Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Event Techs? What resources?

Default Re: Dragon Event Techs? What resources?

Primal Vengeance
    Vital Defiance
    Eminence
    Primal Flash

I have them all on Order.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    Reintroducing things such as these techs devalues what players have already earned. So I don't believe we are planning on bringing them back anytime soon.

The Breath quests are being adjusted so that the splinters will drop from the mobs the quest talks about (Western Deadlands skeletons) when you have the quest(s).

- Amon
    Problem with the breath quest is that the orgin mobs are gone. The new mobs in WD are not the one the quest talks about. All mobs there had been replaced after merge and area changed from t2/3 mobs to t4.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

I'm on Order and I have all the techs except Vital Defiance. Not planning on going anywhere, so give Skald a tell if you want scales. :)

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

imported_Kepesk

Reintroducing things such as these techs devalues what players have already earned. So I don't believe we are planning on bringing them back anytime soon.
    I actually like this idea a lot. I like the idea of giving players nice things and then making them unavailable later, as a sort of reward for having played the game for a long time. There's only one problem with that.. as far as I can tell, it has only been done that one time.
    When that event came out, I was around, but I was just a little too young to participate. Since then, I have stuck faithfully with Horizons through its troubled times (of which there have been many), and I joined the game only a few months after its release, but as far as I can tell, I don't have anything to show for it that can't currently be obtained except for a couple of fall festival masks, which (I imagine) will soon be re-released, and which add nothing to my capabilities in-game.
    My point, I suppose, is a suggestion. Releasing things for a short time and then never again is just fine. It's a great reward for those willing to stick with the game, I love the concept. But if you're going to do it, don't do it just once, please?

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

I was on a hiatus during the event so I never got to get my paws on them. I agree on the note of 'there's hardly anyone left on the servers that can make items with them'. They need to be reintroduced at some point or risk losing them forever.

BTW, who on Unity has Eminence, Primal Vengeance and Primal Flash? Send me a tell in-game if one of you guys do indeed have them 'cause there's some things I be needin'.

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

some of us have been around (nearly) since day 1 and don't have these and missed out. a few dragons were helping me get them, but they never did manage to get vengeance (which, lucky me, is the most sought after). had i known the event wasn't going to last i'd have gone out there myself, though i may have been too low in adv at that point to do so, i can't remember for sure what level i was at the time. how was i to know it would only last a week when MANY previous events went LONG after a week... like the blighted resource quest or the wounded expedition quests. now i hear they even removed the thing early because of some exploit? yikes. i never had a chance, nor did many. talk about unfair.
    anyone who's stuck through horizons that long deserves them, IMO.

*chuckles*
    HEY! Sounds like the "Innovations" From Trials of Ascenion's idea - the idea that they will introduce "innovations" into the world a few at a time, to be discovered by a player. Once that player has an innovation they can choose to kepe it to themselves *(being the only person who can do that/make that)*, or share/teach it to others (thereby taking on a type of mentor role). Either way, once the people with the knolwedge of that "innovation" permadied, it would be gone - totally. If they kept it to themselves, the community loses...

Course..dragons can't teach it to each other if they wanted to. So, having "one time event only" things in game is one thing, but "one time only in almost two years" kinda...doesn't give the new players anything that is competitive to what the old players got.

And old players eventually leave. And we aren't setup to "pass on" the unique knowledge (which TOA has builtin to that system, or at least plans to).

So, sorry but, I have to agree - either make them dropable again at a annual basis (not the same event, or the same time every year or anything, but as a random/part reward for some other event) - or start putting in comparable "unique" and similiarly helpful items on a regular basis.

To replace the numbers lost...

Kumu already seems to be on the outs, Malt isn't *yet* :), not sure who the third dragon is on order who knows how to do it - but...if they actually ever leave. Then the ability to make such things will be gone forever.

And we've got nothing comparable to replace it with.

This just doesn't seem very well thought out.

If this was part of a system, the system needs to be put back in...

Quote Originally Posted by Kepesk
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Amon Gwareth wrote: Reintroducing things such as these techs devalues what players have already earned.  So I don't believe we are planning on bringing them back anytime soon.

I actually like this idea a lot. I like the idea of giving players nice things and then making them unavailable later, as a sort of reward for having played the game for a long time. There's only one problem with that.. as far as I can tell, it has only been done that one time.
    When that event came out, I was around, but I was just a little too young to participate. Since then, I have stuck faithfully with Horizons through its troubled times (of which there have been many), and I joined the game only a few months after its release, but as far as I can tell, I don't have anything to show for it that can't currently be obtained except for a couple of fall festival masks, which (I imagine) will soon be re-released, and which add nothing to my capabilities in-game.
    My point, I suppose, is a suggestion. Releasing things for a short time and then never again is just fine. It's a great reward for those willing to stick with the game, I love the concept. But if you're going to do it, don't do it just once, please?

