Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets all fly!

Default Re: Lets all fly!

Yeah TG never thought of Bi-peds flying man... oh wait LOL, I was told that Bi-peds would get spells for limited flight, but thathas long since died.

I agree whole-heartedly with dryads flying. They have wings, they hover, it doesnt make sense they cannot gain altitude from their hovering state.
    I was thinking... I would gladly trade flight for a mount. I would be fine with a plain old plains horse for starters...
    I dont see a tameables system ever coming to HZ, but I will say Horizons could be enlivened by adding to it beasts of burden. It would be alot more fun to have your (Istarian equivalent of an Ox) helping you tow your resources instead of or in addition to a cargo disk. It would also be really kewl to throw a set of barding on your war mount and ride into battle like a Knightly sort of player would lol. It could elevate us from the Giftedpeasantry lol. The only questions are: does the horse get killed when you die? Do you have to buy another one or tame one? Would there be a stable to stable and claim it? Does the horse gain skill if he is fighting mobs?
    Anyway, if Dragons and Dryads could fly and the rest of the bipeds could ride, I would think that would be a happy medium.

imported_Kepesk

I think Dryads need some sort of regular flight too. Maybe not as high as dragons, but give em something more than what they have! Just makes common sense to me. That, and I had a friend quit who I had *finally* convinced to give the game a chance because he thought it was really cheesy how Dryads couldn't get over or under various things like scaffolding poles or supports for the in-field metal shops or low terrain barriers. Frankly, I'm inclined to agree (though I'm certainly not about to leave because of it). :)

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

if we got lucky and freed Rachivel or whatever lol, the gnomes could make some planes for us... or maybe jetpacks.[H]

Dryads should be able to hover over water, but they can't sue to technical limitations. They would have to fix the way that works more than likely, before the flight would seem fixed for dryads.

As far as dragons vs other races and Balance is concerned, dragons do not and should not ever equal those races. Dragons should have been stronger, more powerful and double or triple the current hitpoints from the beginning.

As it is they are copies of a biped adventure class, with flight, different model,and some nice melee abilities that you pay to use. The hp per level, strength per level, and power gained per level should be double or triple what it is.

I hope eventually they get the dryad flight thing fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Dryads should be able to hover over water, but they can't sue to technical limitations. They would have to fix the way that works more than likely, before the flight would seem fixed for dryads.

As far as dragons vs other races and Balance is concerned, dragons do not and should not ever equal those races. Dragons should have been stronger, more powerful and double or triple the current hitpoints from the beginning.

As it is they are copies of a biped adventure class, with flight, different model,and some nice melee abilities that you pay to use. The hp per level, strength per level, and power gained per level should be double or triple what it is.

I hope eventually they get the dryad flight thing fixed.
    Why is it you, like so many other dragons, all feel you should be superior, let alone with like almost nil effort? What makes you think anyone wants to play a race that has less ability than another? What makes you think a dragons claws are even fit for any crafting other than digging? You arebig scaley cold bloodedanimals...
    Hell, HZ should give you your own shard to play on and you can all be equal, and they should give you your triple hit points and let you be superior all you want. Then you can argue about how dragons should be able to go AFK in the middle of the elite blights because just look at the size difference and how can something that small and insignificant hurt a DRAGON?

I don't remember this from when we chatted in game, but why all the bile towards dragons lately? It seems just about every thread has some jab at dragons from you Tarran? I play a dragon as well as bipeds. I wouldn't describe the effort to level as 'almost nil'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    You arebig scaley cold bloodedanimals...
    I'm gonna jump in here really quick with a quip about this. Dinosaurs are warm blooded, as are birds, which are desendents of dinosaurs. Dragons are almost always, if not always shown as highly active, and if they were cold blooded, and dependent on their surroundings for their energy, then they would be lethargic. Please.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

I don't need a dryad going up my nose when I'm cruising around at low altitudes :-P
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Guaran
    Whoa there, whoa! Are you kidding? Dragons are Uber powerful as it is! At level 63 I solo'd Cinderfist, a level 73 named Flame Ogre. IMO, that shoulden't even be possible! Don't make dragons more powerful than they already are, if we get too much more powerful, I'd probably switch to my biped alt and play him as my main! The ability to kill higher level mobs is one thing, but when I can solo mobs 10 levels above me....

