Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Lair Update: November 13, 2005

Default Re: Dragon Lair Update: November 13, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin
    so all you heard is the last line of what i wrote?
    fine, you're right, it is more than a week, but not everyone has taken the time to look over the lair plots because there's been no sense of time running out before they have to really start looking. and some of them don't show _any_ dimensions.

that doesn't change the fact that there are some showstoppers in the code still.
    I hate to say it, but it's life -- You snooze, you lose. Lairs have been in with their XY dimensions for almost a month now. If someone hasn't bothered to fly around and take advantage of that time to househunt, that's noone's fault but their own.

Where have you seen lairs without any dimensions at all? I've been around a bit - Mahagra, Kirasanct, Drakul, Last Stand, Harro, Tralandar.. All of the lairs have showed proper dimensions (excepting the Z, which has been 240) for me.

~Mirsathia

Quote Originally Posted by Mirsathia
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]dorrin wrote: so all you heard is the last line of what i wrote?
    fine, you're right, it is more than a week, but not everyone has taken the time to look over the lair plots because there's been no sense of time running out before they have to really start looking. and some of them don't show _any_ dimensions.

that doesn't change the fact that there are some showstoppers in the code still.

I hate to say it, but it's life -- You snooze, you lose. Lairs have been in with their XY dimensions for almost a month now. If someone hasn't bothered to fly around and take advantage of that time to househunt, that's noone's fault but their own.

Where have you seen lairs without any dimensions at all? I've been around a bit - Mahagra, Kirasanct, Drakul, Last Stand, Harro, Tralandar.. All of the lairs have showed proper dimensions (excepting the Z, which has been 240) for me.

~Mirsathia
    ummm....no, all lairs were a generic setting for a month just like they were all 999sp. Actual dimensions were put in last WEEK!! BIG DIFFERENCE
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

So you've already had at least a week to see dimensions, by your own words. What's the big deal.Owning an lair on blight testing or owning one for real on live. Either way, they're still in the same state. When they're live at least more people will help report bugs. Not opening auctions isn't going to speed up their state of repairs. At least ownership will be out of the way, and I can relax. I prefer the silent auction approach. I'll drop every last coin I have on the right lair, because after that, money has no use for me. I'm a dragon, not a biped.

AKA Malloc of Dawn, ancient
    Here's to the Overlord, rest in peace.
    Keith Arlin Parkinson October 22, 1958 - October 26, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell

ummm....no, all lairs were a generic setting for a month just like they were all 999sp. Actual dimensions were put in last WEEK!! BIG DIFFERENCE
    Ah... actually, no.

I've been flying around them all compulsively since they were opened. The XY coords have been in since they were released on live.

I posted following on the thread "Lair Sizes with Locations" on 10-25-2005:

Quote Originally Posted by Mirsathia
    I rescoped the Ancient lairs on Drakul, and they're teeenytiny. *G* Something like 72x96x240 - I can't recall offhand, and I'm not on to check my map markers.

One would get them for the status more than anything, I guess. I'm certainly laughing, though. [img]emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Since I'm on Blight right now, and my map markers are old (aka, they do not have any dimensions set on my markers, which I did with lairs on Chaos).... The EARLIEST that the set dimensions XY (Not Z - that's at 240 default, as you can see) were on the Live servers is in October. No, it's not a month-- but the dimensions HAVE been on live for quite a while now.

Like I said.. you snooze, you lose. *shrugs*

~Mirsathia

11 days is plenty of time. The hunts for every real life house I've ever owned took less time then that and we were juggling FAR more considerations with far more serious consequences if we got it wrong for those housesthen we are for lair plots.

Plot sizes do not vary radically. They're far less varied then biped plots. If you spend a few hours flying around you'll get a pretty good idea of what's available.

Hopefully by now you have a pretty good idea of any geographical areas you're particularly fond ofthose areaswhich have lair plots. Seeing as how lair plots havebeen around for weeks if you haven't by now it's your own fault. All you have to do now is go to those areas and pick out plots with the size you want which shouldn't take much time at all.

