Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets all fly!

Default Re: Lets all fly!

example? PLEASE. and BTW your POSTS are PRETTY annoying to READ because you ALWAYS do THIS, because YOU don't FEEL that BI-PEDS should BE ABLE to ENJOY themselves, (reference to another thread you commented on) JUST because YOU'RE to LAZY to COPY a PRE-EXSITING file OVER the OTHER one. (No I havn't used Set-scale to change the dragon size, but I did turn you all into the hatchy skelly, and bounderies so that I can still see you and do business with the ones I like, so theres me going out of my way)

Well said Phillip and Tribunal. Very good point about having reason to hate a species being worse.

Alladania- I understand that you enjoy crafting, guild managing, some hunting here and there... thats your fun way to play and you could care less if dragons mastered all their crafts with one skill, and are ungodly powerful with just one adv skill as well, and you wouldnt think any less of them for being what they are simply on a handout. You're the casual carefree type of player. You are also posting on behalf of all the dragons you are a guildmaster of. I can very well understand why you personally dont care about this blasphemous imbalance.

I don't care how anyone wants to slide this a little to the left or a little to the right, or sweep it under the carpet. Bipeds have to drop back to T1 spells and armor over and over and over and over and still kill stuff high enough to give them experience which, unless youre out fyakki farming with one of the great uberpeds, is going to be a long aggravating process that used to have the big payoff it should.A biped with 2 x 100 classes should wipe the floor with a lvl 100 dragon and thats all there is to it. He did more work with less to EARN it. He dropped back down and took it back up spending 10times as long to kill mobs as he could have been doing at lvl 100 and profiting. He sacrifices a huge portion of time and profit every time he does it. Dragons climbed that ladder once to have godlike power. Its sick and its wrong.

The only way to fix this is going to be to up the bipeds anti. Fix all their racials and make them equivelent in offense and defense as the dragons racials. Lay it out on the plate and say this is what you dropped back down for, and have us be happy about it. Then, up the anti for the monsters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal
    example? PLEASE. and BTW your POSTS are PRETTY annoying to READ because you ALWAYS do THIS, because YOU don't FEEL that BI-PEDS should BE ABLE to ENJOY themselves, (reference to another thread you commented on) JUST because YOU'RE to LAZY to COPY a PRE-EXSITING file OVER the OTHER one. (No I havn't used Set-scale to change the dragon size, but I did turn you all into the hatchy skelly, and bounderies so that I can still see you and do business with the ones I like, so theres me going out of my way)
    Sound to me you're the one lazy to copy the same file over.

As for the example, here's some.
    Original RoP: impossible to do without biped because of the high level of the monsters. (Kaa, Lem, anyone). Now, adult can replace biped, but it wasn't the case when it got release

ARoP: We need biped to craft us items to complete it, items we have to way to create on our own (vials, and stylus for instance).

And you seem to forget that the majority who knows about Ancient are for the old size, because the visibility is actually better because of the ground clearance.

As for biped, I don't have problem with them. But I have problem with biped like you who don't want dragon to progress and want the same things dragon have to work for to get.
    So you have leveled 2 classes. Big deal. We have to level 2 class, 1 hoard and quest our abilities to get the same as 2 classes. And after that, it's game over. You find it fair? Look who's annoying then and want everything.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Oh yes, and let mesay Dragon quests areas not as fun as a lot of bipeds seem to think they are. -_- Some of them are downright hard....there have been a few it's taken me days to finish.

Anyway Tarran, if you think Dragons are so over powered let mesay this one thing you used to say to me. When I said multiclassing would be nice instead of being stuck in one school you said well role a biped then. Well...if you think Dragons are overpowered and want that power roll a dragon and actually stick with it longer then it takes to feed it hoard from your biped. :P Not ALL dragons are overpowered...as a spellcaster I am rather moderate in power and a lot of the higher level mobs can wipe the floor with me if I'm not careful.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tribunal wrote: example? PLEASE. and BTW your POSTS are PRETTY annoying to READ because you ALWAYS do THIS, because YOU don't FEEL that BI-PEDS should BE ABLE to ENJOY themselves, (reference to another thread you commented on) JUST because YOU'RE to LAZY to COPY a PRE-EXSITING file OVER the OTHER one. (No I havn't used Set-scale to change the dragon size, but I did turn you all into the hatchy skelly, and bounderies so that I can still see you and do business with the ones I like, so theres me going out of my way)Sound to me you're the one lazy to copy the same file over.

As for the example, here's some.
    Original RoP: impossible to do without biped because of the high level of the monsters. (Kaa, Lem, anyone). Now, adult can replace biped, but it wasn't the case when it got release

ARoP: We need biped to craft us items to complete it, items we have to way to create on our own (vials, and stylus for instance).

