Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dryad RoP

Loacalea

Default Re: Dryad RoP

Ialso posted in mine form for multi-classing for dragon.
    Example of classes water thats will allow dragon to even breath under water, fire they will even dive into solid lava, wind master of air combat, life a dragon thats can breath life, andearth dragon thats use the very earth as defense and also can dive right into the earth itself.
    There woudn't be any tempest or thunder dragons thought just basic element even the Light and Darkness dragon would have to be a speacial event thats shouldn't begin in a very long time from now (dark dragon would master dimensional pocket and able to use it as an attack and can cast tempest bolt).
    Those are a few suggestion of classes wich all have there power and like those classes might have a speacial effect.
    Also Primal bolt is something dragon are infuse with but it not what lie within but that what lie within all and nature primal power thats exist in many creature thats give them str.
    However multi classing for dragon mean they learn of the ability thats divide and make them them and inseat of seing there claw to cast they reach inside and use there mouth to cast bolts.
    They will use there primal and claws t str all there ability and only dragon thats finish RoP can truly bring out there power.

It only natural dragon would be able to take elemental classes.
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=24732

Dryads wings ar fragil yes they can be fast however they shouldn't be able to fly higher then the regualer trees as the wind current would be to much for them if they fly higher.
    Flying so high could strik damage to them untill they return to there normal flight lvl.

Well, I think all of your opinions suck and if you dont agree with me then you are wrong.

Btw Loac, dragons multiclassing is out of the picture. They got all their stuff. Its bipeds turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarran of Chaos
    Well, I think all of your opinions suck and if you dont agree with me then you are wrong.

Btw Loac, dragons multiclassing is out of the picture. They got all their stuff. Its bipeds turn.
    Wrong. We're still waiting for our post ancient schools. You can wait for that, since you already got your schools
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

No...Dragons have gotten so much attention that it istime for the bipeds to get some. They should work on actual problems before adding more for dragons. Although I wouldn't mind a write up of what we could expect in the future, I think dragons have already taken up enough of the Dev time for a while.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka
    No...Dragons have gotten so much attention that it istime for the bipeds to get some. They should work on actual problems before adding more for dragons. Although I wouldn't mind a write up of what we could expect in the future, I think dragons have already taken up enough of the Dev time for a while.
    That's the dev mistake for emptying all of dragon content 2 weeks prior the final release.
    What's left to gain once you're a 100/100 dragon in the game? Not much, if hunting for not reward. The ancient schools that were supposed to be release along ancient are still to be seen.

I'm level 100/100 too, and I find plenty to do. Wether if be crafting for others, helping others with quests and whatnot. If leveling is all you like doing then start another hatchling. If what you're doing is not rewarding then FIND something rewarding to do.As much as more dragon content would be nice, we're getting lairs and we've gotten so much already that I am willing to step aside and let other races get their turn.

I'm level 100/100 too, and I find plenty to do. Wether if be crafting for others, helping others with quests and whatnot. If leveling is all you like doing then start another hatchling. If what your'e doing is not rewarding then FIND something rewarding to do.As much as more dragon content would be nice, we're getting lairs and we've gotten so much already that I am willing to step aside and let other races get their turn.
    We'ge got so much already? We got what was removed from the game. Period. We haven't gotten anything extra. And remember, not everyone want to play their character the same. You got your way of playing the game. Others play it differently. If you like playing in your sandbox, that's find. But don't tell me I should pay your game the way YOU play it too.

If you like stalling, find with you. I don't.

I never said you should play your charactor my way. All I said is that if your game play experience isn't rewarding that you should find something to do to make it rewarding.

Dragons like you make dragons like me look bad. -_- All they ever hear out of your maw is gimme, gimme, gimme. This is a game...it's is for everyones enjoyment..not only for dragons. Let the other half of the player base enjoy the game too. Give something besides dragons some "love". Fix the issues that effect all of us.

I never said you should play your charactor my way. All I said is that if your game play experience isn't rewarding that you should find something to do to make it rewarding.

