The title might make it already clear what i'm trying to say :)

At these days the adventure trainers are almost onl needet to switch from one school to another. Some have a few class specific quests, but most of all times they are dead materia.

So how get them a little more used in game?
First idea was to give them quests for hunting and leveling, but that would destroy the existing tier oriented trophy hunters. So this isn't good.

Other idea to solve:

Situation as it is:
By leveling an adv school the player gains the specific class abilities automatically by reaching the level they are related to.
How would it be that these learning of abilities will be given over to the trainers?

Way to go:
- leveling your char till you reach the level for a new ability
- getting an ingame notice (chat text or window) that tells you to go to your trainer
- by your trainer he tells you a story, might also sends you out to search or hunt something and by finishing the quest you gain exp and the ability.

This would force all players to interact more with the gameworld and also bring more activity to the towns.

By the fact that there are hundreds of abilities that would need new quests and texts, i think it would be better not to implement a quest for all abilities.
What i mean ist that f.e. "melee flurry I" has to be gained by quest, "melee flurry II" then later will be gained automatically.
So only quests for the base abilitiy, not the upgrades.