Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets all fly!

Default Lets all fly!

I think someone with both the Fletcher and Tailor craft classes should be able to make wings. I think we should all be able to fly. Introduce a Gnomish Aviation Scholar and lets get the quest for the beginner wings formulae. Beginner wings let you go so many meters off the ground and such and such a speed, and morewith journeyman level and more with master.What say you?!

Default Re: Lets all fly!

Come now...the poor Dryads can only flutter above the ground and the arguement for giving them "more" flight was strongly resisted by many of the Dragon race, and they HAVE wings.

I do not think this idea will go very far............[:$]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Of course the dragons will resist it. Being unique and special to them is like filling their hoard bins, and they will never have enough. Maybe TG is giving them everything to start animosity which will kindle the flames for war. See my post about a call to arms :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Of course the dragons will resist it. Being unique and special to them is like filling their hoard bins, and they will never have enough. Maybe TG is giving them everything to start animosity which will kindle the flames for war. See my post about a call to arms [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    First allow dryads to fly naturally or by quest like a RoP for dryads and then we shall talk about stuff like gnomes constructing wings...
    I am not totallyapposed with the idea, but the game has priorities...
    Let them be dealt with first and then we will see about this idea...

Ow jeah and I think their will be flying (non-dryad) bipeds sooner then pvp dragonslayers...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Razon

I think someone with both the Fletcher and Tailor craft classes should be able to make wings. I think we should all be able to fly. Introduce a Gnomish Aviation Scholar and lets get the quest for the beginner wings formulae. Beginner wings let you go so many meters off the ground and such and such a speed, and morewith journeyman level and more with master.What say you?!
    I have only one word for this: NO!

True flight should not be granted to any other race's other then Dragon or Dryad. And to gain flight as a Dryad, they should have to under go a quest simmilar to the RoP, not gain flight from chacter creation.

There was one post somewere that suggested gliders as a way for bi-peds to fly, and that I would agree on. True fight, however, should only be availible to Dragons, and perhaps Dryads.

If you want to flame me about my opinions, go ahead, but Ill stand firm on this.

Flight has long been the ferociously guarded exclusive domain of dragons.

Multiclassing has long been the domain of bipeds.

Whenever the day comes thatdragons eventually gain multiclassing, I'm sure you'll see numerous lobbies for forms of flight for other races, be they potion, spell, mechanical, or otherwise. However most likely much more limited by altitude, duration, and speed.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

conj, with their summoning skill should get some sort of teleport to anywhere on the map ability though.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Well one of thepost ARoP perks is that dragons are gonna get multiclassing. They also are going to get further enhanced armor, increased capacity, the ability to res (as if they have the Life skill), etc. Dragons think this is acceptable because they "need" to be able to res... while half the classes of bipeds you still cant even res someone when you have 110+ Life skill. Dragons say "ooooo but its gonna cost us 5k hoard to res someone!" thinking its such a harsh penalty, which with the way everything is handed to them unfairly it surely may seem so, evenwhile most t3 hoard items cover that cost each and things like an imperial sceptor give 75k hoard value... its just bunk the way TG is stroking them and how unbalanced the difference in crafting is where they only have to do one and we have to do 6 just to work on our plots alone, the biped combat nerfs while the dragon combat buffs, etc.
    Sooooooooooooo... i started game shopping last night. Low and behold I found one coming out next month that has dragons as playable as well as bipeds, and everyone can fly. The dragons use wings, the bipeds use crafted hanggliders, and there is one other thing I dont remember. They also have mounts. The graphics are STUNNING. Theclothing on the womenlooks like it was painted on lol.
    Thus it appears that flying dragons are no longer TG's strongpoint because the only thing DnL doesnt have is multiclassing ability for biped and the ability to tech armor and weapons. That means TG's strongpoint IS THE BIPEDS! It is time to force nerfs down the dragons throats and make them the "for fun" class they should be since they barely have to do anything to get 100 adv and 100 cft. It is sad a dragon can make nothing but armor and then, having never laid hand on a gem, go milk T5 gems for cash. Oh, and let me say for the record. All of Istaria is definately NOT holding our breaths as the dragon march to war. Heh.

