Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Rules of Conduct

Default Re: The Rules of Conduct

I'm sure with his past experience with other MMORPGs that DB understands the simple concept that one player can cost you multiple subscriptions if left unchecked. I think what you're saying is in the progression, but having kids that play (9, 13, and 14) I have no desire to wait until this person makes that large of a mistake.

I'd like to see if it's possible to get some devs to talk to the community directly about this issue.

Amen to that! I have not allowed my son(he's 10) to log in since the day Muina was standing in front of him. I realize that Ruina is on ignore, but it's really a bigger issue. Ignore only goes so far. I've heard horror stories that make my experience with Ruina look like I had a run-in with Rainbow Bright. And if DB does realize the very serious issue that this is, I hope someone comments on it, sooner rather than later. Before Ruina gets a few parents on Tulga's tail.....it's coming, I see it.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

well, I haven't seen him log in for a couple days now, maybe we are lucky.

I've noticed a pattern to his log ins. He gets things stirred up a bit, and then lays low for about a week. Then logs in and doesn't really do anything or speak to anyone for a couple days. The logs in and gets somemore people in an uproar. Rinse, repeat. I always hope for the day he logs out for good.

I have one guildmate who has him and his alts on ignore due to his constantly trying to "cyber" her even after being told to buzz off.

Also I was informed late last week by a new player, that Neenah/Neelah was going around attempting to recruit newbies into his guild by telling them that his guild ALREADY OWNED 2 dragon lairs. Nice trick that.

I have seen him publicly and rather nastily trash his former guild in MarketPlace, group and local channels. I have had him rip my head off one minute, cursing me out, etc (no I don't think I still ahev the logs) then 10 minutes later start hitting on me.

Add my name to the banning petition.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Just the fact that this guy even still plays at all scares me to no end. Recruiting new players.....Oh boy. He doesn't know the real ages of some of the people in this game, and that's VERY frightening. The internet is a sick, sick place, which is why my boys are strictly watched and controled when accessing it. But not alot of parents are that over protective, some are down right ignorant when it comes to who's actually on the other side of a computer screen. This guy has flashing neon signs over his head that scream titles I can't say here. But, in light of the new information, and old information, my son's dragon is on hiatus, indefinatly, until something is done about Ruina.

oh, about he buildup of tickets..

I do agree that "banning" "should be" due to serveity but also sheer NUMBER of complaints.

If you have tickets from roughly say 1/3 of the population of an entire shard complainign about a SINGLE account, then to me its time to take permanent action (such as you can, again all he'd have to do is change CC and resub).

But again, if it was just being mean in RP, or interrupting RP events, or badmouhthing his former guilds - that's one thing.

But no, there are repeated incidents *I*"hear" behind the scenes of unwanted cybering advances, outright sexual comments, and other inappropriate behaviors - I tell those people to log and report. Because that's all they can do..

Towards me, they never did, other htan their first introduction to me as a hatchling where it described itself as a hermaphrodite and clearly made statements indicating I was suppose to find its backside very sensual and attractive....

So I had none of that to report. I only had the bardic gathering to report as that was the only incident I was directly involved in. A guildmate reported him for banning them from our OOC channel. Since then we as a whole, having nothing to do with Ruina Neelah/Neerah/Muina/whateverlats we know about... on purpose.

(incidently, Callie didn't really defend herself, Ruina, or Swythe's behavior at the Gatherhing, and she also stopped when asked. She wasn't the problem.)

But I would encourage anyone who hears about the cyber/inappropriate comment/advances etc. to please encourage the offended to log the chat and file the ticket.

That's really all we can do - that and spread the word when said person is mentioned in our precense, about staying as far away from them as possible and then providing details (in private I would advise but that's just me) to those who want to know the exact history.

Well, I put Callie into the equation because Swythe's post had excused their actions by claiming Chaotic Black. I know that both Swythe and Callie were not really a part of the larger problem that night.

I have been trying to warn as many people as I can about Ruina/Neelah/Neenah/Muina. Also.....a while back I had a run in(although mild) with a small dryad named Linkah. While friendly, I almost considered them overly friendly. After about a week, I did not see Linkah again. And she has not logged in for sometime. A light went on in my head, and made me wonder if this was yet another Ruina alt, that would make 5 if indeed Neenah is also Ruina's alt. So, I won't necessarily add the name Linkah to the ruina-alt list.

My entire guild knows that any interaction with Ruina should be avoided at all costs.

Callie was actually very apologetic regarding what happened, as well as very embarrassed. Last I heard she now plays only on Chaos to specifically avoid Ruina. I have little to no doubt that she has quite a bit of information to add if she can be contacted.

Swythe was very much a part of the problem that night.. On his own, seperate from Ruina, he would have done what he did anyway...

Callie was not.. though she never apologized to me or Allon about what happened. I never really considered her the problem. She stopped when the event started, she stopped when asked :).

But I am very sad to hear she plays on Chaos to avoid Ruina - if you ever speak to her Tokoz tell her we want her back, and to put Ruina and all of them on ignore (or better yet just stay hidden from them as well as put them on ignore).

Cuz Callie rocks :).

But no, It wasn't just Ruina that night, Swythe was just as much part of the problem, if not the instigator with the plan as he was always about the snowballs.

It only took a few private requests and the OOC responses I got back to know it wasn't just Ruina.

