Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Maps, updated

Fridlekh

Default New Maps, updated

The design preview shows a map, but it's a little cropped and not the final version. Since then I changed the light source direction and improved the shadowing slightly (IMO)

Drakul
    Serenity
    Balit's Isle
    Isle of the Drowned

Default Re: New Maps, updated

Cool

Looks like I dont have to bother updating the relief maps for pekka's map pack :)

[edit]
    err, before I assume that.
    Are you going to make a whole new map for istaria?
    [/edit]
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Oooh, those look nice. But yeah, will we get a new map of whole Istaria? If yes, will there be a decently sized version available? The current map, its resolution and its zoom limit are, to put it lightly, inadequate.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

What are the two cutout, black squares in the bottom end of the mount on the Serenity map?

Those are lairs ^^
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    What are the two cutout, black squares in the bottom end of the mount on the Serenity map?
    Those must be its eyes, so the map can look at you as you look at it. [;)]

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse
    Those are lairs ^^
    Were they added later? I look there on blight and thier were no lair but were listed on DBs list.

Okay what do you do with these .... just place them in the override directory
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    Okay what do you do with these .... just place them in the override directory
    Um, nope; I'm afraid it's a bit more complicated than that. Take a look inside C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons\Resources\interface\maps\Ki on and peruse the .DEF files to get an idea as to what adding a regional map entails.
    [st]

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Where is Serenity Island located?
    ~Robins

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(89)Crossbowman/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(84)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(46)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(75)Armorer/(71)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (42)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Nisse wrote:Those are lairs ^^

Were they added later? I look there on blight and thier were no lair but were listed on DBs list.
    I don't know exactly when they were added, but I know for sure that they are there on blight. Only 3 lairs there though. Serenity is roughly N of Drakul. Fly to the most northern part of Drakul, and crank your viewdistance up, you should be able to see the island.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Hmm... I've yet to fly to Drakul so these places a very much new to me. So Serenity's location has been roughly described here but... where is the Isle of the Drowned? :p

I consider myself an ice dragon but even more so do I regard myself as a dragon of fluid, so while drab to most people's eyes that Isle of the Drowned place looks pretty fun to me.

(Shame I can't swim nor breathe under water...)

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Isle of the Drowned is just SW of Parsinia. Its now a place for T1 Confectioning and there are still some T1 Blight mobs on it. You can cross the rocks to get to it, but their a pain. Most people at one time or another have fallen off them and Drowned, Hence the Islands name.
    ~Robins

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(89)Crossbowman/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(84)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(46)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(75)Armorer/(71)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (42)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Ah I see I see, silly me... I never paid attention to what the little landmass was actually called. Thought it was something new. ^^;

Thanks for clearing that up for me anyhoo.

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Quote Originally Posted by Robins
    Isle of the Drowned is just SW of Parsinia. Its now a place for T1 Confectioning and there are still some T1 Blight mobs on it. You can cross the rocks to get to it, but their a pain. Most people at one time or another have fallen off them and Drowned, Hence the Islands name.
    Hmm, not sure how people can fall off the rocks leading towards the Isle, they're wide rocks. I've been to the Isle 3 times to hunt fyakkis for their legs and the brown necroflies for their wings. Good place to hunt for lvl 15-20. Lots of weaker maggots and ghost-type critters for harvesting blighted essence.

Those rocks didn't used to be that wide and they used to have holes in them that you could fall thru and drown in.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Fridlekh

Fridlekh

And here's a pic of what the map looks like zoomed in...
    http://members.cox.net/fridlekh/horizons_1129080419.jpg

There is concern that this map will be too resource intensive, it comes in at 10 MB in 126 chunks.I may be forced to release this as a lower resolution map, bitif so this map will also be available for download.

[Y]

*shelfs his own map project, seems to be redundant now.*
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Con

looks fantastic!people like me, who for whatever reason prefer to play the "pure" game (without pekkas, hcc, etc) now get a useful and at the same timebeautiful map.

Varaenion/Unity

Thread Information