file, and if you do a search you might find it.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Riayu

Dont mean to sounds like a n00b, but how, and where would I search? Sorry friend for the bother.

And thank you for the reply.

It sounds like you have two computers - old one with HZ installed and patched up to yesterday, and a new one with no HZ. If this is true, you can simply install HZ on new computer from CD, then zip up HZ install on old computer and unzip to the new one and overlay the CD install. Then when you next logon with either you only get the recent patch to load.

Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Riayu

Many thanks friend, and you are correct on the setup. I will do it and I seriously appreciate it. Thank you.

Riayu

I see Nosdracir gave you the same suggestion I just placed in your post on the Tech forums [:D]

If you have the original install CD's or the full download of the game, there's a comprehensive file you can download that includes all new assets from December 2003 - August 2005. Entilzah put it together, and it can be found here:

http://community.istaria.com/default.aspx?pg=downloads

Just download the "HORIZONS POST-INSTALL UPDATE PACKAGE" and unzip it to where you installed the game (Default is C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\)

After that, you don't need to download more than a few megabytes for the most recent updates. You might not even have to do that, Entilzah is supposedly keeping the package as up-to-date as possible.

---

You don't even have to run the install to get the game to work though, just copy the filles and make the appropriate registry key additions
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Riayu

Many thanks to all who have helped :)

Hal are you an intern?

NimK
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Hyacinthe

Another way to get a new install up to date during a Tuesday maintenance would be to install Horizons on the second computer and log onto a character on Blight.

Even if there isn't a content update to the live servers, patching to Blight's content would get you every close (and only requiring a small patch over to live once they are up). Though I suspect that this method would be very time consuming, it would save messing with the registry and copying files from one computer to another.

~Hy

Thread Information