Thread: Mouse Controls?

Default Mouse Controls?

I logged in just a bit ago, to find that my mouse wasn't acting like it used to.
    Originally, I'd have the mouse_middle button (scroll wheel button) do all my turning for me when held down. Which means that I didn't use the keyboard to TURN at all. Just move forward.

I used W and S for forward/backward movement and A and D for side-stepping (with middle_mouse held down). The middle_mouse button was what I'd use to 'steer' as I moved forward. Now the mouse_middle (scroll wheel button) won't turn the character, only the camera...

Anybody know how I can turn my character with the middle button again? I've played in whatever setting that was since I came back to Horizons, now I can't figure out how to work it again. ><
    __________________________________________________ __________

Default Re: Mouse Controls?

You've probably tinkered with the camera control configuration in the options > keybindings. It's been a while since I experimented with those and figured it out so I don't recall the details, but the 'free look' you use to turn and camera controls conflict somehow. I think it was, whichever of those two you assign a hotkey, will override the other.

Try clearing both keybinds, both camera control and free look, then assign free look back to MMB. This should, afaik, remedy your situation. Never assign a camera control hotkey, it kills free look key. In converse, if you have only camera control set and empty free look, assigning a free look key will kill the camera control key. Now I don't remember if just clearing the key will release the lock, or if you had to clear both... so clear both first.

I need to go back and check to be sure, but this is how I remember it worked. [:)] Incidentally, my own setup is identical to yours, only I use ctrl instead of MMB and arrow keys. Being able to strafe can be handy sometimes.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Default Re: Mouse Controls?

Thanks! I will keep all of that in mind when it happens again. I ended up trying all the options and nothing worked. finally I logged out through the game's Exit option and did a Full-Scan. That seems to have fixed it all. Maybe I corrupted a file somehow when I logged out last-time by just clicking off the game window instead of using the ingame Exit.

Again, thank you. I'll try that next time before I do Full-Scan. ^.^
    __________________________________________________ __________

Thread Information