And you seem to forget that the majority who knows about Ancient are for the old size, because the visibility is actually better because of the ground clearance.

As for biped, I don't have problem with them. But I have problem with biped like you who don't want dragon to progress and want the same things dragon have to work for to get.
    So you have leveled 2 classes. Big deal. We have to level 2 class, 1 hoard and quest our abilities to get the same as 2 classes. And after that, it's game over. You find it fair? Look who's annoying then and want everything.
    Dragoniade dont even bother going against these "bipeds"...
    Mostwhine about dragons without knowledge or experience about the species...
    And they are spoiled with their ability to grow and grow...
    While dragons have the biggest grind in collecting hoard and if some biped whines that it bothers him/her so much that it drops so often why not give it to dragons...
    When I was out hunting I rarely got an item...
    If I was having luck I got 1 item every 7-8 kills (happened once btw!) and then suddenly my luck was over and it became 1 item every 50-60 kills...

And about ARoP... I do agree that it absolutely sux to have some freaking biped craft me a stylus so that I can become ancient...

And now to get back on topic...
    EACH race has gifts which you get when you create the character...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Sound to me you're the one lazy to copy the same file over.
    I think I got what you said there, it was bloody hard and time consuming for the me to change every single file from ancient to hatchy specs. and LOL me hate dragon, I hate dragons that just want to draw attention to themselves, the forum dragons the ones who know only my opinion have no clue who I am. Go on Chaos bub, I have plenty of Dragon Friends. But they actually go out of their way to get what they want, etc. Using the old dragon file and putting it in themselves. Without the dragons like you who want everything done for them, (Another thing is about 1/50 dragons actually diserve to be what they are, yes its true not many of you even know what you're doing, you just want to say "Look at me I'm huge and have a high polly count.") I have gone out of my way to change it too were I can still enjoy the game, because unlike some thick-headed people, I know size doesn't matter, and I don't think anyless of the dragons I like because they look like a hatchling. I advise you actually do something for yourself and use the old file by yourself, and you will be happy. So what I don't see you in your fatass glory. Atleast you can, but no you want to drag everyone else down with you. I have actually experienced better game play with you all the same size as a hatchy, hmm go figure?

and your other comment about me lvling two classes and never even saying it was a big deal but you decided you would try and blow it out even bigger than I intened (even though I never mentioned it) ********** ************! I F'N HATE IT! IT'S BOREING! IT PUTS ME TO SLEEP! IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING I JUST DID! CASTERS FEEL THE SAME TO ME! HUNTING IT ALL THE SAME TO ME! I DON'T THINK I'M ANY BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE OMG! I HAVE 2 CLASSES!?!? **********!but difference between you and me, I didn't come to forums to complain about it.

and Dragon Boy, most Bi-peds tried a dragon first, and we "disliked" it.

And Trust me, you know nothing of grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Alladania- I understand that you enjoy crafting, guild managing, some hunting here and there... thats your fun way to play and you could care less if dragons mastered all their crafts with one skill, and are ungodly powerful with just one adv skill as well, and you wouldnt think any less of them for being what they are simply on a handout. You're the casual carefree type of player. You are also posting on behalf of all the dragons you are a guildmaster of. I can very well understand why you personally dont care about this blasphemous imbalance.
    Can you quantify this imbalance?

I can see imbalance between a single classed dragon vs. a single classed biped, but certainly not a multiclassed one.

I don't care how anyone wants to slide this a little to the left or a little to the right, or sweep it under the carpet. Bipeds have to drop back to T1 spells and armor over and over and over and over and still kill stuff high enough to give them experience which, unless youre out fyakki farming with one of the great uberpeds, is going to be a long aggravating process that used to have the big payoff it should.
    At level 20 and rating 185, asa cloth wearing sorcerer, I was able to level efficiently off of golems and necroflies (and yes, necroflies are weak but the mob is irrelevant since dragons use them too), solo. It was easy.

It's simple to level the next classes as a biped, in fact, it's WAY EASIER to raise a new class then it is to get the first 100.

Also, you mention that the biped has to "start over". I think not. You start your level over, but you carry with it all the skills and some of the abilities from your previous class. I've spent many hours slaying golems and various critters 70 levels higher than me, with my blade of rending, due to 100 levels of zerker. This is in no way, shape, or form, starting over, and it most certainly isn't too difficult. In fact, it progressively gets easier until your rating hits about 160-170, then it will start to get remotely difficult.

