Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rules of Conduct

Default Re: The Rules of Conduct

Yeah, Ruina still logs in......sadly. As Ruina, Muina, and more recently, Neelah. I can neither confirm nor deny that Neenah is a Ruina alt, but if it is that has very scary implications, since I've seen them RP with each other......it would be interesting to see a person desperate enough to RP with itself.......*shakes head*
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Well once someone gave the name, it makes since and I don't even play on Order. I mean "Ruin- A". Come on "Ruina persons gaming experience" Glad I know now. plan on getting my character copied someday on order. And Jayne has no problem dealing with these annoyances ;)

Jayne

My only problem so far has been that while working as community moderator, I got hammered over what he was doing. One person being able to deal with it, does not make it cease to be a community issue. I'm particularly concerned when someone with as thick of skin as Kwinn takes exception.

Not everyone has logs of everything, but perhaps it wouldn't be out of line to start a shard petition via https://support.istaria.com Logs or not, there comes a point where the person is causing a big enough stink, it's going to take TG to finally handle it.

There's been enough statements by enough credible people to convince me it's an issue.

Not sure the people in charge would take that seriously, although I'd be onboard with that petition. I've got alot of built up disgust for Ruina. Once I figured out waht he was all about I had the presence of mind to put him and all of his alts on my 10 yr old son's ignore list on his dragon alt. Good thing too, her Muina alt decided to stand in front of him while he was in NT probably trying to speak to him, but thankfully he couldn't see any of it. I'd be one HOT you know what if my son was the target of ANY of this waste of precious natural resource's "advances" or "threats".

i remember long ago there was a /report and a /petition command you could do ingame.

god knows if it still works though... that was back when we had CSM's ingame every once an a while. I have a feeling they don't work anymore though...
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

Ok, I did my part. Submitted, today, a report/complaint/ticket/request for action...whatever you want to call it. I attached the appropriate log and sent in a further 5 tickets referenced to it each with a screenshot attached.

I dunno if screenshots will be viewable. I still haven't figured out how to put em in an email(other than as an attachment), or make a link of em.

Hehe And every time someone tries to explain it too me I get lost after about the 3rd acronym LOL I know hardware, some alphabet soup but, software type stuff is kinda like the Boogaloo it plumb evades me :)

Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

you know Jayne...I never really put it together with the name..*rofl* but now that you say it is..seems so obvious.

However, what's scary is this person is head up of a rather active looking anthro-RP forum (they gave me the website to check ou t...). And apparently that dragon name they took along time...but...perhaps just a freaky conicidence ;).

And Tokoz, I'm totally shocked anyone thought you could do anytyhing about any one player, esp. when you weren't around. If I was you and those people were sending me tells, I'd probably tell them that in not such a polite way *chuckles*, but without being insulting. "I"m another player, what the Hell do you think I can do about that?" :). And then just tellt hem to submit ticket and logs.

Good luck Kwinn - as far as I"m concerned if people who have problems with ANY players just keep submitting tickets, if they get enough history about one player, perhaps they will ban them outright.

Oh, I still have to explain to people that I don't work for TG. :p No worries.

I put in a ticket as well outlining basically what I said here.

Looks like Horizons isn't the ONLY place he can't behave himself....

[link]http://midnightdragon.deviantart.com/[/url]

Spamming, attacking people, stealing others art...to name a few offenses...

Repeat offender. BAN HIM!
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

:p :p :p Ruina is Soviet? Now I'm all confused...

HAHAHAHA <3 Plink! Not the same person..butthe same character flaws :P

Plus Sovirin isn't as good at lying as Ruina is *snickers*
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

*cough* guys..I think you just crossed a line there...

if I was you, I'd edit those last two posts, but..perhaps that's just me.

So far we've not been locked or deleted, I'd like to keep it that way.

Just some friendly advice, take it or throw it down the trashchute as you will :).

Normally Frith, I'd agree. But this is a very real community issue. I don't see it as a personal attack on anyone so much as, "Ok, we need a common place where we can air this dirty laundry and throw the skeletons out of the closet, because we aren't all on at the same time."

While my comment was part sarcastic, I don't think it's invalid to question the possibility of there being a connection. About all we have to go on with what alts there are for this person is patterns of behavior.

I suppose I could step through the eggshells and say something like, "Well, gee, we've seen something like this before from someone whose name I can't mention." Some would know, some would not.

Kwinn has a legitimate concern, and while the worst that I've taken over it was a few heated tells, that doesn't mean that my game play isn't going to be the next target.

I will say that the pressure placed on me when things like what Ruina did happened, played a part in my decision to step down as community moderator. I want to see the issue fixed. Not hidden.

I have to agree with Frith here--tossing about the names of other players with whom one or two might have had an issue in the past crosses the line. As does throwing about names--even sarcastically--which you speculate might be related to the player who is the subject of this thread.

Kwinn started this thread over the latest in a long series of problems many, many players on Order have had with Ruina in an effort to coordinate community efforts to either get him banned from the game or at least so isolated from the general community as to reduce his effectiveness at disrupting others' game play, not as a general airing out of "dirty laundry" as you suggest.

Let's keep this on-topic, shall we?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Ya know, in the last couple of days, I've met a couple people who play Hz, who are under 16. Not to mention, my own son, who is definatly under 16, plays this game. Plus a couple of other people's children, that I know of.

