Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI - Change to Ancient

Default FYI - Change to Ancient

Just wanted to direct your attention to an area not many go to, but probably should check once in a while. In this case I specifially think you will find this thread of interest.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Default Re: FYI - Change to Ancient

Well I'm pretty underwhelmed by the rewards for becoming ancient. +15 to focus....oh boy, +75 to power....wahooo.

The only decent reward is lairshaping.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Viz the abilities Ancients will receive upon ascending, it was/is my impression that the devs are still working out those abilities and bonuses per the initial post in this thread.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    The only decent reward is lairshaping.
    If Lairshaping is Ancient only I will quite. That is just wrong if they give that school to ancients and let any age buy a lair. If they make rystal Shaping ancient only I would be dissapointed but could understand the thinking about that, but Lairshaping no.

Lairshaping is linked to the ARoP they say, but have also confirmed it is not Ancient only.

Starting ARoP gives you some nice things, but finishing it nerfs you.

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Viz the abilities Ancients will receive upon ascending, it was/is my impression that the devs are still working out those abilities and bonuses per the initial post in this thread.
    They finished them, and posted the results in the Blight Patch Notes in the General thread. When all is said and done, if you finish the ARoP you get nerfed. Better to take the quest to the last step, and then just not complete it.

- Albert Einstein

Ah thanks Theo!
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

*can already see the new biggest disaster and letdown in game history. This is absolutly horrendous and an insult and will anger most beyond the adult letdown. are you trying to drive us away?? what is the logic behind this? what is the reasoning?? I must say all that work and designing that went into this is very sad now as it will only be wasted. The rift was awesome. the quest truly memorable and fun and yet the ending is so poor and so sour it will certainly spell massive reactions

I was really looking forward to being able to hit ancient, and to be HUGE.

The first ancient model was the same size as the npc ancients in game, if im not mistaken, so why the change?

our model size doesnt unbalance the game anyway, i can't understand what the big deal is with letting use have since thats what most people, including me, want =/
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri

The first ancient model was the same size as the npc ancients in game, if im not mistaken, so why the change?

our model size doesnt unbalance the game anyway, i can't understand what the big deal is with letting use have since thats what most people, including me, want =/
    They reduce the sides because a lot of people have trouble seeing around thier own toons or for the smaller ones that hunt with us having troubles seeing and selecting monsters. Their have been whiles about adult size for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuluxtraxas
    *can already see the new biggest disaster and letdown in game history. This is absolutly horrendous and an insult and will anger most beyond the adult letdown. are you trying to drive us away?? what is the logic behind this? what is the reasoning?? I must say all that work and designing that went into this is very sad now as it will only be wasted. The rift was awesome. the quest truly memorable and fun and yet the ending is so poor and so sour it will certainly spell massive reactions
    Unfortunately they just don't seem to get it. I'm also pretty disappointed.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth

They reduce the sides because a lot of people have trouble seeing around thier own toons or for the smaller ones that hunt with us having troubles seeing and selecting monsters. Their have been whiles about adult size for ages.
    Hmm valid point.

Shrink the Helians, but leave us Lunus alone ;)
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Hmm valid point.

Shrink the Helians, but leave us Lunus alone [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    *Eyes Kitimandiri* You trying to start another war of the dragons their? [:D] I may work with the bipeds that does not mean I will give in to any of thier demands. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Akuluxtraxas wrote: *can already see the new biggest disaster and letdown in game history. This is absolutly horrendous and an insult and will anger most beyond the adult letdown. are you trying to drive us away?? what is the logic behind this? what is the reasoning?? I must say all that work and designing that went into this is very sad now as it will only be wasted. The rift was awesome. the quest truly memorable and fun and yet the ending is so poor and so sour it will certainly spell massive reactions

Unfortunately they just don't seem to get it. I'm also pretty disappointed.
    When I first ascended to Adult status, I spent time just flying around Istaria, enjoying the freedom flight offered. After the RoP, I felt rewarded. It was 4:00AM when I logged off, and in the morning I awoke with a smile and a feeling of accomplishment.

But now, not even having completed ARoP, and seeing what our "reward" will be once we become Ancient? Are you kidding me? This is a joke, right? TG has me jumping through all of these hoops, far more than in the RoP, visiting far off reaches of the game environment, tackling dragon-specific mobs...and rewards me with this??

I've heard that there's supposed to be some sort of post-ancient progression for us. Maybe, just maybe, this is where the reward will be. But how can we know for sure? TG certainly isn't saying anything right now. I haven't seen an official post from them saying something to the effect of"Character Progression Beyond Ancient" that spells out what Ancient dragons will be able to do.

This makes me wonder whether they even know where they're taking dragons.

In any event... Yes, I will finish this ARoP piece of <censored>, mostly because it is something to do. Once I become an Ancient, will I fiddle around in game, enjoying my newfound 2000m flight altitude? Will I bask in the glorious power of Ancienthood?

No. I think I will just recall, log out, and go to bed.

Reward.... Ha! [8-)]

Hmm valid point.

Shrink the Helians, but leave us Lunus alone ;)
    *Eyes Kitimandiri* You trying to start another war of the dragons their? [:D] I may work with the bipeds that does not mean I will give in to any of thier demands. EVER!
    Maaaaaybe ;)

Only a dragon can understand a dragon after all...

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kitimandiri wrote: I was really looking forward to being able to hit ancient, and to be HUGE.

Then bipeds dont hunt with us if they think were t big[:@]. this is something we dragons have wanted for a long time and now they have ruined it. we dragons were told a long time ago that when we become ancients that we could solo almost every mob in game. sowe dont need the smaller ones any more for protections. we were suposed to be able to hunt alone or with fellow dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    Lairshaping is linked to the ARoP they say, but have also confirmed it is not Ancient only.

Starting ARoP gives you some nice things, but finishing it nerfs you.
    Can you point to me where it was confirmed.

David Bowman posted in my thread asking this exact thing - he said at that point it was a total rumor (that was a week or so before the final ancient part was in), but at no point did he deny that it woudlnt' happen. He just said they were still working on it and it was undecided.

So..it could very well be ancient only and his post would still be valid.

Here's to hoping it isn't!

p.s -ooh I like that idea of doing the whole thing and just not Ascending. I like that!!

I know one thing, until the progression past Ancient is in (and right now its not on the table for things to be worked on next) I see many very good reasons to WAIT (no huge reason to finish) to Ascend until those new schools actually get implemented.

I'm very disheartened by this news. I was hoping for armor boosts, a bit more hp's, more powerful attacks, etc...

I was really leaning to the belief that we might get these things due to the fact the first part of ARoP storyline had us killing the beings who were supposedly the raw brute nature of each of our strengths.

I will become an ancient, but unless I hear some good news that we aren't just a bigger hatchling, by improving Ancient stats/abilities or at least some really really really good ways to further my advancement, I will once again drop my sub. :(
    This page intentionally left blank.

I dunno, its weird, i don't even really care too much about the rewards, i just want my size back =P

It is ironic isn't it?

Lots of work by the devs;a huge buildup; a great quest and storyline and interesting things to do; all sorts of things which would really add to the game.

All ruined at the last minute by a few boneheaded blunders.

Thread Information