I do hope they'll publish a list of plots along with their dimensions, price, and auction time; but such a list isn't really critical for all the evaluation you'll need short of actually buying the thing. In fact the only thing which is really needed is a list showing the order in which plots are auctioned; so we can set up bids on second, third, fourth, etc. choicesin case we don't get our first choice.

Despite the fact that life has moved on since my last post .. I feel it incumbent upon me to say that althoughI stand by what I wrote .. I was reacting prematurely and without full consideration to some of the comments posted prior to mine.

Dorrin / Tantalyr - please check PMs

Some people are just selfish. "I can log on Blight so screw you." I hope those people get stuck with their plot on blight. I guess they don't realize some people got a life, working and not spending theit whole afternoon playing game.

Oh well. I wish good luck to those who are going to be tight on time with the rushed Lairs.
    With luck, everything is going to be bugged and the action will be delayed.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Who cares about Thanksgiving!!

Plots are going on auction right after HARRY POTTER comes out! I'm going to be at the movies one of the days at the auction, how unfair is THAT!

How dare they! [:'(]

[:D]
    ~Mirsathia

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    Lack of preparation and awareness on your part does not constitute an emergency on anyone else's part.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Some people are just selfish. "I can log on Blight so screw you." I hope those people get stuck with their plot on blight. I guess they don't realize some people got a life, working and not spending theit whole afternoon playing game.

Oh well. I wish good luck to those who are going to be tight on time with the rushed Lairs.
    Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Everyone "can" log into blight. You choose to spend your time as you wish. Log in to Blight or your regular server, that's your choice. You speak that everyone sounds selfish, when you make comments like, "I hope those people get stuck with a lair on blight". Somewhat hypocritical? Speak of selfish. Those people on Blight are giving up regular play time to report the bugs in hopes of getting the "bugs" you so much wish for, fixed before things are live in a few weeks. If you can't log in at least once in the next 11 days, your not tight on time, you're lazy. Don't talk about work and having a life. I'm a single provider for a family of four.I have time for them, game time, house work, and side projects.

AKA Malloc of Dawn, ancient
    Here's to the Overlord, rest in peace.
    Keith Arlin Parkinson October 22, 1958 - October 26, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Frost

Everyone "can" log into blight. You choose to spend your time as you wish. Log in to Blight or your regular server, that's your choice. You speak that everyone sounds selfish, when you make comments like, "I hope those people get stuck with a lair on blight". Somewhat hypocritical? Speak of selfish. Those people on Blight are giving up regular play time to report the bugs in hopes of getting the "bugs" you so much wish for, fixed before things are live in a few weeks. If you can't log in at least once in the next 11 days, your not tight on time, you're lazy. Don't talk about work and having a life. I'm a single provider for a family of four.I have time for them, game time, house work, and side projects.

<3

~Mirsathia

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Lack of preparation and awareness on your part does not constitute an emergency on anyone else's part.
    It isn't 'preparation' when what you got work with is not even accurate to begin with :P
    Not fixed size, not fixed cost, not fixed craft. sorry, but we will only get the real result once it hit live. Blight isn't even accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Everyone "can" log into blight. You choose to spend your time as you wish. Log in to Blight or your regular server, that's your choice. You speak that everyone sounds selfish, when you make comments like, "I hope those people get stuck with a lair on blight". Somewhat hypocritical? Speak of selfish. Those people on Blight are giving up regular play time to report the bugs in hopes of getting the "bugs" you so much wish for, fixed before things are live in a few weeks. If you can't log in at least once in the next 11 days, your not tight on time, you're lazy. Don't talk about work and having a life. I'm a single provider for a family of four. I have time for them, game time, house work, and side projects.
    Nice. You got 3 extra pair of hand to help you at home. Some don't.
    And I'm not targetting at everyone. I'm targetting it at those who had the chance to get to blight, have a preview, then tell everyone else to screw up because THEY didn't go to blight.

