Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rules of Conduct

Default The Rules of Conduct

Briefly mentioned in EULA Yet I cant find them anywhere. WHere might I get a gander at a copy of them?
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Default Re: The Rules of Conduct

https://horizons.istaria.com/horizon...sOfConduct.pdf

On the log in page. I know who you are talking about, and fully encourage everyone to put a ticket in and get this idiot banned once and for all.

I think they're talking about the forums... correct me if I'm wrong.
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]AA0 wrote: ... I know who you are talking about, and fully encourage everyone to put a ticket in and get this idiot banned once and for all.

Is this on Order?

Yes, it's on Order. Sadly there was an...incident last night.

I've been playing online games since they came into being. How many years is that ? I don't know, so many years, so many games...so many good people through the years. Fun, entertainment, laughter in the wee hours of the morning. Sure, there were the undesirables, the people you just knew you could live without. But the good always outweighed the bad, there was alway more fun to be had the next day. Until last night...

Never....ever in all my years of online play have I been witness to such a relentless, wholesale, vehement and vindictive display of griefing. At least 2 hours of absolute unbridled hatred. Over nothing....or at worst over a mistaken intrepretation of events.

Yes, I replied to verbal assaults with a counter-assault of my own. My words against the words and actions of a player in a community that he clearly detests. How can anyone claim to be a member of server community when he clearly holds all members of said community in such obvious disdain? I haven't the answer nor can I understand why this player has been allowed to remain in the community.

As I was also at fault for responding to the verbal assualts with a few threats and rather less than complimentary comments of my own I will not report this person. My wrongs do not offset his wrongs nor do his offset mine. I suppose he got away with yet another display of his totally anti-social and disrespectful attittude toward ANYONE but himself, including innocent bystanders.

As such, the fun no longer exists for me, the thrill is gone for the present. I won't be playing much for a while. I don't know how long...hours, days, weeks maybe never again. I cannot enjoy myself knowing this creature lurks in our midst, ready to ruin someone else's gaming experience for some preceived insult whether real, imagined, accidental or intentional, or maybe he just does it for meaness' sake. I don't know.

I have enjoyed my time in the game more than I have words for. I have met people on Order I won't soon forget...my guildmates Knossos, Blande, Spynki, Ghwerig, Sylidria, Sseric, Unlor, Garash. Ferah, Snewt and all the rest. My friends Yuusuke, Nefrett, Maiyr, Salishaz, Warsong, Kark, Carinde, Heather, so many names, so many good people I salute you all. YOU are makes this game what it is, not the content, the mobs, the events, the races and schools Its the people Ahura, Skald, Sephiranoth, Mystif, Awdz and her morning klava all of you.

I may come back to play in the future, I will keep my account open and might pop in from time to time to say howdy. Maybe a little time off will give me a new perspective.

I have one request though. I would ask the Order Server band together and try to get rid of the 'idiot' in question. I don't know if it's possible. Perhaps a stern warning from the powers that be would suffice. I can say this...he is the reason I won't be around as much for a while.
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Fiko

Makes me sadfaced to know that a good persons enjoyment of something special is destroyed by the actions of one individual. [:'(] Goodbye Kwinn! We see you when we see you, but hopefully soon! *grabs a passing Wild Grulet and blows her nose and wipes her tears on it, turning it into an Angry Grulet*

Fiko

I agree wholeheartedly with Kwinn. The situation with this person has stood for a long time, and has on several ocasions destroyed my own enjoyment of the game. He seems to enjoy forcing his own manner of play onto others, or else seems to enjoy having people grow to hate him. While my own experiences with this person have not been reportable, he remains the worst person I have ever interacted with in any game, ever. Several nights ago I went to bed with my teeth grinding and my heart pounding. I am not interested in starting a lynch mob, no mater the circumstance, but I would strongly urge everyone on the Order server to report problems they are having with this person immediatly. These distruptions have gone on long enough, and with too many people, which I am now more convinced of than ever after seeing the supporting outrage in the channels tonight.
    Lumineux Talar