A biped with 2 x 100 classes should wipe the floor with a lvl 100 dragon and thats all there is to it.
    Depends on the player and depends on the classes the player took. From a numerical standpoint I agree with you.

He did more work with less to EARN it. He dropped back down and took it back up spending 10times as long to kill mobs as he could have been doing at lvl 100 and profiting. He sacrifices a huge portion of time and profit every time he does it.
    What profit is lost? Are you going to claim that there's a market now?

Dragons climbed that ladder once to have godlike power. Its sick and its wrong.
    Have you seen a good biped in action?

The theme here, buried in your somewhat odd banter, is that you have a misconception that bipeds are all work and no power, and that dragons are instant gods. I'm open to one of the following, either my dragon is awful and I don't know how to play her, or you haven't yet found a reliable multiclassing combination to realize the potential of your biped. One of the previous statements (perhaps both) is likely true or you wouldn't have this theory about dragons.

The only way to fix this is going to be to up the bipeds anti. Fix all their racials and make them equivelent in offense and defense as the dragons racials.
    Should we all be alike?

I've said this before and I'll say it again, based on my experience, which clearly differs in massive ways from yours:

Dragons are godly single combat fighters. They have lore and quests, they can fly, and they can rip single monsters to shreds.

They CAN'T diversify themselves
    They CAN'T kill massive piles of beasts.
    They CAN'T build on their character until the dev's add content.

I don't mean this to sound disrespectful-- but your opinions and your outlook are so skewed from mine that I seriously wonder what game you're playing.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal
    and Dragon Boy, most Bi-peds tried a dragon first, and we "disliked" it.

And Trust me, you know nothing of grind.
    Just like I tried a biped and "disliked" is not even the proper word to discribe my experience...
    I found them so boring and so not worth my time I never played with it after maybe 3 weeks...
    The only thing that actually amused me for &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;2 weeks &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; was crafting, the adventuring is just boring and just plain dumb...
    Its even more boring then a dragons adventuring...
    At least a dragon has quests every 10 lvl's...
    Up to lvl 70 that is, but still better then mindless slaughter of mobs to get to the top...
    But then again that was MY experience with bipeds and dragons...

But to get back on topic...
    Because of an computer failure at work I wasnt able to complete my previous post (keyboard failed [:(])...

In my opinion the only bipeds who should be allowed to fly are Dryads...
    They already fly abovethe ground only to land when they die, and as far as I am concerned all other races are not supposed to fly since they dont have wings...

And if on the rare occasion that other races should be allowed to fly...
    Let it be with a potion or piece of equipment which is DRAGON made...
    Dragons have to rely far to much on the inferier races as it is in multiple of our main quests...

I say if those bipeds wanna fly let them beg a dragon for the stuff...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    And if on the rare occasion that other races should be allowed to fly...
    Let it be with a potion or piece of equipment which is DRAGON made...
    Dragons have to rely far to much on the inferier races as it is in multiple of our main quests...

I say if those bipeds wanna fly let them beg a dragon for the stuff...
    Good idea. Dragons are unable tocomplete either the ROP or the AROP without biped help. Seems only fair to me.

Although I also agree that it would be better yet if only dryads should be able to fly and only after they've done some sort of lengthy quest -- which will require dragon help to complete.

If other bipeds want to fly they should lobby TG to get dragon riding in. Then all they'd have to do is beg a dragon for a ride.

I used to be a lot more tolerant, but the hate towards dragons on these boardsin the last few weeks has changed my attitude.

For one you have a dragon and you yourself said you went from level 99 to level 100 in an hour on it at purple flies.
    At level 99 rating 99I gained approx 30,000 exp each off t6 mobs. The second time aroundI gained 20,000, and it keeps dropping from there. You gain fast in the first half of the class and slow in the second half. Thats common knowledge. Thats great if you can kill purple flies at level 20. You have a whole lot of classes under your belt. Me? All I can do is nature bolt II with 1000 nature skill on cobalt golems and use improved revitalize 1 and revitalize II at level 20 to heal myself. I have around 500 each of power and strength after healer and druid.Level gain is very slow evenin low 20s soloing them.I didnt take monk yet so I dont have your ultra avoidance to mass field pull. I didnt take mage yet so I dont have your 1000 base power, no zerker so i dont have the 1000 strength, thus you will find many bipeds have a harder time than you multiclassing.You have done enough levels to be able to kill t6 and avoid much of the damage from T6 even at level 20. Thats obviously not everyone,specifically the much less heavily multiclassed people.
    ---- ALSO, and this is very much worthy of note,dont forget that when you did the majority of your powerleveling, the powerleveling nerfs were not in place. Thus... you didnt work nearly as hard forthe classes you have doneas the future generations have to and experience gain then is not the same as experience gain now. That lends a great amount of substance to why bipeds *will* have to earn their spot at the top even though they arent getting it. (its been argued they do at the very end of a long line of classes).
    As far as if you dont know how to play your dragon, go on blight and get lessons from the dragons there beating everyone up.
    Without going into much detail yes there is a market. Paid labor on our plots, the ever barely affordable components, upgrading costs, most of us dont have decent wealth amassed.

