Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A call to arms.

Default A call to arms.

Me thinks that old rivalry between bipeds and dragons, once set aside to combat the WA, should threaten to erupt into war once again. I think any biped level 100 should be fair game to dragons, and vice versa. Let the masters of their schools be the first to strike back and forth across the Istarian battlefield. Anarchy! Chaos! Blood! I want to hunt dragons, scanning the skies for their likeness, huddled into my little crevice watching a field of hoard carrying vermin, and knowing they will come... awaiting the opportune moment to let loose my battlecry and leap down from the escarpment and set upon those huge beasts with great wrath and vengeance.
    I think their should be a tally system to keep track of kills. Group kills counting for each player in the group. There should be npcs, each race having one, who give you increased rankings for your kill counts, and with each rank a higher banner to adorn your characters name... Bipeds vs dragons... What say you?!

Default Re: A call to arms.

No fighting within towns though, as is the general rule.

You're definitely playing the wrong game ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Me thinks that old rivalry between bipeds and dragons, once set aside to combat the WA, should threaten to erupt into war once again. I think any biped level 100 should be fair game to dragons, and vice versa. Let the masters of their schools be the first to strike back and forth across the Istarian battlefield. Anarchy! Chaos! Blood! I want to hunt dragons, scanning the skies for their likeness, huddled into my little crevice watching a field of hoard carrying vermin, and knowing they will come... awaiting the opportune moment to let loose my battlecry and leap down from the escarpment and set upon those huge beasts with great wrath and vengeance.
    I think their should be a tally system to keep track of kills. Group kills counting for each player in the group. There should be npcs, each race having one, who give you increased rankings for your kill counts, and with each rank a higher banner to adorn your characters name... Bipeds vs dragons... What say you?!
    I have to agree with Narkano on this... But not to flame you completely 20m into the ground I will give you a suggestion that will allow you to kill dragons AND kill WA...

If you wanna kill dragons go to Draak and kill some pale hatchlings or ghostly dragons...
    Or if you are realy a dragonslayer *cough*bullsh_t*cough* then take on the Shadowdragon...

Lvl 100 dragons will never be a match againsta true uberped...
    Some of those powerleveled freaks have no idea how to play their uberped so we might kill those...

This game is not made for PvP and will never be trully usefull for something like that so let search be your friend and see how many others got flamed for wanting PvP...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Yeah and until last month everyone said pvp would never be in Horizons either.

There is a difference between a small testing area on BLIGHT / testing server and having full scale pvp on the live servers... [;)]
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Dragonboy, let me ask why you feel you should even compete with a 2 x 100 biped? That person did twice the work you did. A 3 x 100 did 3 times the work, and so on and so forth. They should be much greater than your piddling 1 x 100. Unfortunately it isnt so as we all know.
    Dont even get me started about crafts cuz i will end up doing5 different classes just to work on my plot plus the prereqs for those classes, as well as ill have to buy or otherwise obtain the different tools for all of that. You will build your lair with one andwithout any toolworries.I dont even think dragons should be allowed to play with bipeds its such an unlevel playing field.
    Tulga, give them their own shard and be done with it. I should say give us bipeds our own shard cuz the dragons already own the existing ones :P Put up a biped only shard where things will be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tarran of Chaos wrote: Yeah and until last month everyone said pvp would never be in Horizons either.There is a difference between a small testing area on BLIGHT / testing server and having full scale pvp on the live servers... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    You're not gonna tell me anything about pvp dude lol. I came to this game from 7 straight years of pvp arena and pking and guildwarring, and chaos/order warring every day religiously.

Dragonboy, let me ask why you feel you should even compete with a 2 x 100 biped? That person did twice the work you did. A 3 x 100 did 3 times the work, and so on and so forth. They should be much greater than your piddling 1 x 100. Unfortunately it isnt so as we all know.
    Dont even get me started about crafts cuz i will end up doing5 different classes just to work on my plot plus the prereqs for those classes, as well as ill have to buy or otherwise obtain the different tools for all of that. You will build your lair with one andwithout any toolworries.I dont even think dragons should be allowed to play with bipeds its such an unlevel playing field.
    Tulga, give them their own shard and be done with it. I should say give us bipeds our own shard cuz the dragons already own the existing ones [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img] Put up a biped only shard where things will be fair.
    If the person actually did 2 times or 3 times the work to get multiple 100 I dont know...
    I completely dispise the biped way of leveling, fighting, crafting... everything about them actually...
    Personnally I completely dispise the whole multiclassing way of the biped...
    I have played Hz for 1 year and now that I have been playing SWG for a few weeks I like that way of leveling a whole lot better then this game has to offer...
    It forces ppl to make choices in how they wanna play their game, so to speak theyspecialize in certain areas to become strong...
    In Hz you dont really specialize...
    Unless you dare to call finishing ALL schools at 100 specializing...

And now to get back to the remark why I think that I should compete with 2x100 or 3x100 bipeds...
    Read your own first post about that so-called dragonslayer stuff...
    I played an 100/100 dragon and 2x100/3x100 and 4+/100 bipeds will be chasing MY tail because they want to kill me...