I realize bipeds can do the same on occasion, but honestly I think it's fine the way it is. Personally, I think the Sslik racial ability that gives them +5 armor is a bit useless. But theres no need to pump that up to +500!
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Quote Originally Posted by Alladania
    I don't remember this from when we chatted in game, but why all the bile towards dragons lately? It seems just about every thread has some jab at dragons from you Tarran? I play a dragon as well as bipeds. I wouldn't describe the effort to level as 'almost nil'.
    Well Alla, I dont want to offend you or Klaus and of course I consider you friends even though we disagree 100% on dragons. I am just sticking to my belief here cuz its how I see it. To spend6monthstaking a dragon up the totem to have that kind of power, ineither adventureorcraft, is ridiculous and I feel unfair to me as a biped.Also, because of in game stuff (stuff happening you know about and stuff you dont both)and seeing a larger overview of dragons on the forums, I have grown to dislike them strongly at best. Their greed for poweris amazing and overshoots their sense of equality and balance and they dont care, they just want more, and its almost all of them like that... I have often said for the longest that they should have an alternate attack than Gold Rage. It should be Dragons Greed. An attack that expends no animation, but does twice the damage output, for half the hoard cost. It suits. And I have said that since I was a primarily a dragon. Originally I was a dragon, and then I was another dragon, and until a month or so ago with all this ARoP crap, I had alot of dragon companions in game. Half the people on my friends list were dragons.But,since Tulga is just gonna feed their egos and they all buy into it like that, I wont even res a dragon, aside from guildies. If anything I would try tomass pull ontoone I found hunting in the same area.Totally against my belief. Im not gonna support this imbalance. My monthly fee to play isn't going to support it much longer either so they better do something to up the bipeds anti. In the whole time I have played, I have only seen dragon stroking. 1 or 2 quests per class for bipeds adv classes but dragons have all the quests in the world. So many they complain about the tediousness of it. They have poor heals but have 3 multistrikes to overcompensate for it, they get res now as if they had life skill when half the biped classes cant even with maxed Life skill. I dont care about hoard costs when most good hoard items alone give them enough to res more than 10 times. Gold shield damage mitigator... all the complaining about how they dont get to be the size of a small island individually and why they dont get 3-4 times as more stats than bipeds, etc etc as if flying and having 3 multis and spiked scales wasnt enough. Its a combination of tulga overpowering them and their own greed that brings about how I feel. I have never cared much for forums at all in any gameand only made an account a short while back to start posting these frustrations. If nobody does, this game will be Dragons only. If thats truly where its going, I am getting out before I waste more time trying to kill stuff with a puny bolt that I can gain experience off of while I try healing myself with Improved Revitalize 1. Its not fair to have to spend years to make a character equal to a dragon who only climbed that ladder once. Before when you could powerlevel a newb to level 100 in a week it was different. With the powerleveling nerfs its not the same. I dont support them spending all their time stroking dragon power and ego when they should be fixing the game stuff that applies to the whole playerbase first. I used to like dragons and helping them same as anyone else. Its not that way anymore and they bring it on themselves.

Wow!!! Thats a mouthful. I will say one thing.

At this point now I think everyone should be able to res....

Jayne

The green cloud of envy displayed in this thread (and others) is embarassing.

I wouldnt call what I'm seeing envy. The only word that comes to mind is "Hate". :(

Jayne

eh, but thats what has been happenin over the past few weeks on the forums, that word is getting alot of attention.

[st]

yikes.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

I guess Tarran knows different dragons than I do. I'm really not seeing dragons run wild. I do play at least a few hours a day every day. I've been playing since beta and from the first day of live.

I think being egotistical and power hungry isn't limited to what species someone is playing. It's just the individual person's attitude.

Much likein real life, I accept that some people are richer, thinner, faster, stronger, smarter, etc. than I am. That doesn't have to ruin my day. I really don't care how long it took someone to level and I don't care if they can kill bigger things faster than I can. I putter. I play. I enjoy my different characters and doing different things - including my dragon - who really does kick butt compared to my wizard. Unless someone is actively harassing me while I'm playing - it doesn't matter to my game what they're doing.

I'm sure I'm rambling at this point. Yes, yes, that's definite rambling. I like or dislike a player for their individual actions. Hating an entire species (in a game) is kind of sad.

Tarran, you got it right on, man.

of course, not all dragons are such, but most are. thenotion of Ancients being the rarest of all in Istaria is no more. the powers gain and earn is on the silver platter. the time dedicated to such isn't anything to sneeze at. heck i know quite a few dragons playing WoW right now because the whole basis of ARoP and ancienthood have been wussified, catering to those who don't deserve it. and in the mist, you got these dragons on the boards who jabbed at biped on every turn for the sake of subjects on dragon design, yet pretend we don't know enough to form an opinion about them. it don't take a genius to figure out, people. see, if you want to get dragons to be better, then talk about dragons, their strength &amp; weaknesses, abilities or lack thereof and so on, get the devs to work on that instead of swinging the biped goods around with all sorts of chessy justifications. lame is lame, man.

geezuz, even these guys know what they're getting with the ARoP is just plain crap. they KNOW most don't deserve such ease but it's ok to lobby for the cause just because they play the race.

hating the entire species is bad. having a good reason for it, is worst.

They picked to play a dragon, thus everything has to be simple and easy. Its rather funny that they want to be better than bi-peds, I understand the arguement who doesn't want to be the best at something. But why be racist about it expecially when we consider the amount of Dragons who had help getting where they are from Bi-peds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal
    They picked to play a dragon, thus everything has to be simple and easy. Its rather funny that they want to be better than bi-peds, I understand the arguement who doesn't want to be the best at something. But why be racist about it expecially when we consider the amount of Dragons who had help getting where they are from Bi-peds.
    Because we are FORCED too and it's not by choice. Period.
    If I could do everything in Istaria without the help of a biped, I would. But the current system prevent it.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Thread Information