Thread: patch

Default patch

are we supposed to get anything pushed to live today like the new crystals, the fall festival ect, or is this stuff for next week?

Default Re: patch

Its this week, suppossedly
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

I was kind of curious myself. Could we get patch notes?

please
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

should be rather hefty, judging by the recent Blight notes...
    Got Cowbell?

oh well i'll keep watching hopefully it's not next week.

the length of the downtime can be an indicator. chances are we are getting the fall festival and some other stuff

Jalwyn

Yep, it should be today. Since a lot of the Fall Fest stuff has a Holloween theme and unless they get it out this week they will miss Holloween next Monday. So I'm thinking today is the day! Can't wait to cook up some goodies!

A guild member who is at home all day today asked me to inquire how long the patch would be and Manga's response was "Its huge." so I don't really expect the servers to be up early judging by the last time we had a big one.

Jarlek

An official announcement would be nice when there is a patch that will take all day long. Too much to ask I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlek
    An official announcement would be nice when there is a patch that will take all day long. Too much to ask I guess.
    Here, here!
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

I suspect today's patch notes will look something like this:

The following updates, fixes and additions will be added to the Blight shard on October 24th, 2005:

Additions:[*]Alchemist Trainers have acquired a stock of Beginner Tainted Essence Orb formula.[/list]

Changes/Fixes:[*]Beginner Dried Fruits corrected to use cooking. Also corrected the quantity of Grapes required.[*]Added descriptions to the Crystalshaping and Lairshaping techniques.[*]Corrected Lairshaping techniques so that they can be applied to Dragon Scales.[*]Beginner Fall Harvest Treats, Journeyman Fall Harvest Treats, Expert Fall Harvest Treats, Beginner Festival Candies, Beginner Festival Fireworks, Beginner Festival Meats, and Journeyman Festival Firworks will all filter properly on the formula window now.[*]Fixed a broken link in Holm the Orator which prevented him from properly giving out the Impaler Quest.[*]Mithril Salvage Awl will now properly give a bonus to salvaging.[*]Players will no longer be able to loot if their inventory is full due to the item limit restriction. There is now a check for item cap as well as bulk.[*]Set Bonus Augmentations Magick's Touch and Warrior's Resolve have had their resistances/ward bonus increased to 50 from 20.[/list]
    [img]/images/temp/about_line.gif[/img]
    The following updates, fixes and additions will be added to the Blight shard on October 20th, 2005:

Additions:[*]Armor, Jewelry, Tool and Weapon Resistance and Stat Crystals have received a boost to their resistances and stats as the first phase of the reintroduction of Crystals begins. Brand new Crystals (over 700 new crystals have been made internally) and a complete re-do of monster loot tables will follow next.[*]Tiers 1 through 3 Crystalshaping and Lairshaping techniques added to Grendan the Quartermaster.[*]Kreezost the Bloodmage in Sslanis has acquired a sign in front of his building.[/list]

Changes/Fixes:[*]Fixed references in Fall Harvest to Hommer.[*]Frightened Adventurer now has armor.[*]Fixed Hard Candy so it will count as festival currency.[*]Medium Gravestone and Small Gravestone had been switched, corrected that.[*]Fixed the footprint of Medium Gravestone.[*]Fixed the scaffolding for Medium and Large Gravestones.[*]Genuata will now properly display her confectioner wares for sale.[*]Removed Festival Treats formula from Jacques Allantyrn.[*]The trinket augmentation, Holy Armament of Istara, will now properly reduce incoming non-spell damage instead of outgoing.[*]Fixed ?Carpenter Task: Craft 1 Oak Construction Braces? to count the proper unit towards completion of the quest.[*]The footprint for the "Tree. leafy large" has been reduced in size so that it is more in keeping with other player-buildable trees.[/list]
    [img]/images/temp/about_line.gif[/img]

The following updates, fixes and additions will be added to the Blight shard on October 18th, 2005:

FALL FESTIVAL! The Fall Harvest is once again upon us! The people of Istaria gather at the newly built Festival-grounds outside of Dalimond to celebrate a year of relative peace and prosperity. Enjoy the food, masks, candy, costumes and even a few new items to build on your plot of land. Do some trick-or-treating and maybe even take in a ghost story or two ...but beware of spooky monsters that may be out to get you!

Additions: [*]The following new formulas are available for Confectioners from any Confectioner Trainer:[*]Beginner Dried Fruits[*]Beginner Dairy Products[/list][*]The Imperial Herald in New Trismus will now give out an Emblem of the Gifted to anyone who has previously completed the Trials of the Gifted.[*]Pumpkin Seeds are now obtained by processing Pumpkins using a Millstone and the Beginner Milled Ingredients formula. They are also obtained as a bonus resource from pumpkin patches.[*]Genuata the Vielo now carries rare ingredients that are used in Fall Harvest foods as well as in the upcoming revamp of the Confectioner school. These ingredients include Caramel, Chocolate, Vanilla, Ginger, Licorice, and others.[*]Crystalshaping and Lairshaping techniques are now available as loot drops.[/list]