*Boilerplate Warning* The preceeding views are the views are those held by the individual and not the views of their race, class, or bipeds in general.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Well one of thepost ARoP perks is that dragons are gonna get multiclassing. They also are going to get further enhanced armor, increased capacity, the ability to res (as if they have the Life skill), etc. Dragons think this is acceptable because they "need" to be able to res... while half the classes of bipeds you still cant even res someone when you have 110+ Life skill. Dragons say "ooooo but its gonna cost us 5k hoard to res someone!" thinking its such a harsh penalty, which with the way everything is handed to them unfairly it surely may seem so, evenwhile most t3 hoard items cover that cost each and things like an imperial sceptor give 75k hoard value... its just bunk the way TG is stroking them and how unbalanced the difference in crafting is where they only have to do one and we have to do 6 just to work on our plots alone, the biped combat nerfs while the dragon combat buffs, etc.
    Sooooooooooooo... i started game shopping last night. Low and behold I found one coming out next month that has dragons as playable as well as bipeds, and everyone can fly. The dragons use wings, the bipeds use crafted hanggliders, and there is one other thing I dont remember. They also have mounts. The graphics are STUNNING. Theclothing on the womenlooks like it was painted on lol.
    Thus it appears that flying dragons are no longer TG's strongpoint because the only thing DnL doesnt have is multiclassing ability for biped and the ability to tech armor and weapons. That means TG's strongpoint IS THE BIPEDS! It is time to force nerfs down the dragons throats and make them the "for fun" class they should be since they barely have to do anything to get 100 adv and 100 cft. It is sad a dragon can make nothing but armor and then, having never laid hand on a gem, go milk T5 gems for cash. Oh, and let me say for the record. All of Istaria is definately NOT holding our breaths as the dragon march to war. Heh.
    My understanding is Dark and Light will not have Dragon playable char just Dragon mounts. I may be wrong. As to the Flying issue. As said above not all dragons wish to deny bipeds some form of flight. I think most agree that limited flight for bipeds is fine. By limits I mean time in air for non-dryads and altitude for dryads.

If people want to fly why don't they roll a dragon... o_O

Dark and Light has dragon mounts, all races are humanoid, and warmblooded, nothing furry unless you're counting dwarves.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Who cares what the features of DnL are going to be? Honestly, this isn't the DnL forum.

I am really reluctant to post in a thread of this nature, given some of the posters in it, and given how famously the other thread with them (the pvp one) became boneheaded, but I feel rather strongly on this issue:

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    Come now...the poor Dryads can only flutter above the ground and the arguement for giving them "more" flight was strongly resisted by many of the Dragon race, and they HAVE wings.
    Dryads have wings, give 'em flight. Limit it to some extent (weaker wings and all), but something useful. Hell, even if it is only tree-top level it would be better than nothing. But something along the lines of 50 feet off of the current terrain would do quite nicely I believe.

For what it is worth, I am pretty sure the Devs have already agreed to giving them flight, it just happens to be down the list a ways.

Oh, and the remark about boneheads was not in your direction, Bori. I just happened to have used your quote.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Since dryads have full access to all the biped content then JUST giving them flight would be unfair to other bipeds. Perhaps other bipeds could get other abilities appropriate for their race. It wouldn't be out of line if dryads also were created being unable to fly except the way they do now, and then had to learn it -- much like dragons do via the ROP.

It would be very cool if dragon riding and other flyable mounts were possible and that could be a way for most bipeds to get to fly. However, it looks like, due to technical limitations, it'll be awhile if ever before that can happen.

A fantasy game like HZ should not rely much on mechanical devices. (I would have said "at all" except for those cargo disks.)