Dragons like you make dragons like me look bad. -_- All they ever hear out of your maw is gimme, gimme, gimme. This is a game...it's is for everyones enjoyment..not only for dragons. Let the other half of the player base enjoy the game too. Give something besides dragons some "love". Fix the issues that effect all of us.

There's 2 kind of dragons: those letting themselves bullied, and those who don't.
    Asking for FIX and BALANCE FIXING isn't gimme, gimme, gimme.
    Dragon got released imcomplete. It isn't 'gimme, gimme, gimme' to ask them to be completed.
    You like to fight battles bellow your level, then fine with you. It isn't for many other dragons.
    Asking for ballance ISN'T asking for more gimme. It's asking for delayed fix to come to make the game more enjoyable.

I have no problem killing above or at my level.... But anyway..I'm tired of this bickering back and forth...I have my opinions and you have yours and neither are going to change. *sighs* I just give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    Wrong. We're still waiting for our post ancient schools. You can wait for that, since you already got your schools
    You are waiting for your other schools. "We" are waiting for everything else you already got (lore, quests, buildings (soon), ... )

Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Thank you Eni, and thank you especially Nay. I just wanna see things fair.

Unfortunately, the only thing I have seen this far in game for bipeds in generalsince ARoP is nerfs. As far as Giant racials... I have no idea what the *#@! they are thinking with what they did to half giant daze. It sucked before and it sucks now. Ill trade it for another Giants Increased health. Then I would have a whole +20 health for both of my racials together, which is still an improvement.

Dragons are incomplete. Ever heard of "positive reinforcement" from behavioral psychology. Essentially if you want a rat to continue doing a task, every now and then you have to give it positive reinforcement - a reward.

This is whats lacking for 100/100 dragons. When you hit 100/100 as a dragon, the game just ends. With no way to continue improving your character all positive reinforcement stops. Its like getting to the end of a single-player game and seeing "The End. congratulations, you won. Thank you for playing. Please play a different game now".

Imagine if you were playing a game where there was just one class -- so no multiclassing. Suppose that game had a level limit of 100. Also suppose that the only loot avaiable were bland crafted items. Not even one single set or unique item existed to hunt for.

At first you might find this game quite interesting. But when you finally got the best crafted gear and got yourself to 100... then what? You are essentially done with the game. Sure you can stay and chat with other players. But at that point you're participating in a chatroom ... you're no longer actually playing the game because you won the game and there is nothing left to strive for.

This is the condition dragons are in now. This is not the condition bipeds are in or ever were in because bipeds can multiclass to continue improving indefinitely, and because some small selection of unique and set items exist for bipeds (none exist for dragons).

Sure dragons got a lot of attention this last year. But the fact is that even after all this attention the dragon experience in Istaria is fatally broken and is still far behind the biped experience.

Remember the movie Apollo 13? When the nasa ground crew was trying to figure out how to get the ship safely back to earth, at one point a scientist pointed out they had enough power to get the ship in reentry but not enough to open the parachutes. The head scientist responded that if you can't open the chutes then what's the point. Dragons are in this position now. They're still in orbit hoping to be fixed. Bipeds are already safely on the ground. Before switching over all resources to bipeds, the devs should take the time to actually fix the dragon experience by adding some kind of continuing endgame... something to do, some way to continue improving... some positive reinforcement to give dragons a reason to actually play the game.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Eni
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Dragoniade wrote: Wrong. We're still waiting for our post ancient schools. You can wait for that, since you already got your schools

You are waiting for your other schools. "We" are waiting for everything else you already got (lore, quests, buildings (soon), ... )
    Ugh.
    You had your events the firsts year the game was released.
    Events dragon were pratically NOT invited.
    Events where, when combat was involved, dragons would only dies because they were subpar.
    Events where, when crafting was involved, dragons would only do 'carrying over' because they got no usable skills.

Yeah. You sure got 'nothing'. Some people sure got a short memory...

********** ************, I have to say out of all the defensive dragon replies, Dragoniade has been the most violent.

You think Bi-peds are attention cravers? We didn't complain about taking up 60% of someones screen.

We are wanting atleast quests, something to do. Saying "you have other classes to lvl" is irrelevnat to the arguement.Ever stop to think maybe alot of bi-peds don't like to do that? WHOA-UH!