Changes/Fixes: [*]The Master Brick formula will now properly require Travertine Slabs to make Bricks instead of Bricks.[*]Master Essence Orb formula will now properly require Radiant Essence to make Orbs instead of Orbs.[*]Master Wood Board formula will now properly require Thornwood Logs to make Boards instead of Boards.[*]Corrected the timers on the quest ?Assist Eilen the Mage with her Icy research?.[*]Desiccate will now properly reduce both Flame and Crush resistances.[*]Numbing Cold is now a self-targetable area-effect ability with a range of 30 meters. It now has an associated particle effect.[*]Technique Freeze I will now proc Glaze rather than Ice Snare.[*]?Blacksmith: Replenish the village's stock of bars? will now give you a full set of training tools when you begin the quest.[*]Guran the Blacksmith on New Trismus Island will now skip the first three training quests if you are level 3 or higher.[*]?Test of Knowledge? quest streamlined and the Scholars will again speak with questers. Coin award for the quest improved.[*]Garnet Golem will now properly spawn on New Trismus Island instead of in the middle of the Saritova guild community.[*]The sandstone within the cedar forest on New Trismus Island has been exhausted. It can still be found in significant quantities around the pond and near the gem mine.[*]?Blacksmith: Help the village rebuild? will now ask you to craft Cedar Boards instead of Cedar Logs.[*]Tirral the Scout will no longer offer Dragons the Lost Mushroom quest.[*]Adventure: Tooth and Claw I description properly lists Forest Crawler Leg Hairs as an ingredient.[*]Fixed the treasure tables for Bronze Golems.[*]Updated ?Gregory Task: Darkstaff's Orb of FarSeeing? to refer properly to the new location of the Senetal the Flame Disciple.[*]Corrected ?Scalecraft Mastery IX: Craft 70 Mithril Bars? to refer to 70 mithril bars instead of 10.[*]Corrected the skill requirements to scribe the Expert Fine Small Shield formula and also to make a Fine Mithril Small Shield.[*]Fixed the Profession Tag for Miner Trainers throughout Istaria.[*]All T6 trophies now have a coin and hoard value.[*]Fixed the appearance of Mallwen the Scout Trainer in Feladan.[*]Quest ?Feladan: Find a Green Maple Leaf? will now accept only Massive Maple Treants.[*]Corrected the spelling of ?piece? on Tareviel's Jewelry set.[*]Skeletons in the Western Deadlands now will now drop Flame and Ice Bone Splinters when you are on the quests ?Gain Breath of Fire III?, ?Gain Breath of Ice?, and ?Gain Breath of Lightning?.[*]Corrected a bug in ?Tazoon Prospecting Service Reports? quest which caused step 3 to disappear.[*]Sunbeam will no longer be dispellable.[*]Quest ?Dragon: Find the Lost Patrol? updated to properly be located on Lesser Aradoth.[*]Spiritist trainer dialogue clarified so that you don't mistakenly join the Spiritist school.[*]Snowball Formula is now stackable.[*]Craft: Lumbering IV added to description of Flame Beetle Carapace.[/list]

Tier 3 Technique Changes:

Flame, Energy and Ice Bone Splinters are being removed from the general loot tables of T3 skeletons as they were originally intended to be Event technique components only. This change will affect a number of techniques and invalidate players' stocks of these two components, so we wanted to give you a heads up in advance so that you could use that you have now and begin preparing for the change.

These three splinters are being replaced with four components (two of which did not drop previously, one which did but wasn't used, and one new one).[*]Greater Skeleton Skull[*]Craft: Quarrying III[*]Defense: Energy Resistance III[*]Spell: Flame Damage III[*]Spell: Stun III[/list][*]Wraith Master Ectoplasm[*]Adventure: 2-H Crush III[*]Craft: Clothworking III[*]Craft: Sculpting III[*]Defense: Flame Resistance III[*]Spell: Burning Damage III[*]Spell: Combust III[*]Spell: Derange III[*]Spell: Spirit Damage III[*]Statistic: Speed III[/list][*]Greater Ghost Vapor[*]Adventure: Dragon Breath III[*]Adventure: Ice III[*]Defense: Block III[*]Defense: Flame Ward III[*]Spell: Chill III[*]Spell: Flame Range III[*]Spell: Spirit Range III[/list][*]Redbacked Spider Breeder Eye[*]Adventure: Dragon Breath III[*]Ability: Power Strike III[*]Adventure: Crossbow III[*]Craft: Essence Shaping III[*]Craft: Mining III[*]Craft: Scalecraft III[*]Craft: Woodworking III[*]Defense: Energy Ward III[*]Spell: Cleanse III[*]Spell: Energy Damage III[*]Spell: Energy Range III[*]Spell: Taint III[*]Statistic: Focus III[/list][/list]

A few other changes: [*]Defense: Ice Resistance III will require Winter Gruok Knuckles[*]Adventure: 1-H Crush III will require Redbacked Spider Eye[*]Adventure: Tooth & Claw III will require Imbued Armor Splinter[/list]

The Dragon Breath quests are currently being reviewed for possible revision due to this change and the difficulty in getting resources from the Satyr Islands.

Simulation Changes/Fixes:[*]Applying Novian resources to a structure will give any assigned payout as normal. This prevents reserved coin from becoming "trapped" in a completed structure.[*]When using a spell or ability to give yourself an effect which does not then work because you already have a conflicting effect, the spell or ability will properly have its refresh timer reset.[/list]
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I'll have to kick my bro off and check out costumes and crystals for a bit.

Telpeloci

Hmm...sure is taking a while...dunno what to do until tonight's game starts now...heheh. Can't wait to see everything the fall festival brings though. :)

Though the crystals are added internally it doesnt look like they have been added to monsters yet as the loot tables have yet to be redone.

Based on these notes you'd see changes to crystals you got from hunting low level monsters, have as legacy from pre-merge monsters, or receive from the confectioner quests. Until the loot tables are redone my guess is no crystals will drop from the majority of the monsters in the game. Looks like we need to wait for the next or possibly next-next patch to start seeing the new crystals.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Corvalis

I'm not sure what all is going to be implemented today... but I've been waiting to find out since about 4pm EST.
    I didn't realize how hooked I was until I couldn't play. Hehehe. They got me.
    -Corv

Thread Information