Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who uses the old ancient model?

Default Who uses the old ancient model?

Just out of curiosity who uses the old ancient model in game?
    I do, and so does my mate.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Default Re: Who uses the old ancient model?

i use it also

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

*raises claw*
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Probably be easier to ask who doesn't. [:P]

I do.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I don't.

I'd rather see what everyone else sees.

Besides, now that they fixed the skeleton and ancients are slightly larger then adults I've gotten used to it.

Not sure how this reduced ancient size helps bipeds whining about dragon size (they were whining about ADULTS) but I've stopped worrying about it.

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

I don't because of the same reason as Goriax has voiced. What's the point if most of the people can't see me as I want to appear to be.

One thing though that I have to say about the newer models that I like - I don't know... maybe it's just me. Has anyone noticed that with the new ancient models your head looks much more mature than with the older model? That's what I prefer about the new model.

Maybe my head is screwed up over this sour issue if I'm the only one that sees that...

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

Freak

I use the old model

If by old - we mean the one in Guaran's patch - old

"Has anyone noticed that with the new ancient models your head looks much more mature than with the older model? " --Atolmyth

I noticed the way my neck was a lot more flabby! ;)

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

doublt post

i don't, for the aforementioned reason that no one else can see it unless they have it. it's not a real solution. the only thing i've put in that not everyone can see is the original cast animation... which i could've sworn we were told would actually be put back into the game, but it hasn't, right? is there an explanation for this, also? it's their original property, that shouldn't be an issue.. someone clue me in? i just like it so much better, i had to put it in, heh.

*ahem*

... but "getting used to it" is almost as much of a crime as the model getting changed in the first place. what a ******** shame.
    complacency is the death rattle of choice.

I also put in the original cast animation. I want to see what everyone else sees, but the standard cast animation is so incredibly stupid.

They did say they were going to patch it in as the standard. That was a few months ago and I seeit hasn't happened. It seems like it would have taken a tiny fraction of the effort they're putting into lairs or the AROP.

Old model, old cast animation [Y]
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Old model, Old cast animation. Same with my wife, and most in my guild. The ones that don't have it have asked for it, so this morning I put a link in our guild forum that points to the thread here. The majority of my guild are Bi-Peds, and my wife is a Dryad.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    Old model, Old cast animation. Same with my wife, and most in my guild. The ones that don't have it have asked for it, so this morning I put a link in our guild forum that points to the thread here. The majority of my guild are Bi-Peds, and my wife is a Dryad.
    I don't use it since I want Tulga to put back the old model, definitly.
    Otherwise, they will just say that we can do it yourself and don't do anything
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Sounds like a good number of people don't use it, but they want the old model back. I totally agree there ;)

I use it, it lookes great, and there's NO problems with it - the gamplay 'issues' are just horseshit from Tulga to hide the fact that biped whining lead to the nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    I don't use it since I want Tulga to put back the old model, definitly.
    Otherwise, they will just say that we can do it yourself and don't do anything
    Unfortunately that is what they have said anyway.

Anyone know how many Dragons are on The Focus Group?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Myself and my mate use it.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

There are a few of us in the Focus Group, but don't look to us for help in this matter. The Focus Group is pretty much just as ignored about these kinds of things as everyone else here.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Thread Information