Thread: Transport Error

Gwillimena

Default Transport Error

I am trying to get Horizons to work on my laptop, but am getting a transport error during startup. (win xp, sp2). I've disabled the Windows firewall, as well as Zone Alarm (even though I can run Horizons with Zone Alarm active on another computer) I'm not sure what to try next.

Torquil

Default Re: Transport Error

What number has the transport error ?

Have you tried finding a solution in the knowledge base on the support site ?

Gwillimena

There is no error number I can see - The only reason I know it is a transport error is that the window title (in task manager) says "transport error". I cannot actually see the error window at all. All the running programs become unresponsive until I 'end-task' from task manager. I search the support site and all that I could find regarding transport errors was advice to apply the current windows updates, and to disable any firewalls (which I have tried). I'll be submitting a problem request shortly, but I thought I would check here as well (thinking perhaps it was an XP/SP2 issue that someone else has encountered already)

dhowe01

That happens to me all the time. Not sure why.

This game is still so bugged.

Torquil

Best thing to do is turn on your transport logs, so everything will get reported in a log file in your horizons directory. To turn them on, just doubleclick the enable_debug.exe file in the Horizons folder. To turn them off, doubleclick disable_debug.exe.

There shouldappear a debug.log file (or something like that) in your horizons folder once you get the error. Support will definately need that file...

Please note that even when ZoneAlarm is "disabled" it continues to block some things. You actually have to unload it from memory to get it to stop blocking ports.

There are many causes for transport errors. The log files (client_debug.txt) will usually list the actual error number. If you have a case open on this issue with us then we can look there and you may want to consider uploading your debug file to the case.

Transport errors can be caused by billing issues, server outages, network issues, etc.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

draxshared

Was there ever any resolve to these Transport errors? I get these messages too, with the exact same symptoms as described in this thread. I'm also running WinXp SP2.

These types of errors must be addressed on an individual basis and so the best way to do this is for you to open a ticket at support.istaria.com. From there we can assist you further with the errors.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

|Raises hand|

Ever since that last patch (not the hotpatch with Tulga logo, the one prior), I've been getting disconnected from the game quite frequently. The transport error window comes up. I'll enable logging, and next crash zip it up and open a ticket.

Guaran

Sasantiz

I ran into alot of connection problems and did a step by step method to solving my issues and came to the conclusion that it could be me only who had problems not the shard(a simple ingame query was the easy solution).
    Did the usual stuff .. unplugged andpluggedallthe wires to my"modem" and such, restartedcomputer, prayed nothing seemed to work, ran windows update .. nothing there even checked for vira and spyware,, nothing seemed to work. Then the annoying Z in my taskbar caught my eye, so i decided to test and heres the results. replacing Zonealarm did lotsfor my connection stability in horizons ....

zomealarm is good but its not good for Horizons i dont know why it cause connection losses but it does .. tested with zonealarm yesterday and i got alot of ID: 91 errors.

Agnitum Outpost 1.1 and even tho i allowed all it stopped the online login past the EULA from loading (atleast on the european page). Blocked alot and was really buggy i wouldnt suggest this firewall to anyone.

Kerio Personal firewall seemed okay dident block anything when set to accept connections from IE and Horizons.exe, its an ok firewallbutfrom i could gather (happy amatuer at work) it wasnt for the less knowledgeable like me seemedvery technical but it worked flawless for horizons.

Omniquad personal firewall 1.1, in handling connections it seemed alot like Zonealarm, dosnt look as nice as alot of the other firewalls butI was able to load both IE login process and the game with this firewall.

I would like to mention that i dident run any security tests while testing as this wasnt the main purpose of the test(connection stability for horizons)

I'm doing fine with ZoneAlarm ...

Sasantiz

as was i but one day it just startet to bork up my connection to horizons ..
    My point wasnt stop using Zonealarm for horizons but try a different firewall if youre having problems rather [:)]

Thread Information