Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'd like to suggest....

Default Re: I'd like to suggest....

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    To add to the issue, it seems Adults have been changed a wee bit in size too now.
    Wich is a silly way of dealing with the fact that there is hardly a visible difference between an adult and an ancient.
    Yeah they just should add a huge pink bow around the Ancients neck, that would solve that problem....erm...sorry... I just couldn't resist[:P]

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

I want one with blue dots :)
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Knapweed
    Just an observation but an 'Adult' is already full-size by definition. In real life, which is an odd concept in itself, old farts usually lose a few inches, whilst at the same time, increase their surface area substantially by the sudden emergence of crinkles.

I think Ancients should be 3/4 the size of adults with mandatory spectacles and a zimmer frame.
    ROFL yep. Ancient dragons should be gumming their food as they should have no teeth and just worn down old brittle claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal
    the more the complain about it, the more it's going to be ingored. And I usally only see maybe 6 dragons that are big time, Lets bug the crap out of everyone! So in all actuallity.. it's not that big of an issue, and since only what 2.5% of the players in Istaria are ancients it's not on top priority either.
    Yeah, people like you said that when we complained in similar fashion about things like hoard decay. Wonder why we don't have that anymore, hmmm? I guess it could be because they got tired of the volume of complaints and, um, fixed it.

At this point, most of us aren't expecting it to be changed, but we are expecting, and will continue to expect, the devs to do the RIGHT THING and explain the truth instead of spin and lie.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Knapweed wrote: Just an observation but an 'Adult' is already full-size by definition. In real life, which is an odd concept in itself, old farts usually lose a few inches, whilst at the same time, increase their surface area substantially by the sudden emergence of crinkles.

I think Ancients should be 3/4 the size of adults with mandatory spectacles and a zimmer frame.

ROFL yep. Ancient dragons should be gumming their food as they should have no teeth and just worn down old brittle claws.
    lol funny.

But I'd even fight for the other side on that one.

Actually, we are talking about every other creature on the planet apart from the odd sea mollusc or paradoxical frog.
    No, ACTUALLY, the subject of the thread is DRAGONS, not "real life from planet Earth".

In 'common fantasy lore' (presumably you are including Dragons from all cultures, not just 'Puff the magic Dragon''), Dragons tend to be masculine in Persona but genderless and solitary. A lot of mythology refers to origins such as springing forth from mother earth and other magical devices. I can't recall any Dragons playing 'Mummies and Daddies', so I think 'sexually mature' is rather moot.
    No, that's called "mythology". In common mythology, oft times Dragons are man-eating monsters, with more time devoted to exploring their terror aspect than their social aspect. They are often archetypes of fear, darkness, and the unknown, likened to gods, and act as opposing forces to gods and great heroes alike. Horizons' Dragons are not modeled after Dragons of myth.

No, I am talking about "common fantasy lore"; popular literature, like Pern, D&D (both game lore, and lore from the various series of books), Eragon, and others.

If, however, you can provide a link to an item about 'sexually mature Dragons the size of mountains', I'd be happy to reconsider my position.
    If my old friend who wrote up his game world including such a beast would publish it, I would be glad to link it. It was an awesome, creative world, and he is a brilliant artist, drawing our characters and scenes in the world, which included one of Palladium himself. When we went looking for him, we didn't realize just how big he was until we realized we were climbing on his head.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    In 'common fantasy lore' (presumably you are including Dragons from all cultures, not just 'Puff the magic Dragon''), Dragons tend to be masculine in Persona but genderless and solitary. A lot of mythology refers to origins such as springing forth from mother earth and other magical devices. I can't recall any Dragons playing 'Mummies and Daddies', so I think 'sexually mature' is rather moot.

No, that's called "mythology". In common mythology, oft times Dragons are man-eating monsters, with more time devoted to exploring their terror aspect than their social aspect. They are often archetypes of fear, darkness, and the unknown, likened to gods, and act as opposing forces to gods and great heroes alike. Horizons' Dragons are not modeled after Dragons of myth.

No, I am talking about "common fantasy lore"; popular literature, like Pern, D&D (both game lore, and lore from the various series of books), Eragon, and others.

If, however, you can provide a link to an item about 'sexually mature Dragons the size of mountains', I'd be happy to reconsider my position.

If my old friend who wrote up his game world including such a beast would publish it, I would be glad to link it. It was an awesome, creative world, and he is a brilliant artist, drawing our characters and scenes in the world, which included one of Palladium himself. When we went looking for him, we didn't realize just how big he was until we realized we were climbing on his head.
    May the battle of the dorks begin![H]

May the battle of the dorks begin![img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]
    Glad to have you with us, Trib! [8-|]

Kothar@Chaos

Not to stray too much, but has anyone thought about the Chinese zodiac? It has 12 creatures, 11 of them are real creatures and still exist today. The 12th is the dragon. It's not logical for them to based the rest of real creatures then suddenly decide to include one that does not exist. To me it seems most likely that many dragon references are actually forms of what we call dinosaurs. I did a little research and it's amazing how many stories of dragons there are. Most sound strikingly similar to species of dinosaurs. Except that the stories come from periods well after dinosaurs supposedly died off.. like records of sightings in the 1600s in England.

Back to the topic, yeah why aren't ancients bigger? Iran into one the other day and didn't even notice since it looked too similar toan adult dragon. I don't mind if the body is only somewhat bigger than an adult, but the wingspand should be much much bigger and they should have a more rugged look. Too bad that players can't select between scar patterns when reaching ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tribunal wrote: May the battle of the dorks begin![img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-11.gif[/img]

Glad to have you with us, Trib! [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-15.gif[/img]
    bwhaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kothar@Chaos
    Back to the topic, yeah why aren't ancients bigger? Iran into one the other day and didn't even notice since it looked too similar toan adult dragon. I don't mind if the body is only somewhat bigger than an adult, but the wingspand should be much much bigger and they should have a more rugged look. Too bad that players can't select between scar patterns when reaching ancient.
    they are bigger, and you can tell.... not at first glance at 20 meters away. Like the scar suggestion though.

Knapweed

Knapweed

Well thanks for the intelligent appraisal.

Actually, I thought you'd left and were sulking on the sidelines. It's a bit like somebody farting before leaving the room, the person's gone but the smell still lingers...

[8-|]

Per DB's repeated posts, he and the developers do read their Official forums. They just don't have time to make replies, Amon can only do so much.

Obviously, though, a lack of reply or action to address the issue is an action. Management priorities and all. So no response, or greatly delayed response, is how they view the issue.

Do, though, put in support tickets to getgeneric replies at least. Thus "read and respond"ed.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tribunal wrote:

Well thanks for the intelligent appraisal.

Actually, I thought you'd left and were sulking on the sidelines. It's a bit like somebody farting before leaving the room, the person's gone but the smell still lingers...

[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-15.gif[/img]
    I actually think I made that comment before I left, and I am more on the sidelines now, just lucky that I found this to reply [:)]. I have quited down alot. I skim from time to time and comment when I feel it is needed.[H]

EDIT: Nope, turns out I did leave before that comment. Owell that was during my cool down posting period.[H] (back when I thought I might actually miss the game itself.)

Thread Information