Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Working on some new dragon icons..

Default Re: Working on some new dragon icons..

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx
    Ok so after some work on the weekend - I think I'm nearly done .. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

A few more and then I'll get a couple of others to test them.

A couple of screenshots here..
    I am boggled.
    If I may be so impolite as to make a suggestion, perhaps the Breath of Fire and the Breath of Flame Burst could be of differing colors, just to avoid confusion.
    [^]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

it all depends if val knows some programing because atm if im not mistaken TG has it set up so that Bof aand BoF AE ver look up the same img button.

now the easyiest way for us players to get it right away would be say have val override one of the biped spells that dragon do not use with another BoF img and then when we play the game just edit the hotkey to use the new img from the other spell.

and wow I guess i did not have half of my interface blue theres alot more than i thought it will be mabye a week till i get mine up and ready(mabye more)

Oooh, nice work, Val! I can't wait to use those icons [:D]

If you are, um, taking requests for UI's I would looove a Midnight Blue version [:P]

Which reminds me, I need to snag Blue's Hoard graphic if I can find it again...

/em flies off to do a forum search...

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Silly theilaerrynn click on my link in my sig [:P]

and for those that said they wanted a Blue interface go here
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=100503#100503
    I call it "the Helian way" and heres another img to
    http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/2050/blueui4dd.jpg

Blue is quite right on that - TG uses the same icons for a couple of different - not specifically related abilities.

What I will do though (since I already designed the icons :)) is to put some other ones into the hotkey icon folder.. That way you can make a customized hotkey with another icon over the top of the one TG defaults to.

Ones that spring immediately to mind would be burst of flame and drainstrike (which uses a default icon).

Unfortunately - unless we can get TG to uncouple the icons - things like Fangs will use the same augmentation as Primal Roar.

Ok done some quick work on the hotkey icons and it is even easier than I thought

Drag the ability to the hotkey as usual and the edit it and click on the icon button to select a new one from the available ones.

It will still show the ability icon that it is linked to when it is firing - but it will be a lot easier to pick the difference in your hotkey bar.

A couple of the customized hotkey icons

Whilst we are on the subject - Since I have now embarked on a hotkey icon update too - What things do people use custom hotkeys for?

I use them for cargo disk toggling / equipping, speeding up crafting, setscale, etc..

What sort of custom hotkey icons would people like?

mabye a few dragon themed customed hotkeys would be nice.

and glad to see progress is being made on the icons[Y].looking forward to tying them out.

Whilst we are on the subject - Since I have now embarked on a hotkey icon update too - What things do people use custom hotkeys for?
    certainly not dragon specific here, but I use one for an INC button for battle, a button to /assist targeted player, setscale (i dont use it, but Im sure a lot do), sometimes I have a grats! button. I also have a few for swapping out jewlery and craft items.

I also used to have a few that changed my graphics settings. one for out in the open, one for towns. lost it though :/

**edit**
    awesome icons by the way.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Loot, assist, my canned greeting, /loc, an incoming message. I also use hotkeys for swapping scales (although I'll continue to use the image they provide for that since it's less confusing). I may add some more emote hotkeys. I will definately add a hotkey if they get the command going to cycle through enemies. Also, I think you can assign special icons to standard hotkeyed abilities too and I was thinking of using some of yours for things tail whip, gold rage, the new ancient breath of fire, etc. Both to help distinguish them from other keys and just to give a little more character to my UI.

Hey val i see yuor great at art im wondering if you could make a dragon stlye Spiiner. THe spinner that spins when the vualt loads up...well thats mainly were i can think of were i ever see it in work ;)
    if you can do it i would love to change the spiiner in the hellian ways interface with flying dragons flying in cirlces.

I use them for cargo disk toggling / equipping, speeding up crafting, setscale, etc..