The only link posted in this thread, was one of Ruina getting banned from Deviant Art, for stealing people's art(not a surprise). No one has yet linked the "real" site, owned by Ruina, where we can see this man's personality in it's "true" form. I suspect that is because his site is DRAGON ********. The site was mentioned, but not linked. A person who owns a site containing DRAGON ********, who's been known to expose unwilling people in game to....dragon ********(virtual)...is that really a person we want around children under 18?? I don't think so....
    I almost wonder what MIGHT happen one day when Ruina decides to let the "scales fly", gets himself in a situation with a MINOR, who's parents find out. Hmmmm....I don't see that boding well for Tulga, and I certainly hope Ruina decides to pack it up and ship it out, and nothing like this EVEr happens, but I see it coming.

Horizons is clearly rated "T" for "TEEN", not "A" for "Adult".......or "S" for "S**ual Deviant".

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoz
    Normally Frith, I'd agree. But this is a very real community issue. I don't see it as a personal attack on anyone so much as, "Ok, we need a common place where we can air this dirty laundry and throw the skeletons out of the closet, because we aren't all on at the same time."

While my comment was part sarcastic, I don't think it's invalid to question the possibility of there being a connection. About all we have to go on with what alts there are for this person is patterns of behavior.

I suppose I could step through the eggshells and say something like, "Well, gee, we've seen something like this before from someone whose name I can't mention." Some would know, some would not.

Kwinn has a legitimate concern, and while the worst that I've taken over it was a few heated tells, that doesn't mean that my game play isn't going to be the next target.

I will say that the pressure placed on me when things like what Ruina did happened, played a part in my decision to step down as community moderator. I want to see the issue fixed. Not hidden.
    I was not speaking of your comments about RUina...

I was speaking of the snide comments about Soviet/Sovirin. (syarted by you, added to by Asteral, I wanted to try and cut it off at the pass...)

Soviet is NOT Ruina.

Which is why I posted what you did - airing out legitmate complaints bout a curent player who CONTINUES to be a problem, is one thing.

Making off handed snide - oneliner comments - about a player who ceased being an issue over a year ago - is much different.

Thanks for the suport Tant - and the only reasy I give a crap is that I don't want to see this thread moderated because its overall purpose has a point.

And it isn't to have people start posting one liners about various players they have old personal issues with.

Because I could start that too, even about players that otherwise have "steller" reputations on this shard, but this is not the place nor time - it is not approrpiate.

Let's just keep it on topic please, if you want to start one about someone else - go ahead. And remember to list it all as we've done here, and not make snice off handed comments that serve no purpose, other than to make us look vindictive.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'll add in my point of view on this.

During outpost construction, we had several runner/placer teams working on the outpost while having several guarding high-level adventuring teams making sure the crafters didn't end up eating dirt. On one set of the times when I was doing running, Ruina volunteered to help with the guarding. This in and of itself would not have been a problem. However, when the attacks came and everyone was shouting in groups and in public speaking and in private tells across the board to not go near the outpost and to hold off as far away as possible, this dragon would lure them INTO the outpost and through the defending lines. On more than one instance, I told Ruina directly to NOT stand in the outpost or in the construction area to do battle. People were there to protect the crafters, not to have another fun day of Aegis slaughtering.

Needless to say I had a few dps from the whole incident.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    I'll add in my point of view on this.

During outpost construction, we had several runner/placer teams working on the outpost while having several guarding high-level adventuring teams making sure the crafters didn't end up eating dirt. On one set of the times when I was doing running, Ruina volunteered to help with the guarding. This in and of itself would not have been a problem. However, when the attacks came and everyone was shouting in groups and in public speaking and in private tells across the board to not go near the outpost and to hold off as far away as possible, this dragon would lure them INTO the outpost and through the defending lines. On more than one instance, I told Ruina directly to NOT stand in the outpost or in the construction area to do battle. People were there to protect the crafters, not to have another fun day of Aegis slaughtering.

Needless to say I had a few dps from the whole incident.
    Yup, yup--I got the T-shirt commemorating Ruina's determination to kill off the crafters of the outpost (despite numerous tells from me nearly begging him not to draw the WA up onto the plateau). I started wearing my mithril plate to craft and haul in, even though I could carry only half the construction items I could in my cargo gear, just so I could survive the trip to install them at the Outpost.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

And are reports of this still being filed?

I know that when I put in my ticket on it, I was told it was being added to previous tickets. I'm a little concerned as well that this might have crossed shard lines. I hear rumors from Chaos that sound very familiar. Given the much higher population, there's a good chance it's a different "bad apple" but how we handle this here and now will do a lot to effect the future, I'm sure.

If that's true, Tokoz, and your ticket was added to previous tickets, that proves a suspicion I had about the whole Ruina thing.

Think back to the last Bardic Gathering. When all that behavior went down, there was a post created(I think here I'd have to look), a post in which Callie and also Swythe defended themselves by stating that they're chosen RP style for their Dragon alts was Chaotic Black. Ruina, while not claiming Chaotic Black, claimed(in game) that he didn't fall into our Dragon lore guidelines and was free to do as he chose. I suspected then, and do even more now, that if he'd even been contacted reguarding those tickets, he'd claim Chaotic Black. But, you have to look at this from Tulga's standpoint right now.

Subscriptions are....thin. Ruina is a subscription. He'd have to do something above and beyond all that has been reported, to be suspended, or even banned. By that I mean, he'd have to violate something that made the people in charge a bit squeemish about allowing him to continue playing. Pulling mobs onto a player, *griefing*, or interferring with an RP event, can be explained away as an RP style. Especially since it comes and goes and doesn't happen every single time he logs in. At least not from what I hear. He'd have to be very graphic, to be banned. And I think he's fixed that issue by either importing a player from his own site to RP with, or RPing with himself(disturbing). IF they have tickets for miles built up on him and nothing has been done yet, then we'll have to wait for the more graphic issues to be reported, and from what I understand, no one has done that. I didn't either. And should have, but hind sight is 20/20....

Thread Information