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon
    I like the idea as well. And that was not the only time this was done. That event yielded dragon techs and regal weapons.

Dryad freeing event yielded the Boars Mask, Scabriea's Heart Staff, Swarm Tyrant Shield, Moss-covered Club, and the Spirit Webbing technique.

Nazerdon event resulted in Brienare's Engagement Ring.

Last halloween had the new underwear and masks (probably be back sincehaloween is annualholiday), andwinter festival had foods and fireworks forms.

There's no reason to bring back the old stuff. That just de-values what existing players have.

They should add NEW things of value. This has already started with Rare weapons and Demon weapons. They are on the right track. I even posted a demonclaw suggestion in the suggestions forum. No Dev feedback or thoughts as of yet.

Primal Vengeance uses energy splinters. should be unchanged

Vital Defiance uses Flame Beetle Carapieces. should be unchanged as well.

Eminence uses IceBone Splinters.

Primal Flash uses Flame Bone Splinters.

Those are the 2 that Amon will have to switch to a new resource.

This will actually be niceif the banners charges is changed to something more common. As it is thebuff isnot worth carrying 150 or 300 bulk around, and then using expensive charges on top of that. They have become novelties and lost thier intended usefulness.

Change the ingredients and lower the bulk of the silly things please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua

I tested this tech when it was first introduced and was able to KILL those quest mobs (2-3K health) using Grazing winds and Unrelenting winds with the tech (They used to do nominal damage. Like 15 per hit.) Not once did it work. I have tested multiple times since then. Never has worked. I get plenty of messages of the proc, but no effect. Never have.

The effect is the same as the rift attack of a vexator albeit at a lower penalty and much shorter duration, but as I said. Not NEARLY as effective as said vexator attack.
    Aren't the range of those spell lesser than the range of those crossbowman, even with the minuscule range decrease? If so, that only mean the crossbowman is still in range.

Mobs got higher stats already. Maybe they got even greater range than normal weapon
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

The Breath quests are being adjusted so that the splinters will drop from the mobs the quest talks about (Western Deadlands skeletons) when you have the quest(s).

- Amon
    I would like to say that some players that night did not earn those techs I was there in a group there was a certian dragon that said give me the dragon bones ill go turn these in and share the reward......well it turns out i did not see one tech after he ran off with them.[:@][:@][:@]

Scar

I can totally understand the earning thing for older players and such. but at 8:30 am eastern US, i can only think of about 4 people on Chaos who have all (i think) of these techs. Give the game another year and they will be extinct and i can sell my scales for a few gold cause people would crawl all over them. well maybe not a gold, and the guy who made them would cut off my head, but close.

P.S. Maker of my scales (u posted here once, READ IT AGAIN!) Tell me if your gonna quit, so i can milk you, erm i mean, get you to make me a ton of VVE/VVV/EEV chest scales[6]

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    *chuckles*
    HEY! Sounds like the "Innovations" From Trials of Ascenion's idea - the idea that they will introduce "innovations" into the world a few at a time, to be discovered by a player. Once that player has an innovation they can choose to kepe it to themselves *(being the only person who can do that/make that)*, or share/teach it to others (thereby taking on a type of mentor role). Either way, once the people with the knolwedge of that "innovation" permadied, it would be gone - totally. If they kept it to themselves, the community loses...

Course..dragons can't teach it to each other if they wanted to. So, having "one time event only" things in game is one thing, but "one time only in almost two years" kinda...doesn't give the new players anything that is competitive to what the old players got.

And old players eventually leave. And we aren't setup to "pass on" the unique knowledge (which TOA has builtin to that system, or at least plans to).

So, sorry but, I have to agree - either make them dropable again at a annual basis (not the same event, or the same time every year or anything, but as a random/part reward for some other event) - or start putting in comparable "unique" and similiarly helpful items on a regular basis.

To replace the numbers lost...

Kumu already seems to be on the outs, Malt isn't *yet* [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img], not sure who the third dragon is on order who knows how to do it - but...if they actually ever leave. Then the ability to make such things will be gone forever.

And we've got nothing comparable to replace it with.

This just doesn't seem very well thought out.

If this was part of a system, the system needs to be put back in...
    The third Dragon is Skald. He's still around, but rarely.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

So from reading this it appears Order has three dragons on the entire serverwho can make these scales: Kumu, Maltavorn, and Skald. (Didn't see a similar list for Chaos so I"m using Order).

