Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cirumsus weekly report

Default The cirumsus weekly report

Checking in!

/waves hi

Glad to see that the Battlemages have found a new home.

For those of you new to this area, I usually post weekly updates on what I have been doing to stay in touch with others.

This past week I have been travelling and have not played. I am back and expect to get a lot accomplished this weekend.

I'm working Mage, Enchanter and Mason to help with our plots.

Say hi in game...I'm on Order
    Battlemage...100--------Spellcrafter.....68
    Healer...........100---------Enchanter......42
    Mage.............100---------Mason.............25
    Warrior.............56---------Scholar...........10

Default Re: checking in

Glad to see you back Cir!!! I hope you had a good week off :)

Battlemages must stick together!!!

Trevegan
    100 Battlemage/51 Mage/72 Spellcrafter/40 Mason/36 Enchanter
    Trevegan
    Templars of Dawn (Order)
    100 Battlemage/65 Mage/72 Spellcrafter/44 Mason

Hey all :)

I'm currently working up healer.. and would like to kill some of those tier6 undead :)
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Week 10/25

Got my Mage up to level 83 now but it came at a price. Many dp's! I also got my enchanter up to 42 by working the Glowies! I was able to make my first full batches of purified orb so that really healed the levelling process.

Hunted with Frons a bit and we ended up crashing the server the other day because he pulled about 50 mighty lava meatblights....Good times!

Missing my battlemage and I may have to switch to him for a bit and go meet the new stronger WA.

Well downloading the patch now...see ya in game!

Week 11/1

Mage is now up to 92 and growing. I was able to use a lot of my level 85-90 hunting trophies to get me here. Boy! I can't imagine how I gained all these levels as Battlemage with only cursed wolves to hunt...

I've been spending a lot of time on the ice island because of the level 100 emerald golems. Easy to port to, and these golems do not hit as hard as the mithril or marble.

My goal is 96 by Sunday night 11/7/04 and level 100 by 11/15. After that I'm not sure what I am going to switch to. I should go to warrior or chaos warrior or some other melee class. I tried it a little bit but got very frustrated with it. I think I am going to try spiritist or druud for a while since it is mostly a casting class.

UPDATE:

Hit 96 Friday night with the help of Trevegan and his mighty guild. Best time in a long time bombing the evil Fyakii back to where they came! Gonna move up my push to 100 to 11/9

Congrats Cirumsus on 100 Mage!!!! I was glad that I could be there to witness it!

Keep up the good work. The WA will learn to fear your name!

Trevegan
    Trevegan
    Templars of Dawn (Order)

Updated week of 11/8

Thanks again Trev for showing up for my Triple Threat to the WA.

It was a long hard push this past weekend and most of it I did solo except for Sators God doing Emerald runs with me and crazy Zodias on the bug hunting. It cost me over 20 death points for wreckless attacks, but well worth it. I need to get some crafting in before I head back to the battlefields.

It's off to the Warrior class for now. The steel feels cold and unweildly in my hands. Very foreign, and I keep holding the wrong end... I held a one handed sword as a battlemage but rarely if every used it. Now my life depends on upon the swinging of the mighty blades.

I started the night off as a level 20 Warrior (left over from my Battlemage requirements) and worked him up to 31. I ran around Istaria looking for foes I could handle on my own. I tried a level 45 Mountain wolf and received a total of 220 exp points. Then I went after a level 68 Golem, and I nearly died, it took all my strength to stay alive, but did get 2000 exp. My rating at 31 is about 95, so I will need to find some good level 55-60 golems to attack.

I have very weak armor at this point (left over silk) and can not hit with my sword due to all the death penalties. Also, I had to delete all my T1-T3 spells from my spellbook to make room, so I have very limited spell attacks. The ones that I do have come to me from abilities carried over from Mage and Battlemage such as engulf and coordinated strike X etc..

If I were to do this over, I think I would go warrior first, then mage, then Battlemage.

Come out and Join me at the beetles mate, Will shed thouse warrior levels in hours :)
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Hey Cir, its good to see you choose warrior instead of druid or spiritist. I normally tell mage types to stay away from that line becausethey do not mix..

Warrior is a pain and I agree- I think I would have went that route first too ;P If you need a hunting partner look me up.. I am back to Battle Mage and I am loving it... its so good to be back heheh...