Anyhow, thanks for agreeing that dragons are "godly single combat fighters" and that a 2x100 biped should be able to wipe the floor with them, from a numerical standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka
    Oh yes, and let mesay Dragon quests areas not as fun as a lot of bipeds seem to think they are. -_- Some of them are downright hard....there have been a few it's taken me days to finish.

Anyway Tarran, if you think Dragons are so over powered let mesay this one thing you used to say to me. When I said multiclassing would be nice instead of being stuck in one school you said well role a biped then. Well...if you think Dragons are overpowered and want that power roll a dragon and actually stick with it longer then it takes to feed it hoard from your biped. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img] Not ALL dragons are overpowered...as a spellcaster I am rather moderate in power and a lot of the higher level mobs can wipe the floor with me if I'm not careful.
    Curious... I dont remember that conversation. Also yes, most Helians arent that overpowered because they dont throw everything into Tooth and Claw.A 15 second recycle though on Gold Rage is insane. Anyway, I would like some of your adventure quests... see I only get a couple each from my entire adv classes. Are you going to tell me roll a dragon? ;)

So anyway, I still like the idea of dryads flying and the rest of the bipeds getting mountables.

So anyway, I still like the idea of dryads flying and the rest of the bipeds getting mountables.

Hmmm. When a biped mount you, they automatically get some money deducted (15c per second per tier, or something) that is converted into hoard :)

Heh my sister remembers the conversation. Anyway, they're not adventure quests....dragons only get 3 adventure quests. What dragon quests are is (at times)annoyingly hard quests that give us what would essentually be our base skills. Things that you get just for leveling.

Dryads should have hover as a race granted by a racial quest and I think the rest of us should be able to get some form of levitation spell or potion even if it only lets us hover/float 2m off the surface below.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

I think Dryads should get a quest similar to dragon RoP that would begin around the same time as dragon RoP which at the end would grant them flight with around a30-50ceiling hight. I also think bipeds should get potions at around the same level as dragon rop which they would get through a quest that is around the same difficulty as both dryad and dragon RoP would be. I say this potion would allow for maybe 100 flight ceiling..last for around 3 min and have a refresh timer of 4. So you could fly for 3 minutes and then be grounded for 1 minute before you could use the potion again. Spells would also work for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka
    I think Dryads should get a quest similar to dragon RoP that would begin around the same time as dragon RoP which at the end would grant them flight with around a 50- 100ceiling hight. I also think bipeds should get potions at around the same level as dragon rop which they would get through a quest that is around the same difficulty as both dryad and dragon RoP would be. I say this potion would allow for maybe 100 flight ceiling..last for around 3 min and have a refresh timer of 4. So you could fly for 3 minutes and then be grounded for 1 minute before you could use the potion again. Spells would also work for this.
    personally, I find those penality to be too low. May as well give them unlimited flight. A 1 or 2 hour timer is more likely, kind of like our Rez. Every biped can get it? Then it should be nerfed to death. Lower the hp by 75%, 1-2 hours refresh. last 1 minute

Dryads SHOULD get unlimited flight I think, and 100 metres off terrain mesh isn't that high when you compair the hight dragons can get to. I meanDryads have wings..flying makes sence. Also the potion isn't that bad, the times can be changed but not so much that it no longerbecomes useful.Maybe3 minutesflight time and a 5-10minute recharge would be better. Though what you're suggesting is just pretty much useless and I disagree with it whole heartedly. Both the potions and the dryad flight would have to be gained through quests just as hard as RoP and at around the same level so I don't see the problem.

Also dragon res is just fine...it's a superior res that gets rid of deathpoints and restores to full res. Also...it says a 1 next to it's name...how do you know it won't improve. The hoard cost is like nothing when you're at that high of a level and every peice of hoard at that teir gives you over 5k.

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tarran of Chaos wrote: So anyway, I still like the idea of dryads flying and the rest of the bipeds getting mountables.

Hmmm. When a biped mount you, they automatically get some money deducted (15c per second per tier, or something) that is converted into hoard [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    or you just flat out pay with hoard, I'd be flying everywhere.

Thread Information