Thread: Can I cry now?

Romansky

Default Can I cry now?

[:'(]
    My family and I just downloaded the free trial and if the game is everything we've heard it is, we want to keep it. However when we go in to make our characters everyone is a white outline with hair. The dragon and sslik are just fine we've had no problem flipping through and changing them. Can anyone help?

Default Re: Can I cry now?

The most common reason for white, featureless characters is an integrated Intel graphics chip. They lack certain features that Horizons and activeX uses. What are your machine's specifications?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Romansky

we have a nvidia geforce4, i thought that one would work. the intel integrated graphics chip is what it came with and it still shows on the system, but everything else we have intaled is using the nvidia, i dont see why this one wouldnt

Yes, an nvidia card should run Horizons fine. If you're able to, disable the integrated gfx chips from BIOS settings or uninstall their drivers. Although very unlikely, the fact that it shows up could cause oddities. What is your geforce's type? Too little memory on gfx card can cause some graphics issues. Also, how much system memory do you have? As I use ATI myself I'm not very familiar with any possible problems geforce might have with HZ.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Staff :: Developer

I think Varangaard is right on track with the advice to disable the onboard video in the BIOS. I run a GeForce4 (Ti4200) with 64M memory at home.. it's not the best but with conservative video settings it runs horizons just fine.

I recently saw that same issue in character creation on a new harddrive here in the office. It was fixed by adjusting the video card texture settings to be higher performance and lower quality in the advanced settings slider bar.

Hope one or both of these suggestions work for ya :) (I'm not sure which graphics service it's using, the onboard or the card, but in general I've never had good luck when there are 2 of something installed/enabled - so disabling the onboard graphics would be the first thing I did.)
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Thread Information