Thread: Spearman a tank?

Default Spearman a tank?

So is a spearman really a meat sheild? Would you consider one a tank? How do they compare to the other tank classes and knoc? If i could get some inside info on how a spearmen works and the abilities it would be awesome. same with the KNOC abilities and how they work. Thanks! also what do their abilities look like and whats transferable?

Default Re: Spearman a tank?

spearman are one of the (or THE) best blockers ingame, but you walk around in chain, not plate
    other things spearman do:
    - hit fast but not hard
    - debuff you enemy for your attacks
    - block a lot
    - have no spells (except from multiclassing)

I must say that spearman is THE TANK!
    I could easily solo lvl 95 Fire Opals as lvl 77 Spearman.
    And it really doesn't matter that u can't wear platemail since u parry and block alot. ( I did 10 lvls if monk to get "Dodge" and "Foresight" aswell )
    The abilities u gain is very good.
    A good comination is Fetnt + Rend Armor+ Melee Flurry and u have a dead mob laying infront off u within seconds :)
    Feint lowers the mobs evasion and rend armor lowers the mobs armor and melee flurry gives u extra attacks. And since u hit the mobs so fast with a spear u can just sit back and relax :)
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

And don't forget to visit Adeshine the Spear Slinger in Feladan to get the envenomed spear quest.
    (An spearman only attack abilitie)
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Thread Information