Thread: Blighted equipment crafting and mining blighted essence

Default Blighted equipment crafting and mining blighted essence

I've found that currently, crafting blighted equipment is mostly pointless, due to the amount of time and effort involed. Currently, if you have the skills at optimum, it takes 120 blighted essence to make 1 blighted item, and you only get 0 to maybe 5 or 7 blighted essence per undead creature that you kill. By the time that you can kill the creatures effectivly alone, you are well past the point that the equipment for that level is really useful, because you have to kill about 60 to upwards of 100+ before you get enough of the stuff to make 1 item. [:@]
    I do like the fact of it taking 4 essence to make 1 orb, and 10 orbs to make 1 core, and 3 cores to make 1 item. I do think the ammount is apropriate, due to the difficulty of making these items [:)]. However, I think that the amount of time neccisary to make them, makes the effort mostly pointless, due to the necessity of killing things to get the essence and the level that you will be able to be able to make things [:(].
    [I] I would like to see blighted essence nodes placed around the blighted areas, so that the essence can be harvested. You woud still need to go back to a town or other area with an essence shaper, and then to an anvil/dragon forge to make the items, but it would actually make it worth the time it takes to make it that way. Since, when you make any blighted item, you have no clue what all the bonuses and/or negatives it will have, it will still be time consuming and possibly pointless to make, it would actually have the possibility of being worth the time, in the equipment you could get and a possible proffit from selling it.
    As it stands, the only way to get decent blighted equiment (if anyone evens wants it) for your level is to buy it from higher level people that might have looted it off of creatures already, that are too high of level for you to kill, or to party and hope that you get a blighted item that is useful, or buy it if some higher levelperson already crafted it,because crafting it is simply pointless for your own level, and the amount you can get for it is really to low to make crafting it and selling it, proffitable, imo [:'(].

Default Re: Blighted equipment crafting and mining blighted essence

I just wanted to remind you that you get a blight core for deconstructing a blighted item. So 3 blighted items can be crafted into a new blighted item, no essence required. [:)]

How about a line of items that don't reek of grave rot, are actually worth having & using, and don't smack of giving aid & comfort to the enemy?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

There's always the demon line of weapons for an alternative. [:D] I'm not sure though how Istarians envision demons, as they don't appear to have a concept of hell. I've assumed that with the prevalence and long dominance of the Withered Aegis, they pretty much take plane of Blight as hell / source of all evil.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information