What sort of custom hotkey icons would people like?
    Version 2.0, Val, save it for Version 2.0

Hurry up and release them already, getting impatient here!! [:P]

It's your own fault, you know. If they didn't look so nice I wouldn't care [6]

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    It's your own fault, you know. If they didn't look so nice I wouldn't care [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-14.gif[/img]
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    Hurry up and release them already, getting impatient here!! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

It's your own fault, you know. If they didn't look so nice I wouldn't care [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-14.gif[/img]
    LOL - created a rod for my own back I see :)

Actually it has not been a bad thing since it has pushed me to work harder on them than I otherwise would have.

Ok - how's this then - I do not have to teach on Monday, so I have a long weekend. I will get as much done as I can by then and then I will give them to Blue somehow.

I'd like to get a couple of people to test them before releasing them to everyone - since the files are a bit larger than the TG ones. Whilst they work fine on my PC, they might be laggy on others. Also there are things like the Helian equivalent of Fangs which I do not know which icon is used in the Augmentation.

hey val if you can come up with a background img that is 600 px wide and 400 tall. it will be placed in flash goody i have I see you have made somthing cool already in your sig and if you can expand it to those pxdimension i can use it as the backdrop for the flash page that will display your mod for HZ.

and you can send it to me in two way check your Pms ill tell you how

I'd like to get a couple of people to test them before releasing them to everyone - since the files are a bit larger than the TG ones. Whilst they work fine on my PC, they might be laggy on others. Also there are things like the Helian equivalent of Fangs which I do not know which icon is used in the Augmentation.
    Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me!

(more amusing if you have the Shrek DVD [:P])

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Theolaerynn wrote:
    Hurry up and release them already, getting impatient here!! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

LOL
    Thank you for taking that in the spirit it was intended. When I read my note this morning I realized it could have been taken seriously, rather than something I hoped would at least make you giggle [:D]

- Albert Einstein

Btw, Blue, I put your hoard graphics in using your installer, and they were promptly blown away when I logged into Horizons. Granted, it was the first time I have logged in since yesterdays patch. If I recall correctly, it doesn't matter what type of patch you select that first time after an update, it gets forced to a Full Scan anyway.

I will try to install it again tonight and let ya know if it gets blown away again.

- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Working on some new dragon icons.. And UIs

Heliana Mk 1

Originally the orb in the orner was being held by a dragon claw - but I found that when it moves around the screen it rotates - making it look silly anywhere other than the top right corner. Subsequently - the claw is gone :(

Default Re: Working on some new dragon icons.. And UIs

aww but i loved the dragon claw, also i think the blue is to much bright.. maybe make it a little darker, and red buttons? maybe make them also some sort of blue...

just my 2 cents :)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

....Whilst we are on the subject - Since I have now embarked on a hotkey icon update too - What things do people use custom hotkeys for?....
    Let's see. . . .[*]Equipping - I hotkey entire sets of scales; battle scales, metalworking scales, gemcrafting, etc.[*]Crafting - If I'm churning out a large amount of something, I'll hotkey the setup: Use Ability, Create Item etc. I usually drag a sample of the finished product to the icon box to show what the hotkey does.[*]Battle Macros - The timing's too touchy for anything elaborate, but simple stuff like /SNC and /Loot work just fine.[*]Locating Nameds - When on quests and such, I often hotkey a /Select with the target's name. Saves time, and makes it a lot easier to lock-onto the target when the view's cluttered.[/list]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Val i got my claw to work, and tak have you tried my helain UI yet? also val thought you were making a lunus themed oned[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img] what happened to that one

heres a img of the helains way incased any one missed it

and lastly the hoard installer works for me yes when the game patches it will get rid of it...that is the way poeple can get rid of my mods is when the games does a full scan..unless i get feed back I do not know how poeple would prefere to have them installed...which sadly it seems poeple will neverwilling give it to me unless i get on me knees and beg for it, and when they do its to mostly pick it apart saying whats wrong with it[:@] and im sick

Thread Information