Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Working on some new dragon icons..

Default Re: Working on some new dragon icons..

Another weekend - we move forward again ..

There have been a couple of minor versions - which were not really worth sending out to everyone - but it is about time to send another set - so here is V1.4 for the testers..

First offin the change department are the primal spell and ability buffs ..
    Reworkedback to keep the feel of the original - x-ed circle, x-ed box - but incorporating the primal arrows.

Work has begun on the formulae .. starting with the resource forms for lairshaping.. A rough(ish) charcoal color for them :)

Also the lairshaping and crystal working abilities.

My current favorite - Fear - the close dragon eye, accurate breath, dragon adventurers edge, and the spiked scales ones.

And also the faction paths.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9...ationv11jo.jpg

A wee peek at some of the goodies.

Enjoy

Kumu, I'm having the same problem. Sometimes the buff icon in the window will be fine, but most of the time now, it's a white box, a box with rather odd colors (brownish/blue/gray jumbled together), or not visible at all. I'm going to try a full patch as well, but I may go back to an older version if that doesn't work.

The 1.4 pack causing me some grief too. Same thing kumu saw.

I noticed that the directory structure underneath resources_override is different in 1.4. so there was essentially 2 sets in place. The "Interface" directory is missing so after copying/unzipping the v1.4 pack,you need to move "Icons" into "Interface"

The thumbds.db files are hidden, so thats why Val has likely not noticed them.

Deleting the thumbs files chopped the zip file size in half. 1.26mb for the 1.4's :)

Anyway moving the folder fixed the 1.4's for me. I like the new spiked scales and Primal Fear icons :)

For the path of lunus/helian you got the Lunus one right but the helian you used scale of revelry, not feast. So it's not the right symbol. But they sure look great.

I was pleasantly suprised when i opened my create item window to work on crystalshaping mastery, to see all the new icons for the forms. Sweet!

Ah - Guaran is right - I created the directory structure wrongly - missing the interface directory.

I will fix that and send out a new zip.

I have floder options set to show hidden - but I do not see the thumbs.db files - what do I have to do to see those?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    For the path of lunus/helian you got the Lunus one right but the helian you used scale of revelry, not feast. So it's not the right symbol. But they sure look great.
    Hmph - you said the one that looked like an H - hehe - ok I will try again :)

ok - apologies about 1.4 - Have sent a new one 1.41

If you delete any Icons directories out of the resource_overide or resource_override/interface directories and run that new zip, hopefully everything will be sorted out.

Also using a new zip program and can exclude hidden files - so hopefully you will not get any thumbs files in the zip now :)

Val--I sent you an email, explaining this. However, maybe somebody else has some feedback.

The icons do not work with the new client that is on Blight. I made a test Draggie there, and all of the custom icons I dragged to my hotkey bar didn't do anything. The ability/spell/formula is there, but the icon is blank. Anybody else have this problem? Only thing I can attribute it to is the new client on Blight.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Oh, no. I see what happend. When Val sent out v1.4, I noticed it was broken and fixed it manually. Then redid 1.41 over it....[:$]

Fixing...
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

cozzyozzy

it would be nice having more icons to hotkey them, also your icons look very familiar, i seen some of them in another game, i wont mention wich one, but they sure would be very handy

Quote Originally Posted by cozzyozzy
    it would be nice having more icons to hotkey them, also your icons look very familiar, i seen some of them in another game, i wont mention wich one, but they sure would be very handy
    Not sure which game you're talking about .. the only other MMORGPs that I've played were Eve (for 2 days) UO (many years ago) and AO quite some time ago. I recently downloaded DAoC - but have not really had a chance to play it yet.

I have borrowed from TG's icons to keep a little consistancy. But as far as I know not consciously copied icons from anywhere else.

Which icons do you think they resemble?

Chayls

I am quite curious here to know where I might be able to download and use these icons that you are working on Valornyx. They really look much more attractive than the current icons of green and purple.

Chayls

Me too. Are the icons available for download? They look very pretty and I've been looking forward to using them.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Scree

Love the icons :) Can't wait to have em.

Any eta?

Yes right now. If you look at the bottem of his sig it says "Click on the Sig for the icons. Please note they are still incomplete." I just noticed it this morning my self.[:D] I worked on moving them over my self. My bigest fear was I would take a frame rate hit but have not hafter changing over 4 and a half bars of Icons. They all pop up in in the buff window and look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    Yes right now. If you look at the bottem of his sig it says "Click on the Sig for the icons. Please note they are still incomplete." I just noticed it this morning my self.[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] I worked on moving them over my self. My bigest fear was I would take a frame rate hit but have not hafter changing over 4 and a half bars of Icons. They all pop up in in the buff window and look great.
    Yes.They are still incomplete, but since RL and Hz playing keeps getting in the way of getting them finished, I thought it was time to put them out anyway. I will endeavor to finish them off.

I have been working on a couple of new UIs of late which should be available soon. Lunuscy - which is similar but modified from the screen shots earlier in this same thread, and Treehugger (a dryad UI with leaves and roots and growie stuff).

Watch my sig for availablity and icons version changes.

Thread Information