Thread: ancient rite conclusion problem... *SPOILER WARNING*

Default ancient rite conclusion problem... *SPOILER WARNING*

if you should happen to accidentally cancel your conclusion quest after talking to the sleeper, if you greet him and follow through his long story again you SHOULD be able to get the conclusion quest again.

Default Re: ancient rite conclusion problem... *SPOILER WARNING*

Also, if you talk to the Gatekeeper for the last time before Ascending, he gives you the quest to fly up and use your Rune of Ascention. If you accidentally click on him again this quest is actually removed and replaced with the first part of the quest that just went live (the one where you pick the runes from the Elders).

Fortunately, you can still Ascend as normal, you just end up having part of the quest even though you are Ancient.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Another very time consuming and frustrating series of "bugs":

- most NPCs in ARoP will talk to you when you greet them. Still it's not enough, you'll often go to the next objective just to discover that i.e. you killed a boss for nothing and you did not get the drop.
    Always, ALWAYS greet ALL the NPCs again and again till they start repeating the last phrase.
    It's the only way to be sure to be able to go ahead safely.

This workaround covers a very nasty situation I had at my ARoP too: I painfully found the Sleeper just to discover that he'd only and forever say "Zzz", while the other dragons got his dialogue. I had to recall and talk again with Vtieru, I discovered he let me enter the gate without me having a valid quest. So be warned. Never go kill one of those nasty bosses if you are first not sure you got all the text off the tied NPC.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

At the end when Vtieru is supposed to give you the quest to fly up and use the rune of ascension, he will instead give you the prologue quest if you still have your quest headscale on. However, checking your quest log will direct you to speak to him again after removing the quest headscale.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Out of curiosity, did any group have to fight with two Elials at the final leg?

The strange thing is, our group was really careful not to press the link text that summons him, yet he appeared while we were still preparing for the fight. Soon after, another Elial popped; no, he was not left from some other figth since we were first to get this far.

Not only did we have to fight two but when we finally got one down and turned to the second (can't leave a good fight heh) the first bascally seemed to resurrect himself after a short dirtnap. After we got the second down, and it got back to its feet as well, we teleported bck to the pad after making sure everyone had the quest update...

I wonder what'll happen to the next team, with two immortal Elials waltzing around now. [:S]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I do hope they fix the bugs and make the quest overall clearer. In the short time I was around to attempt the quest, the combination of the unclear quest steps, UI problems and extreme lag in characters showing up (I could only see about 5 group members and no monsters)I ended up doing something dumb apparently? [:$] I'm still not sure what happened, but I'm sorry it did happen! Overall it wasn't a great experience for me. I went back and adjusted my UI so it works better (I changed it my alt's which is more refined)and hopefully fixed my comp problem, but the whole quest still has me a bit confused. I hope the devs can clear things up - add more steps and a tad bit more guidance.

Well we kind of ran into the same thing. We had 2 candidates and on 2 seperate occasions we got 3 bosses. So there has to be a bug in there somewhere.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Ok, going over some trouble spots I remember from the ARoP...

* It was not made clear you need the Rune of Separation. I had stashed it in my vault and forgotten about it.
    * The fact that after speaking with the Sleeper you have NO quest (yes, you are prompted by the Sleeper to seek the guardians) seemed to confuse people, making them wonder if they did something wrong or bugged out. The fear of bugging out is very prevalent amongst players because - justifiably so - expectations are that stuff that goes live is still bugged.
    * Some people forgot to get their new abilities because you are prompted to talk to the ghosts only in the local window. This really ought to be the last step in the combat quests so people don't miss out and have to come back just for the abilities.
    * After defeating the guardians, you have to chat twice with the Sleeper to get the quest to talk with T'Vieru. I've been through this twice now and both times there were dragons who did not realize this and had to make another trip to the Sleeper.

Yes the ARoP works pretty well (including previous parts) when you do it precisely as expected. When players do things in wrong order and/or panic and delete quest fragments, the quest can go bonkers in unexpected ways. What is needed is a team that goes through ARoP with the sole intention of breaking it, and then fix those parts. That's how code is tested; you feed it something it was not made to handle and see if it crashes down or solves it gracefully.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Two Elials? Wish I could've stayed on that night. :p (No this didn't happen when I picked up on a group and resumed the following morning. Nice overhead pics BTW, I couldn't see diddly-squat during the fight with Elial, didn't even know how the bugger looked like.)

Another thing to note though it's not THAT important though it could affect an ARoP goer if it's not dealt with. When I talked to T'Vieru and got the 'Journey to the Rift - Prologue' quest I listened to his babbling and he gave me the quest to go in, thinking that I may have to talk to him some more as a precaution I spoke with him again - I think the quest disappears the moment you get the Rune of Teleportation - when I then received the same quest again, didn't realize it though. I got a little worried because I thought I was talking in circles yet I figured I should have a quest active when I went into the Rift but I gave up on it without seeing I had kept a hold on the duped quest, I thought the 'Speak with the Gatekeeper' was that I was meant to talk him up until he gave me another quest... hey it was already getting late I didn't know what I was thinking.

When I got into the Rift I decided to delete it for it may have interfered with the final steps, it didn't do anything to affect me when I proceeded to do so. Someone on the dragon channel also seemed to have encountered this so I advice those going for this part to not talk up the Gatekeeper too many times and don't panic when you find you're running around the Rift questless; it's meant to be that way.

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Thread Information