And now to respond to your remark about that bipeds who have completed 4x100 should be A WHOLE LOT better then 1x100 dragons...
    Yes and No...
    Yes they have done more work and thus should be rewarded properly...

No, An Adult or Ancient dragon is a whole lot bigger then a puny biped and could in fact crush a none expecting biped who has 8+x100 just by standing/sitting or landing on top of them, not to mention that under normal circumstances 1 hit by an adult/ancient dragon would make the attacking biped fly through the sky for a few meters... (devs!!! idea for Biped flying!!! [H])

In my honest opinion a 1x100 hatchling should equal the average 1x100 biped, adult should equal the average 3x100 biped and an ancient even more then that just by the size of our characters...

For all I care the amount of xp required to lvl would be tripled or more as long as we would get our proper strenght...

But bipeds would only whine about us dragons being far to strong just like they whined about the size ancients were gonna be and look what happend to us dragons after that...

[img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragonboy wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Tarran of Chaos wrote: Yeah and until last month everyone said pvp would never be in Horizons either.There is a difference between a small testing area on BLIGHT / testing server and having full scale pvp on the live servers... [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

You're not gonna tell me anything about pvp dude lol. I came to this game from 7 straight years of pvp arena and pking and guildwarring, and chaos/order warring every day religiously.
    If you like pvp so much...
    Why come to Horizons that clearly has NO pvp on the live servers...

In SWG I got challenged to a duel, I was amused and accepted and after 5 minutes of trying to nail me (including the moment he/she tried to call for assistance in killing me)he or she ran away never to be seen again...
    Pvp only attracks the whiners and the weirdos...

You may have played on as many pvp servers and as many years as you want, seems you actually learned nothing about playing a game with others after all.

And that talk about more work and being stronger ...a 10x100 biped didn't do 10x the work of a 1x100 dragon the same age. The dragon just accumulated as much xp but they are simply of no use to him at all.

This game was designed for playersto play together and it was balanced to that goal. Else a true ancient dragon probably would gladly pick you limb from limb before throwing your remainsinto a pool of lava ...

- Narkano

This is not correct. The devs always said that a removed and voluntaryform of PvP had been planned (like a arena), but no open PvP. And exactly this has Smeglor now done with his arena: a removed and voluntary form of PvP.
    Cerjar de Viejalcazaba - Paladin
    Rahskha - Ranger
    Farandor - Ancient Helian Dragon

...Realm of Unity...

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

If the person actually did 2 times or 3 times the work to get multiple 100 I dont know...
    I completely dispise the biped way of leveling, fighting, crafting... everything about them actually...
    Personnally I completely dispise the whole multiclassing way of the biped...
    I have played Hz for 1 year and now that I have been playing SWG for a few weeks I like that way of leveling a whole lot better then this game has to offer...
    It forces ppl to make choices in how they wanna play their game, so to speak theyspecialize in certain areas to become strong...
    In Hz you dont really specialize...
    Unless you dare to call finishing ALL schools at 100 specializing...
    I'll challenge that. I'm a level 20 warrior and ONLY level 20 warrior. I don't intend on taking any other adventure classes. I have the five construction classes, plus blacksmith, scholar, outfitter, and miner. Chances are likely I'll not take any new craft classes.

It still doesn't mean I want to fight a dragon even if we do get evenly matched.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Personally I'd prefer a call to arms....Because the WA were actually invading/conquering/killing/looting/blighting. And or a call to arms to take back what was lost....
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

:( Most of my friends are dragons.

Jayne

Some of those powerleveled freaks have no idea how to play their uberped so we might kill those...

PvP...
    I have a level 100 dragon copied to blight, who is now ancient. I have fought roughly 16 1 vs. 1 fights against uberpeds of all classes and ratings as high as 192. Out of those 16 fights, I have 11 kills, 3 draws, and only 2 loses. Most of these were talented warriors too and understood how to use their advantages.
    I may have won more, but the battles were hard fought in most cases.

As far as group fights went, we have done 5 dragons vs. 5 uberpeds of various classes and we beat themtwice in less than 60 seconds of combat (once combat commenced) for2 separate confrontations. It was a feeding frenzy! >:E

I also have an uberped (rating 163) and I would put my dragon up against him anyday. while playing my biped I have some advantages, it only takes one mistake and it's all over, my dragon would tear him to shreds.

One of those draws I had was with Kwinn, that biped just refused to die! lol
    Kwinn's tactics were superb and in my opinion he is the best biped PvPer I have come up against yet. If you have any doubt about the viability of dragons in PvP, talk to Kwinn and he will set you straight. ;)

As far as running out of your crevice to attack me, I love delivery food. [6]

EDIT: that said. I wouldnt mind wars based on how the original intent of the game was suppose to be. Dragons should be hunted and greatly prized. Makes playing a dragon exciting. :) but make it consentual so as not to hurt those that want to just enjoy their dragon. Have alters for changing between PvP and non-PvP.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Eye witness Skald is right. A dragon who knows what they are doing... are freaking badass..

