Thread: Hands up please

Default Hands up please

I'd really like to see how many people are still getting unsolicited full scans using the stand alone launcher. I cannot possibly be the only person having this problem and so far support is clueless on how to fix it (prolly because they keep trying to find the fix to my problem on MY computer but that's another story).

So hands up anyone else who uses the stand alone launcher and is still having it insist on redownloading all the *list.auc files, doing a full scan, and DLing and deleting some stuff.

Default Re: Hands up please

*raises hand*

Full scans and deletes the same 2 files every time.

Adv: 12x100, 72 Wizard, 60 Warrior, 40 CHSW, 10 Monk (200)
    Craft: 19x100, 100 Tailor (234)
    [extended vacation]

It doesn't feel like a full scan, it goes so quickly, but yes, it does some sort of scan and deletes two files each time.

-Levity

I do all the time, because it constantly keeps checking the "fullscan" option in the patcher options area.

I uncheck it. I close thepatcher.exe. I open it, and its checked again. That is why it keeps happening (to me at least)
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Actually, I get - "Your Launcher is out of date." It then downloads the launcher, updates it amd only does a full scan once so far - which was the last update. It still tells me everytime to download the stand alone launcher tho - but doesn't perform anymore full scans.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

yes i have the same prob snow i just don't use it because of that

Yep, still happening for me deletes a test image file and something else every time.
    I went back to using the web page until they fix it.
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

just for kicks if u havent already tried...open yer standalone patcher do yer thing...goto the patcher options and unselect fullscan..click back until u get to the login where u can select customize. open that hit save layout and see if it helps.
    I dont encounter this problem but i have done the save layout thing a few times to place the patcher where i want on my desktop...only diff i can think of. Maybe check yer fullscan option thru the webpage as well tho i think that resets to off by deault after a use. but ya never know.
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I've found that once it starts doing the full scan routine every time, it needs to be reminded NOT to. Start up the launcher, go through to the point for patcher options. Check off the full scan, go back to your character selection screen and hit play, let the game start up, then exit. Exiting the launcher before it actually launches the game doesn't cause it to save any changes you did to patching options.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Also keep in mind, if you STOP the update DURING the scanning it will flip the failed_full registry key and even the web launcher will full scan when run.

You can delete the key if you are sure you're up to date.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

/sigh As I told support, I don't use full scan. Never have unless told to and even then I immediately remove it once the requested full scan is done. So no, my full scan is not checked on my SAL and yes, I have double checked to be sure the SAL isn't rechecking it for me.

Here is something else, the site login is performing the exact same actions using the new launcher. Doesn't happen if the new launcher isn't used but use the new launcher and you get the same problem as the SAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgrim StoneCleaver
    Actually, I get - "Your Launcher is out of date." It then downloads the launcher, updates it amd only does a full scan once so far - which was the last update. It still tells me everytime to download the stand alone launcher tho - but doesn't perform anymore full scans.
    Yeppers. I get the same thing every time.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Elren

Yall are lucky. I have to patch the same 102 files every day that I log on. (which is every day).

Patcher or webpage.

Thread Information