Matecuss

I seem to recall (don't remember whether it was a interview or a video) that they were going to introduce potions to grant temporary leviatation. This was a long time ago, just before release, and before dragons could fly. Perhaps it was just to calm down the folks that were upset that they would have to roll a dragon to be able to fly. I'll have a look at the old videos again as I do distinctly remember reading/hearing this. [um]

You guys are right about DnL, dragons are only rideable not playable as a character.
    Look, dont get me wrong, Horizons is an awesome game. I love the ability to tech armor and weapons and multiclass with masterables carrying over. Actually those are the only two things i like but I have fun planning out new sets of armor in HCC and trying them out.
    What I am attempting to do here simplified is - yell BS!!! because someone has to do it to keep this game balanced. If nobody does, the dragons (who are always saying gimme gimme gimme) will get everything they want which is whats happening and its way unbalanced.

You guys are right about DnL, dragons are only rideable not playable as a character.
    Look, dont get me wrong, Horizons is an awesome game. I love the ability to tech armor and weapons and multiclass with masterables carrying over. Actually those are the only two things i like but I have fun planning out new sets of armor in HCC and trying them out.
    What I am attempting to do here simplifieded is - yell BS!!! because someone has to do it to keep this game balanced. If nobody does, the dragons (who are always saying gimme gimme gimme) will get everything they want which is whats happening and its way unbalanced.
    Ok to quote "simplifieded BS!" DO you know the History of Dragons Tarran of Chaos? Do you know that for ever how long Beta ran up to 2 weeks before Atari made them go live Dragons were using Biped schools to help test out Biped class? Then out of the Blue cam a message. (not the exact message but the gyest) "Dragons were never intended to have these classes so tomorrow with the next patch The Dragon Adventure and Dragon Craft schools wil go in for testing." Two weeks later was release date. So no it not Dragons yelling gimmie gimmie gimmie but complete me complete me complete me. Welcome to the tail end of the Dragon beta of Horizons.

Do not get me wrong I understand all of the biped players feelings in that they are not getting love. And I understand that thier are some Dragon players out there that can be down right A-holes, but both sides need to step back and stoplooking at it asDragons getting all the love and look at it as Dragons are being brought up to par with Biped so they can start rolling out stuff for everyone.

I think dryads should gain as their reward for their racial ability questline limited flight. Perhaps 15 m above the terrain mesh directly below the dryad with a fly speed of 50, and maybe something like the underwater breath timer limiting the amount of time spent aloft to maybe 2 minutes after which the dryad would glide to the ground and need maybe 30 seconds to rest before flying again.

Potions of levitation could also be made that anyone could use. Give them a duration of two minutes, with a 5 minute recycle so they cannot be used constantly. They would grant flight with fly speed of 40 and altitude limit of 25. Maybe also have potions of superior levitation that would be much more expensive to make, requiring multiple expensive tech comps for each potion, but would grant fly speed of 50 and altitude limit of 35 and last 5 minutes and be on a 15 minute recycle.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    I think dryads should gain as their reward for their racial ability questline limited flight. Perhaps 15 m above the terrain mesh directly below the dryad with a fly speed of 50, and maybe something like the underwater breath timer limiting the amount of time spent aloft to maybe 2 minutes after which the dryad would glide to the ground and need maybe 30 seconds to rest before flying again.

Potions of levitation could also be made that anyone could use. Give them a duration of two minutes, with a 5 minute recycle so they cannot be used constantly. They would grant flight with fly speed of 40 and altitude limit of 25. Maybe also have potions of superior levitation that would be much more expensive to make, requiring multiple expensive tech comps for each potion, but would grant fly speed of 50 and altitude limit of 35 and last 5 minutes and be on a 15 minute recycle.
    Saris got sprints 2, it would make sence if Pixies, hmm, Dryads, could have a similar ability but with flying. 5 minutes recycle, last 30 seconds and can fly up to 10 meters over the terrain

As for others bipeds... Sure, give them flight that will comsume 1 silver per seconds, that block every abilities and that make all attacks cost money to use for 4 minutes.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I have no problem with Dryads being the only Bi-Peds with flight, and I think the idea mentioned by Dragoniade isn't a bad solution to it either.

I am equally happy just giving them a 10m - 20m flight ceiling, and having that be an epic ability involving an appropriately epic quest.

Potions and such for the rest of the Bi-Peds I am not so keen on, but I am not strongly against it. For the most part I figure if they want to fly they should hitch a ride with a Dragon, if they dare.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Thread Information