Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Stlye of Interface

Default New Stlye of Interface

I call this set up the Link Removed Odd since im lunus to ;) but i just love blue

here is a temp link for the Helains way Interface theme
    Link Removed

please please report your feed back on it and if you notice any spots that i missed do tell me and i will fix
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; August 16th, 2006 at 08:21 PM.

N'allii

Default Re: New Stlye of Interface

I like it, but would really really like a red and black interface for us lunuses...:D

if your on chaos then mabye for a price I can make a custom interface for you...or any one else that is on chaos thats wants a custom interface for a fee ill make one for you. Now that i got the system down of making it 1-2 days is about the time frame I can make a total new stlye

Edit
    just so were on the same page..price as in in game money [:P]

Down in the corner... can I suggest a blue version of the dragon-claw orb from the Character Selection art? That may work better here.

In any case, not bad. I'd give the textured menu background something other than the default to make it different, give it a better 'feel'. Perhaps a light suggestion of overlapping scales, or the craggy rock similarly de-contrasted from, again, the Character Selection art?

Makes me wanna go in and see what I can come up, too. Been thinking about mebby an Elven or Sslik style to work on. Too bad the AGH converter isn't available, or I could've used some in-game textures that would work well here...

Quote Originally Posted by Lethosos
    Down in the corner... can I suggest a blue version of the dragon-claw orb from the Character Selection art? That may work better here.
    um look closer at the screen shot i provide there is a blue claw :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lethosos

In any case, not bad. I'd give the textured menu background something other than the default to make it different, give it a better 'feel'. Perhaps a light suggestion of overlapping scales, or the craggy rock similarly de-contrasted from, again, the Character Selection art?
    tried that to, the imgs get resized when you resize the window in game which in turn will squish strecht what ever is the back ground img...i tried putting a shadow of a dragon...and unless you dont squish or strech the window it will look funny

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    tried that to, the imgs get resized when you resize the window in game which in turn will squish strecht what ever is the back ground img...i tried putting a shadow of a dragon...and unless you dont squish or strech the window it will look funny
    Huh... I assumed that they tile it for that. It'll look real funny if I did something else--I wish they didn't do that, but you gotta work with what you have.

Oh well.

Fridlekh

If it helps, the properties of UIImage are:

boolTiled
    boolScaled
    boolFlipTextureCoordinates

stringImage
    stringShader

floatColorR
    floatColorG
    floatColorB

boolClipEnabled

While I'm looking up UIImage in the HZ files...

I seem to have a problem getting interface changes to show up properly in HZ--it keeps showing the "default" style. Any suggestions?

Update: Found the background stuff in UICoreWindows.def--by default it's tiled, so you shouldn't have those tiling problems in the first place. Go back in and double-check if you like.

(Note: Given that this is C-style programming... I can start thinking of what else that could be done to add to this... :D )

N'allii

Sadly, I'm on Order.....can I order one anyway? Pwetty pwease? :)

imported_Drakarr

Just wanted to say BLUE IS AWESOME!! I love the new interface, noticed immediately its is much easier on the eyes. The claw in the corner is great :)
    The installer is very convenient, now i dont have to go searching around for the files(the art on it is great too).

Blue, your interface looks really nice. I particularly like some features of it, the claw in the bottom right and the equip screen. Unfortunatly I have some sort of thing where certian frequencies of blue light really bother my eyes, and this is apparently one of them, so I am unable to use it for long. Nice work though.
    Lumineux Talar

Blue Hasia, would you be kind enough to send me some intruction on which files I would need to alter to make my own interface? I would love to work on my own, but haven't a clue where to start at.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Chat flashes are much more visible with your color scheme.
    Shadowalker

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Just looking at the blue one and Tagath wants to see it on his computer.

What would be the process involved in switching it from blue to any other color?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

thanks all for the great compaliments[:D]

I hear alot of poeple asking how to make there own. well its not hard to do just takes time and it depends on how deep you want to take it the first part is the main interface were files are located here

Removed... .. .

these line of codes withen the file will be your main concern to change

and that is all I can say. i hope this help if you make a new design I will be more than happy to make it into a installer host it and place it in my flash collection for others to find
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; August 16th, 2006 at 10:29 PM.

Been slowly working on the Sslik files at home--for some reason, the version of HZ at work won't change the interface files from the default. I've a few ideas to fiddle with in here, but I've learned a few things.

Sometimes it's easier to simply add to the DEF files and make little changes here and there. What you need to know is that the main files are UICoreWindows and UIFonts--I've added a new font to the Fonts directory above ("Zorai" from the defunct Saga of Ryzom racial font set,) and just copy/pasted pre-existing text to create new ones within UIFonts. Then opened UICoreWindows to change font names as appropriate. This saves me from needing to change one more file in the long run, if I change to a different interface.

Image sizes are important--for most of the stuff. I can see some minor optimizations and needless constraints, but for the most part gradients and background textures can be any size as long as it fits the standard texture ratios of 64. I'll have to play with them later on, but it should help me out.

The launch gem in the corner is done a bit funky--I would strongly reccomend having the orignal launch_button_* files and adjust all of them accordingly--the Sslik gem is currently shoved way too far into the corner despite previous adjustments to the image files. Should be able to fix it now that I have a fresh re-copy of the orignal interface. I wish they've made it easier...

You can even play with the way it arranges its image resources in its windows--I'm thinking about messing with the Dragon equipment window to see if it's possible. Should be entertaining.

NICE job on the UI Hasia!! I love it!
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

I did notice one little quirk in it. If you have Sillowyi's chat mod installed, the first row of tabs is the blue-tinged that your interface is supposed to be but the second row of tabs is gold-tinged default color. Both row having your blue lettering.
    Shadowalker

imayo can you show a screen shot?

and im pretty sure that there is some extra coding for the tab mod and who ever made it set it to be the color you are seeing and my UI only effects the standered HZ interface,

Thread Information