Thread: Hi (Still Installing - Blech)

Unearthly

Default Hi (Still Installing - Blech)

Hey all, I thought I'd try out this MMO but MAN does it take a long time to patch. I'm on a 3mb cable connection and the patcher is downloading at like...several kb per second. It's taking me longer to download this 185 meg patch than the 1 gig installer. Is something wrong with this, because this is kind of rediculous, I hate to see how slow it is on patch day when everyone is downloading.

PS. Is there a reason the patcher tries to use all of my processor power? It certainly doesn't need it, and I'd like to play other games for the eternity it takes to download.

Thanks for any answers and sorry for the pessimism but I can't quite help it. =/

Default Re: Hi (Still Installing - Blech)

Patching isnt any slower when you have everyone downloading it, thats the good news. I think there is some update file you can get that updates the origional installer you downloaded, so that there is less patching to do. I dont know why it takes so long for some people to patch though. But, usualy we dont get a normal patch into the game that is anywhere that large. Maybe 40 megs, tops, if they updated some art files. As far as using all of your processor power, maybe you have multithreaded patcher enabled? That one downloads and installs files at the same time. im not sure how intensive it is.

Anyway, welcome to Istaria.
    Lumineux Talar

Thalack

The threaded one is nice if your processor can handle it.

It was very nice to pretty much finish the download and already be done with the patching process.

Unlike other games hwere you spend the time downloading, then process the info.

Welcome to Istaria!

Hope to see you around Order!

Have fun!

[li]

I, Dream; of Darkness. Shadow's Incarnite. The Light in Life of Mother Night's Embrace.

Welcome to Istaria:) Pop into the new player assistance channel when you get going foro some fun/help/and friends.
    60% Achiever
    46% Socializer
    46% Explorer
    46% Killer
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Nimk a Beer)

Thread Information