Sorry to hear that Kwinn. Hopefully justice will be swift. Goodluck to you and don't stay away too long.
    Somewhere between the Sacred Silence and Sleep there is Order -System of a Down
    Let's have a war, clean out this place - A Perfect Circle

And the good folk of Istaria weep at the news of another victory for the Aegis [st][li]
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

That is very sad to have happen. Only thing I can say is don't let this person get the better of you, and ruin it. That's giving the person exactly what they want....I say just ignore (I know it's hard) and go on.

Still, these people need to really grow up..

/Ignore is your friend.

This is a game, nothing more, nothing less and to let your life get twisted over something someone does in a game means you are taking this far too seriously. I'd suggest you relax, calm down and put things into perspective.

Im sorry, I must be sick and twisted but find thisthread rather amusing.

*tosses Kwinn a [B]*

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Try that old sayin

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Putting someone on Ignore is only partially helpful. When someone--like the person in question--is pulling beasties on to you with the avowed intent to see you get killed, placing the person on Ignore isn't helpful at all. And this "player" is reknowned for doing that.

My first introduction to this person was in the New Player Assistance channel a couple of months ago. Now this channel is, of course, an OOC channel designed to answer questions of and give advice to brand new players of the game. Within literally just a minute of entering the channel, this person went off on one such brand new player for not roleplaying in this OOC channel--and it was a VERY nasty tirade, nasty enough that the new player left the channel. Fortunately, several of us were able to contact the new player through tells and convince him to stay in the game, at least for a while (I haven't seen him about recently), by letting him know that Rotten Player In Question was an aberration among an otherwise very good community.

Moreover, the person in question also thoroughly disrupted a semi-regular story night gathering on Order not only with terribly untoward comments--which obviously could be ignored--but by constantly throwing snowballs at the participants.

Like Kwinn, I've never met a more thoroughly despicable player in all my years of playing MMO's and I, too, would dearly love to see the guy perma-banned. I'll still be playing though, and hope that if the devs don't toss him, then perhaps our community will so ostracize him that he gives up the ghost and moves on to another MMO to plague.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

None of this is going to go away until we start posting names. I know the rules clearly state "no personal attacks" but this guy has subjected almost everyone on Order to personal attacks of his own and I think it's about time we let the people in charge know the name of this person. There's been more complaints made about him than anyone I've ever encountered on an MMO, EVER. Mostly in game, but he knows that no one's gonna report him. That's why he's still here. All of us(most of us anyway) know who this is without having to have names posted, the people in charge do not, and some of our unsuspecting players don't either. It's time to start BROADCASTING this guy over every channel and airwave in the game and on every forum, so that no one else has to be violated by his abusive, obscene, rude and obnoxious behavior. It's time to stop ignoring "him" and start drawing more attention to him. Can't turn a blind eye and then expect he's going to go away....
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Kwinn... listen Bud.

Take a couple days off. Then get back here
    and enjoy the Fall Festival.

We need that mug of yours around to scare
    the young children.

[B]

Got Cowbell?

Can someone PM me the name? I think I've had grief from this person.

In larger MMORPGs people can get away with things like this because there's such a large community, there's a surplus of "suckers" out there for them to prey on.

"Oh, my 5 year old stole the account. I'm sorry but, that wasn't me."

"It was my ex-girlfriend, she logged on, PWND you and then deleted my character."

"I'm sorry, the cat must've been playing with the keyboard."

"My brother and I share this account, he must've been the one that did that."

"I've been HAXORD."

And TG can neither confirm nor deny.

Our community is small enough that it is entirely possible for everyone to know about someone. For everyone to place them on ignore. For everyone to recall and hunt somewhere else, or shut down if followed and grieved.