So you're thinking to yourself. Man these Bi-peds are craving so much attention its pathetic. I'm thinking to myself Man this dragon is clintching on to all the attention and is affraidto death of even letting half of it go its pathetic.

I'm going to say this once and once only: Taran, I really am beginning to dislike you and your 'logic' about something that cannot be compared logically because it doesn't actually exist (by the way, all those things about hydrogen and platinum for dragons. . . just stop. They don't exist. That's as much fantasy as anything else for all anyone can say.). Shut up and stop trying to make everything in a game (game = fun for everyone, by the way) 'logical.' You are not the absolute authority on everything and just because people disagreedoes not mean they are wrong. You are the very first person that plays this game I haveseen that I have disliked.

And now I am going to attempt to get the thread back on track: I have always thought dryads needed flight, but it has to be limited because that's just how it has to go for this game. I like Fireclaws ideas, but I'm not so sure it needs to be a timed sort of thing. I think a simple height limit (tops of avarage trees, of course) would be sufficient. It should probably have its speed at 70 or so and use the same Velocity stat so techniques can boost it. It would have the same limitations as dragonflight: roots work, no using abilities in flight, etcetera.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress
    I'm going to say this once and once only: Taran, I really am beginning to dislike you and your 'logic' about something that cannot be compared logically because it doesn't actually exist (by the way, all those things about hydrogen and platinum for dragons. . . just stop. They don't exist. That's as much fantasy as anything else for all anyone can say.). Shut up and stop trying to make everything in a game (game = fun for everyone, by the way) 'logical.' You are not the absolute authority on everything and just because people disagreedoes not mean they are wrong. You are the very first person that plays this game I haveseen that I have disliked.
    I am supposed to care if you dislike me or my views? I will have to give that some thought... like... one day when I run out of all other possible things to think about. Furthermore, logic never came into play until I heard an armyof dragons all chorusing together something about *of course we should be more powerful than bipeds. look at our size. we should be 3 to 4 times stronger and 3 to 4 times more hitpoints yada yada splee splee* (yes actually calling for unfairness) so yes I used to logic to simulate why Dryads should fly. And the hydrogen theory is a bit more logical than "magic".

And no, I dont agree with your personal agenda here. Dryads should have full flight potential. It is a dryads right as much as dragons. All the people calling for limitations are saying yes, dragons should be super powerhouses even as 1 x 100 (rating 100 my arse) and yes they should ALSO be the special fun class with all the quests, flight, yada yada splee splee.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress
    I'm going to say this once and once only: Taran, I really am beginning to dislike you and your 'logic' about something that cannot be compared logically because it doesn't actually exist (by the way, all those things about hydrogen and platinum for dragons. . . just stop. They don't exist. That's as much fantasy as anything else for all anyone can say.). Shut up and stop trying to make everything in a game (game = fun for everyone, by the way) 'logical.'
    Logic plays a part in a game that is supposed to be fun for everyone. The logic of balance, and the logic of reward vs effort. They are required for the "persistant game world" TG strives to create (or at least will strive for with their next virtual world). What I am seeing from this alpha testing period of this game is that the illogical triumphs. You grab a character out of the goody bag with no idea what he is going to be able to do or not do a year down the road. No idea if his racials are going to be a level 13 ability, a level 18 ability, a level 30 ability, a level 97 ability...

Logicality,

Oh yes Tarran, shame on you fool! You and your logic!

As to where the dragons are unlogical, and enjoy it! They only think because of their size its the logical thing that they are stronger than bi-peds. oh wait....

so guess what arguement has just been scratched off the list of things to complain about. Both sides are scratching for logicality in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal
    Logicality,

Oh yes Tarran, shame on you fool! You and your logic!

As to where the dragons are unlogical, and enjoy it! They only think because of their size its the logical thing that they are stronger than bi-peds. oh wait....

so guess what arguement has just been scratched off the list of things to complain about. Both sides are scratching for logicality in the game.
    And by the same logic, something 20 time your mass should be able to kill you effortlessly.
    We don't see that in game, do we? Got to like how you like to apply 'your' logic when it please you.

Thread Information