Thread: Vaults. "Full" when capacity is not reached.

Default Re: Vaults. "Full" when capacity is not reached.

Yep, still seeing this here. Have posted about it MANY times.

No resolution as of yet.

What is it now? 24 months since this problem was first reported in beta?

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I have this problem with my dragon's vault, but never with my biped's vault. Could it be scale techs causing the problem?

Maybe if we can narrow it down it will help get it fixed.
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Can't be just scale techs because my biped has this issue as well.

I've spent a lot of time diagnosing this problem, and have provided quite a bit of info on it to the devs. They have yet to be able to locate the problem.

The crux of the problem is that SOME teched items add extra bulk, and there are two separate calculations being done to compute bulk. You have to realize that the way the system works is that every item is coded as a container. Some containers can actually hold other items, the rest hold techs. That's why you can't tech satchels/bags/backpacks/scalepacks any more. They were bugged, because the techs would show up in the container as items.

In the case of SOME items (and it could be flags on the items themselves), one bulk calculation counts them and their bulk, the other one does not. The one that does is the one which determines whether you can put anything else into your vault. The other one is what displays the bulk/stacks on the capacity bar. The first one is broken, the second one is not.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

From the experiments I did last november (and yes, sent in a ticket)... teched dragon scales and biped cargo armor are bugged. These things have 1 extra phantom bulk per tech applied. Teched spells, leather/cloth armor, and tools did not have this problem. My biped is only a baby tailor, so I couldn't test much else at the time.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Unfortunately it's not just bulk I'm missing. I'm also missing a few item stacks as well I believe.

EDIT: Whoops, scratch that. I see some were still overlooked. Will be fixed for the next live update.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    EDIT: Whoops, scratch that. I see some were still overlooked. Will be fixed for the next live update.
    Well, judging by the comment, they've been able to track down some bugs. Which is good, as my teched scales are clearly eating up some extra vault space.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Thread Information