Now before that and since then, yes, Ruina is a bigger problem :).

it only took one "run in" with ruina for me to put him on ignore. from one (mild when compared to some things i've heard about) incident i knew this was not a person i would want to interact with.. especially when the next day in dragon he was bragging about getting PL'd to adult in 24 hours.. and was level 70 in a week. by the end of the second week he was 100. the only reason i heard it was because i wasn't there as dorrin. again.. ruina was put on ignore in short order, and i made sure to put him on ignore on my other alts as well after that.

ignore AND hidden is the best way to truly avoid someone.

i put in a ticket of support long ago when the bardic gathering happened and was sad to see him on again a week or so after that, realising tulga didn't bad him. .. but not having any logs means i have nothing solid to submit.

has anyone introduced ruina to malendryn? ...

Swythe Quirksettle

Leave me out of this. I already left the game.
    I got life to live, I'll post more later.

Well I for one would like to lend my support also. Im behind yall all the way. I just need to know what it was we were talkin about. But no worries ... i know well win this one.

"Why dont you just givem the Queen!" - ages 8 - 14 international chess championship

Swythe Quirksettle

Ok, now that I have a chance. Let me promise that 'more'.

You make me sick Frith. You are still dwelling on what happened at the gathering almost TWO MONTHs ago. Get it out of your head, and in the past, because I'm not crashing anouther one (at least in Horizons).
    Now here's my side of the story.
    There is one thing that I didn't bother to mention. Caillie, Ruina and I were, during that whole time, voice chatting. We organized this crash that evening, including that line I said, and if the plan went right, a new guild would've been born that night (The Keepers of the Frozen Orb). Frith's harrasment of Ruina in tells made it worse. If she would have shut up, we would have gradually settled down. Or at least I would have.
    The thing is, Ruina told me over voice exactly what you were saying Frith. You really riled up all of us. So we made it publicly known by macroing snowballs at you (YES, it was a MACRO).
    Theres a lot more I can say about this, but I'm stopping the argument here in hopes that this doesn't become a personal attack on anyone.
    Move on people... move on...

The problem is, Swythe, Ruina has become even worse to the point of just about everyone on the whole shard wanting him/her/it banned.

The fact that you were "in" on this person's crappy behavior doesn't leave a very good impression of your choice in people you associate with. The fact that you seem to be defending the disruptive actions just reinforces that impression.

I wasn't there at the event, but if I had, you'd also have been named in a harassment report over it.

Hope you find someplace where your brand of "humour" fits in better. Oh, and please feel free to take Ruina with you. [:)]

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

The only reason I don't have Ruina and alts on ignore is so I can correct any of the b.s. she tries pawning off on the newbies.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

Actually Swythe, I am the one that put your name in this argument, but only to make a point. Frith didn't start any subject involving you. And the reason I did it was because there was a post, where you claimed Chaotic Black, and that was the only reason. Not a personal attack of any kind. So, apologies for starting anything that dragged you in, was an example, only.

I have Ruina on hidden, all his alts on hidden. My son's Dragon has them on hidden and ignore.(I consider hidden as a form of ignore so didn't feel like breaking it down further.) But like Imayo, I don't have them on ignore, for one reason. If anything is said that is report or ban worthy, I can send the log in.

Swythe Quirksettle

So saying that I associated with Caillie makes me bad too?
    Never judge a book by its cover, Pharcellus.
    I'm defending my actions. Not the actions of someone else, I know what I did, and I know why I did it. You people need to comprehend the factors that drove me to do it, then again, you seem you can only comprehend black and white.

Factors
    At the time, Ruina and I were freinds (thanks to Caillie inviting him into voice chat)
    We agreed to have the event staged as a performance where we made a lot of rukus and announced the forming of the guild (that fell through because I knew I would leave in two months),
    While we were winding down, someone sparked a series of tells between Frith and Ruina (who was my freind) that were rather harrasing,
    So I defended my freind, there was no PVP, Frith would have been dead on the spot if there was, so we attacked with snowballs to "chill her out"
    Frith then harrassed me in tells, thinking she was better by insulting me.
    So I defended myself, I don't like Frith, and I have my reasons(like invasion of my privacy!). I left bits of info out, got her riled up.
    We all are held accountable for our own actions,
    I lead the crashing, if it wasn't for ME, this event would have never took place, I stand where I am, and I'm not claiming innocence. I won't apoligize either, I would do it all again if it would show how easy it is to turn you people into hippocrates (stop judging each other's role-playing style).

Swythe Quirksettle

I also forgot to mention this truth (now that I recall it somewhat)
    I was on voice chat with Caillie and Ruina, at the time I was stating my mind with them both, Caillie who at the time I had close feelings for, and Ruina who was just a freind.
    WITHOUT my permission, Ruina did 'relay' my disgust with some of the players at the meeting. Something I would be a bit more modest about publically (Voice chat was not public knowledge).

I didn't care to stop Ruina... Everyone is responsible for his own.

As Pharcellus said, but allow me to re-iterate:

This problem is alot bigger than one public disruption. I heard many complaints on the "snowball" fight, but did not act on them. Why? Because while it was disruptive, while it was counter-productive to what I was attempting for the community on Order, it did not endanger the safety of my children.

The matter with Ruina now is totally different. It (pardon the pun) snowballed to gigantic proportions quickly. It started with purchasing newbie spells and pawning them. It moved on to the disruption of the Bardic Gathering. It has grown to the point where I see a real issue to having my kids play and they won't be playing at all until I see this resolved.

I do watch while my kids play, but ONE wrong thing on Ruina's part towards my kids is TWO times too many.

Thread Information