Sticks and stones and such? No way. Name calling doesn't stop you from doing a job, but griefing can and does. Best to do like Kwinn did and log out, read a book you've been meaning to read for awhile. People like this need "ammunition" to have fun. If we don't give it to them, then they will not continue to play.

TG needed all kinds of stuff from me with my griefer and I hadn't kept all my logs. It takes more for TG to act than it does for us as a community. I don't know Kwinn too well, but I know my friend Knossos will vouch for him, and that's enough for me.

its Ruina that is a no brainer I have suspiscions towards two others but will refrain from naming them for now
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

I dont even play on order though.

mt

Ahh Ruina as his dragon self still logs in? THought maybe he'd dumped that one in favor of Neelah/Neerah/whatever saris.

He must be permanently hiding from me then *chuckles*

I figured, once Tant said they were disruptive of the bardic gathering - it could only be one of two players.

Both of which I reported for their behavior.

Ruina has been posted before on the Order Shard Forums - both A'sashas's thread when this person kicked her from our OWN channel (guild channel), and the last Bardic Gathering thread.

I know several from the BG reported him, as well as the other one responsible for the disruption.

When I asked Zideon point blank if anything was done, he responded that he couldn't tell me wether anything was officially done or not, but he did swear that they take these things very seriously.

So please, Kwinn, everyone else - if there is ANY player who is hararssing you, submit a ticket and the FULL LOGS of the occruance (I did it with the Bardic Gatherthering). That's the only way to really get these people out of the game.

So please, community effort is one thing, but there are always new players who don't know the alts, new players who dont know the history, heck entire guilds had no idea who this person was because they never visit the forums.

The only way to REALLY try and get them outof the game, is to get to official "harassment" with warnings and 7 day suspensions etc.etc.etc. And the only way to get that to happen is to submit tickets on EVERY INSTANCE of inappropriate behavior and harrassment. In public and Private. And back them up with the chat logs.

Yes, going through the logs may take time (not all of us are lucky enough to get to use the chat log reader/sorter), but its worth it.

Please, do this as you feel the need!! Every time!!

This player has been ostrizied by a good number of the shard, but there are always new players and old players who just dont read forums or know the people who are directly effected, that they can continue to prey on.

It wasn't until we posted about the Bardic Gatherthering that players came out of the woodwork with a history of problems iwth this person, proiblems that keir Chet had no real inkling about - and thus let this person be a a recruit in our guild for a short time. We still regret it.

But it wasn't until we spoke up, here that Kwinn you speak up in public, that anyone came to warn us of the past behavior. Too little too late.

But to get it to stop, obviously the person knows they are being inapprorpiate, they've recieved warnings and warnings and warnings - but they continue to play and go through guilds like wildfire.

The only way to get it to stop is to report and submit tickets enough to where Tulga makes life hard for them, and hopefully one day, bans them. Although really, unless they ban by ISP or something, all the person has to do is use another CC card for the subscription.

But yea, please spread the word otherwise - Keir Chet had no idea until it was too late what this person was REALLY capable of. There are people out there who dont know. And Until you spoke up right here, I wasn't sure who you were talking about exactly (had suspicions but wasn't sure).

And that goes for future harrassment - pass the word through the guilds once someone is an established "not good player". Because only a small portion read the forums :).

Well. Everyone needs that extra special type person in their lives.

1. GNAT. He bought all the newbie spells off the New Brommel consigner and sold them to the pawnbroker. Logged on shortly afterwards to see about 10 tabs flashing, a bunch of people wondering what *I* could do about him. Spoke with him at length and thought the issue was resolved.

2. Bardic Gathering. I don't know how many tells I had waiting for me when I logged in, some of the pop-up windows I had to simply close to be able see anything. This incident cost the shard some good people. I took no action as I wasn't present and had no logs on it.

It's entirely possible though that TG has logs of the trades that were made on that account on that day, if someone like Asteral happens to remember what day it was.

Thread Information