It might be interesting to log on several times at various times of day and see if any of these guys is ever online. If after many logons over aseveral weeks none of these dragons is ever online, then I think the dragons on Order ought to begetting worried. Especially those who don't have their scale yet.

Likewise, if the only times they're online they're in the middle of something and don't want to drop everything to make a scale for someone they don't even know, from the standpoint of the people needing the scale that's comparable to not being online since it's notgetting made. It's NOT the fault of the person with the tech-- they can't be expected to drop everything anytime someone wants to make a scale -- but if the scales aren't being made there's a problem.

In an ongoing game players come and players go. The game should be designed so that someone who started playing two years after release evenually has the same opportunities as someone who played since release day. As other people have said it's ok if these techs aren't continually available; however, they or comparable techs SHOULD be made available in sporadic events which should still happen on an ongoing basis.

There is one other possibility I can think offor this policy of not reintroducing the techs. They've concluded that they're too powerful and, instead of nerfing them outright they've decided to just not make them available and let normal attrition eventually remove them from the game. If that's the case I for one would appreciate it if they just came out and said so. At least then we'd know where we stand.

I DO think it would be a good idea that, if any of these few dragons can be cornered next to a scaleforge, they should be presented with a mouintain of materials and told to make a comparable mountain of scales. That mountain can then be divvied up among several dragons who will dole out the scales to newcomers once they reach some level. Perhaps it could be donewhen they're able to wear a tier V scale -- it could be turned into sort of a pre-AROP coming of age ceremony.

I only know of two people on Chaos who have Primal Vengeance - Guaran, and Akuluxtraxas (sp?). I'm not sure about the other techs, but I think Guaran has most (all?) of them.

~Mirsathia

Kumu is online quite a bit when his computer isn't dead. He might be playing his clone Cryst at times.

Skald is on sporadically, but is more likely to be on his biped Samael (which I think is his main).

I'm on sporadically as Malta, mainly because he's done for the moment. I am usually on several times a week on my furball, Tsilaros, building on guild plots. I take orders while in this form, collect the comps, store them in the GH for when I log Malta on, make the scales, deliver them or put them back in the GH for when the customer approaches me again while playing Tsil..

There are others who have the techs, but their collections are not complete. Many don't play anymore.

Personally, I think it would be cool if the art of making those scales became a lost knowledge for a while, and other newer techs came out in the meantime. Then, maybe someday after they are long gone and lamented, they will make a surprise reappearance for a couple days. That would do two things: make a believeable story about knowledge and how it becomes lost, and make the existing scales very valuable.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    Kumu is online quite a bit when his computer isn't dead. He might be playing his clone Cryst at times.

Skald is on sporadically, but is more likely to be on his biped Samael (which I think is his main).

I'm on sporadically as Malta, mainly because he's done for the moment. I am usually on several times a week on my furball, Tsilaros, building on guild plots. I take orders while in this form, collect the comps, store them in the GH for when I log Malta on, make the scales, deliver them or put them back in the GH for when the customer approaches me again while playing Tsil..

There are others who have the techs, but their collections are not complete. Many don't play anymore.

Personally, I think it would be cool if the art of making those scales became a lost knowledge for a while, and other newer techs came out in the meantime. Then, maybe someday after they are long gone and lamented, they will make a surprise reappearance for a couple days. That would do two things: make a believeable story about knowledge and how it becomes lost, and make the existing scales very valuable.

*makes mental note of Tsilaros being Maltavorn so I can order my vengence scale*

[Y][:D]
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Quote Originally Posted by Mirsathia
    I only know of two people on Chaos who have Primal Vengeance - Guaran, and Akuluxtraxas (sp?). I'm not sure about the other techs, but I think Guaran has most (all?) of them.

~Mirsathia
    I belive that Silowyi has them all, if I'm not mistaken. She is the one who gave me the one tech I do have after the event was cut short.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirsathia

~Mirsathia
    I got the 4 of them
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Well, there we go, then! *G*

~Mirsathia

I've got Primal flash on my winds spells, and it does work. Has been recently tested on blight in the arena. It works on spells and on Golem's avalanche attacks. Probably works now on archers as well. When these techs originally came out Primal flash didn't work properly. Neither did Primal Vengeance. Only Eminence worked out of the gate. Primal Vengeance originally was going to be a 500% Strength increase, but was changed to have a defensive effect instead. I got a screenshot of it someplace.

I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon, any would be scale customers.

Thread Information