Thread: Cosmetic / Player Controls

Default Cosmetic / Player Controls

((
    I've been making a list about things I wouldn't mind having tweaked in-game. Or maybe an optional setting to change some things. Most of these are cosmetic changes, admittedly. I've played many a game and came back to Horizons, so I instantly noticed some things Horizons could use to make it more user-friendly/convenient.

Here are some of my suggestions:

1. Animations (example: casting a spell on yourself) interrupt when you take a step and directly go into running/walking animation.
    (This prevents the sliding around the world look after casting a spell.)

2. Each -individual- window remembers the last place it was when closed. (example: Cargo Disk inventory, Personal Inventory and Bank Vault.)

3. Being able to hit numlock while you're running instead of having to stop and then hit numlock.

4. Melee/spell cast delays at the beginning of fights, while mobs persistantly beat on you. (Seems to be a delay for /attack and any -instant- spell, like Determination, Primal Roar.)

5. An option to move the camera and/or character around with holding down Left-click, like the middle_mouse button currently does.
    ))
    __________________________________________________ __________

Default Re: Cosmetic / Player Controls

Quote Originally Posted by Kodey
    2. Each -individual- window remembers the last place it was when closed. (example: Cargo Disk inventory, Personal Inventory and Bank Vault.)
    Actually, it does. There might be some option you have to toggle. But when I put my inventory in the left, my vault in the middle right, that's where they open when I hit I or V, even after relog. I keep my cargo disk minimized up under my hotbars and just expand it when I need to see its contents (though if I log out or ctd while it is not in my inventory, that window vanishes. On the other hand, it opens in the same spot again once I double click the disk after it is back in inventory).

I remember back towards the dawn of the game, there was some issue with windows resetting their start position every time. I wish I could remember the fix, as since it was fixed I've had flawless performance on window position.

As to the cargo disk window, I /would/ like to have a key-bind possibility so I don't have to mouse click it to open and close it each time.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad soon to have Renovation Phase III
    100 Blacksmith/100 Fitter/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/14 Weaver/13 Enchanter
    100 Reaver/66 Ice Disciple

zordrak

I think the problem is more with window size. If I have my cargo disk window open and open my inventory window, I have them set at two locations and two different sizes. I then close them both. Then I open my inventory window first (whereas I had prevously had my cargo disk wiudow opened first), and then open my cargo disk window second. My inventory window is at the location and sized just as my cargo disk window before I closed them.

Thats exactly it, actually. The last window closed is the window that saves the settings for the next window to be opened. Wah. :(

Kothar@Chaos

Definate agree on number 5! Please let me easily move the camera with the mouse with either left or right click. The middle button thing partially works now but it's prone to error and my middle button isn't as convenient to press. Even better, make one mouse button move just the camera and the other move the character and camera.

The other big thing for me has been a problem since a very long time ago back in the beginning... massive battle lag. Often I can click an ability and nothing happens for a second or two. Mobs often seem to hit me from a mile away yet they appear to be approaching somewhat slowly. Sometimes buttons get jammed.. staying highlighted even though they didn't fire off and I'm clearly within range.

Yeah. I think the combat lag has something to do with a combination of game mechanics and lag. Lag due to things hitting you from miles away even when they are slow to approach or perhaps completely game mechanics. I know I do see a difference when I hit certain instant abilities and nothing happens for a while. Then I start casting Imp. Primal Bolt or /attacking. The delay is really weird.. Hopefully not intentional, but its been there for as long as I can remember.

Thread Information