Healer was starting to become a nuissence with the lack of damage output...
    Lvlving Warrior wil definetly help your skills out..
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Update Week of 11/15

The cirumsus blog continues..
    Worked the warrior up to 44 over the past week, most of that was during the weekend. I couldn't get motivated to log on this weekend. I think I'm hitting a wall. It's been rough since a lot of folks are leaving Istaria for other worlds, but the good news is we were joined by the Independence Guild from my old OSF days.

So far I am still attacking with my flame bolt repeater, I still have cargo gear on, and my sword when it does hit, does little damage compared to my spells.

I did get negate attack which I found to be very useful when timed correctly with those first big hitsthat get thrown down.

Hopefully by not playing over the weekend, my death points should have gone from a high of 20 down to 0.

Been spending my time with Tain and the few others that do hunt in our guild. I'll keep my eye out for ya Frons, you killing machine. Now that I have the bonuses from the armor the mage class brings, I need to get my armor for my battlemage upgraded to some very nice mithril. I want to see if I can withstand the huge mob pulls that can be done. I think what I need is an epic spell, but would need to go Druid to get it.

see ya all online.

Cir

I too have been traveling between two lands.. I would love to hunt by your side again in Istaria. Hopefully soon we will both be on at the same time.

I have some old LVL 41/51/61 armor in vault if you need to use. they are teched for a Battlemage.. In fact most are your old sets *grins* Let me know if you need/want them and I will dust them off for you.

I have been slowly leveling up mage.. I seem to get many more deathpoints due to pulling aggro with spells. In time I will reach 100 though [:D]

I hope to see you in Istaria soon!! *bows and waves*

Trevegan
    Templars of Dawn (Order)
    Trevegan
    Templars of Dawn (Order)

Weekly cirumsus blog update of 11/21

Worked Warrior up to level 53. With the help of Trevegan he returned my old battlemage armor of my youth (which came from Aouvek to me and then him*grins*)for my level 51 advancement. Worked with Frons and several others and attacked Fyakki....Such an enjoyable moment to pull 10 at a time and have a group able to withstand the time it takes to get past the hardened fyakki shells.

With the holiday approaching I will be out for a while as I travel homeward. But I will return to the battlefield to continue my quest of battlemage--

Great Job Cir!! You are an inspiration to us fellow battlemages :) Hopefully I again can fight by your side sometime.

Trevegan
    Templars of Dawn (Order)
    Trevegan
    Templars of Dawn (Order)

Just recently went back to playing battlemage again , god i have missed it,..
    With another guildmate we cleaned house on one of the satyr islands,
    I can cause so much pain its quite sick ;)
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

hehe now they are learning :)
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Weekly Update 12/6/04

Well the turkey day holiday is over.I've advanced up to level 56, just 3 levels in two weeks.

I have not made much progress over the last 2 weeks for 3 main reasons. First, my computer hard locks about every 10 mins in HZ. I need to do a complete re-install but haven't been up for it due to reasons 2 and 3. Second, the holiday brought about travels. Lastly, many people are leaving for other worlds. I myself have dabbled in a few of them, mainly because HZ is my first ever online game and I wanted a comparrison. So far I have found that the other worlds have many people, much more content and original ideas, beautiful graphics and no crashing. However, nothing beats the player base in Horizons. In those other worlds you feel like you are playing with a bunch of teeny bobbers, and since I'm an old fart, I enjoy the maturity of our world. Face it, you have to have a lot of faith and patience to put up with this game...

So for now, I'll hang on the sidelines, might take a break until some new content comes out, and work on getting my comp fixed up rightly.

Cir

I have to agree with you on that one mate... HZ is home :P
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Weekly Update 12/6/04

No level advancement since last week. I couldn't keep a stable connection to HZ, so I decided to just break down and build myself a whole new computer, a Holiday present to myself. I've been receiving all the parts in over the week and will begin to build my franken monster this weekend. I haven't built a rig in 3 years, so I've got some reading up to do about SATA raid, PCI express and other tech changes.

The weird thing is I'm not getting the big withdraw feeling that I thought I would get from not playing. I guess this came at the right time.

cir

ah good to hear from ya Cir... I just mastered warrior and druid the other day putting me over 10 + centuries... <grin> I plan to take up sorceror as my final adv class...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

I just mastered Ice disciple the other day, and now working on warrior , fianlly....
    After that im going back to playing battlemage for a while, which i hope is going
    to be totally evil, hehe
    Might just add lvl 60 druid in the mix for that awfully nice forest mist abillity which
    puts me at aneat 1300ish evasion ^^

I must say, i like warriortho, i have the multistrike IV from iced, and am
    now causing massive pain to mobs even with a meager lvl 55 steel maul , hehe
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

Thread Information