Sorry, but blight shouldn't be a Walkthrough to the game where you know everything before it goes out. Testing is one thing, using the testing experience to step over other is another.

And don't forget some don't have access to blight, nor don't feel like patching the game everytime they goes between blight or live. And yes, I haven't been able to log in the last 11 days. And it's not lazyness, lazy one. It's bad timing with work, family affairs and out of town call.

Why are you targetting anyone at all? Whats the big deal? I don't think the devs mysteriously forgot about Thanksgiving. [:p]
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]PJ wrote:
    ????
    Its a figure of speech in the english language. Meaning to take a rash or spiteful action that causes harm to your own cause in the end.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Sorry, but blight shouldn't be a Walkthrough to the game where you know everything before it goes out. Testing is one thing, using the testing experience to step over other is another.
    1) it's kindof hard not to know what's going on if you test it on blight first...

2) you're assuming that everyone that thinks 11 days is plenty has taken the time to test on blight and/or those that think it should be extended haven't. definitely not the case.

L[img]Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]aughingOtter wrote:

It isn't 'preparation' when what you got work with is not even accurate to begin with [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Not fixed size, not fixed cost, not fixed craft. sorry, but we will only get the real result once it hit live. Blight isn't even accurate.

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]PJ wrote:

????

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Frost wrote:
    Everyone "can" log into blight. You choose to spend your time as you wish. Log in to Blight or your regular server, that's your choice. You speak that everyone sounds selfish, when you make comments like, "I hope those people get stuck with a lair on blight". Somewhat hypocritical? Speak of selfish. Those people on Blight are giving up regular play time to report the bugs in hopes of getting the "bugs" you so much wish for, fixed before things are live in a few weeks. If you can't log in at least once in the next 11 days, your not tight on time, you're lazy. Don't talk about work and having a life. I'm a single provider for a family of four. I have time for them, game time, house work, and side projects.

Nice. You got 3 extra pair of hand to help you at home. Some don't.
    And I'm not targetting at everyone. I'm targetting it at those who had the chance to get to blight, have a preview, then tell everyone else to screw up because THEY didn't go to blight.

And don't forget some don't have access to blight, nor don't feel like patching the game everytime they goes between blight or live. And yes, I haven't been able to log in the last 11 days. And it's not lazyness, lazy one. It's bad timing with work, family affairs and out of town call.
    This is not anyone else's problem but yours. There is no reason that your reasons for not logging into Blight should punish others. Get over it. Auctions are tomorrow, they end the 28th. Good luck.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Quote Originally Posted by Illi

This is not anyone else's problem but yours. There is no reason that your reasons for not logging into Blight should punish others. Get over it. Auctions are tomorrow, they end the 28th. Good luck.
    You know, it's fun how that same logic goes both way. There's no reason why other should be pushished because you have way too much time in your hand.

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Illi wrote:

You know, it's fun how that same logic goes both way. There's no reason why other should be pushished because you have way too much time in your hand.
    Way too much time on your hands?

I haven't bothered to play with lairs on Blight until YESTERDAY. I bought one, and spent 3 hours playing with the layout. I'm logging on this morning in the ONE hour I have before leaving for work to join Lairshaping school and fiddle around to get the basic hang of it.

All it takes is ONE free evening out of the past week to log onto blight, buy a lair (if you don't have the cash, I'm sure anyone on or copied would be happy to give it to you), and fiddle for a couple of hours to learn the ropes.

"Not enough time" is just a rubbish excuse.

~Mirsathia

In others defense everyone may not know of how to copy over to blight currently. Also even if they do thier is no telling how long before the copy is made. Yes you could make a hatchling and run every where, or try at least but you will not reach all the lairs in a couple hours or even ever due to having to fly or fight monsters. So Blight may be an option but no it is not an option for all.

Thread Information