In my honest opinion a 1x100 hatchling should equal the average 1x100 biped, adult should equal the average 3x100 biped and an ancient even more then that just by the size of our characters...
    Thats a good idea in theory.... but.... how easily you become Adults... no, thats just not right. Again like Skald... I watched him take down a 185 rated bi-ped... sooo if that were to change to your idea, #1 Skald, a Dragon who actually knows what he's doing would be beyond hurt, #2 all the Dragon who don't have a clue what it going on, and don't have the slightest idea how to run their character... and posting on the forums about it all the bloody time... will be just as good as him, again not fair.

Plus...A single classed Bi-ped taking down a dragon? I can only think of 1... and thats Elar... if you want to try and take on a Dragon as a single 100 bi-ped... be my guest, they say they suck.... but thats just to fool you, they'd dominate you clear into World of Warcraft (which is where I can see you headed after it happens 15 times over)

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragonboy wrote:

PvP...

I have a level 100 dragon copied to blight, who is now ancient. I have fought roughly 16 1 vs. 1 fights against uberpeds of all classes and ratings as high as 192. Out of those 16 fights, I have 11 kills, 3 draws, and only 2 loses. Most of these were talented warriors too and understood how to use their advantages.
    I may have won more, but the battles were hard fought in most cases.

As far as group fights went, we have done 5 dragons vs. 5 uberpeds of various classes and we beat themtwice in less than 60 seconds of combat (once combat commenced) for2 separate confrontations. It was a feeding frenzy! >:E

I also have an uberped (rating 163) and I would put my dragon up against him anyday. while playing my biped I have some advantages, it only takes one mistake and it's all over, my dragon would tear him to shreds.

One of those draws I had was with Kwinn, that biped just refused to die! lol
    Kwinn's tactics were superb and in my opinion he is the best biped PvPer I have come up against yet. If you have any doubt about the viability of dragons in PvP, talk to Kwinn and he will set you straight. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

As far as running out of your crevice to attack me, I love delivery food. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-14.gif[/img]

EDIT: that said. I wouldnt mind wars based on how the original intent of the game was suppose to be. Dragons should be hunted and greatly prized. Makes playing a dragon exciting. [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] but make it consentual so as not to hurt those that want to just enjoy their dragon. Have alters for changing between PvP and non-PvP.
    Ok, it's like this...a level 100 adult/ancient dragon powered by some brains at the control end is THE God of melee combat. I hit Skald with everything I had, T5 spells with 3x T5 teching, flame, energy and ice skills in 1100-1200 range, 1500ish Power. I got him to maybe half of his HP left and I had to get the hell outta dodge because I had no roots, slows, stuns or mezzes left. Skald shrugged off or mitigated damage output that would blast any mob into atoms. Then he got to within melee range inspite of everything I could do to stop him. I wear mithril plate armor with 3x T5 teching, mithril health jewelry with 3x T5 teching, crush and slash resistance in the 400 range each, 2400 armor, 3200 HP, 1700 evasion and he damned near dropped me on at least 3 or 4 different occasions within the time limit of the fight.

I suspect other dragons would be nearly as difficult as Skald although I cannot imagine a dragon being better. Any biped or group of bipeds that wants free-for-all PVP biped vs dragon better make damned sure they have some dragon proof body armor handy. If not, then have a body bag handy.

More and more I see vision of the developers with multiclassed bipeds and single classed dragons. Multiclassed bipeds excel at killing in numbers, either many at once or single foes in rapid succesion. Yes, we can take on that big tough named mobs and the really difficult mobs but not the same chance of success as a dragon. Draons excel at 1 on 1 combat. No biped can approach what they can do. Numbers can be problematic for a draon, I suspect, as their crowd control abilites and AoEs are limited at best. Does this make either bipeds or dragon overpowered? Absolutely not, it makes them different.

Now the whiners about overpowered this or that want, apparently, dragons to be able to do everything a biped can do while taking away the biped's ability to do it OR they want bipeds to be able to do everything a dragon can do while taking away from the dragon's abilities. This is just wrong, bipeds and dragons are different, each has its strengths, each has its weaknesses. And thank the devs for the differences, I would not want to play a game with so many different races, so many different schools, so many different choises to make and have the end result being everyone has the same capabilities. Besides, dwarfs with wings is gonna look dumb as hell. About as dumb as a dragon wearing speed teched boots
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

it awemazing how the 1 dragon I've seen who knows what he is doing... hasn't complained about his class being underpowered.

Maybe ifa dragon could change schools like a bi-ped, Instead of just ancients you could get Primeval dragon, Wise Dragon, Ancient Dragon, ArchaicDragon, and such... then completely zap away the strength you dragon have now (which will make you complain even more) so that you could be more like bi-peds classes.

Maybe then it would be fair to say open game for Bi-peds and Dragons, when there is an equal balance between us.

Thread Information