Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lair Chamber functions

Default Re: Lair Chamber functions

Just so there's no confusion, a Vault (both in a lair as well as on a surface plot) is a building that spawns a Vaultkeeper, which then grants access to your personal, global vault. It does not create any additional storage space.

Im building a grand hall myself they are just the ultimate :) i strive high and cant get any higher!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    Just so there's no confusion, a Vault (both in a lair as well as on a surface plot) is a building that spawns a Vaultkeeper, which then grants access to your personal, global vault. It does not create any additional storage space.
    oooooh
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

I am loving the Dragon Answering machine Consigner and Pawnbrokers. I assume the "Vault Keeper" will be the same crystal ball in a claw fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri
    Do we need lvl 100 lairshaping to create T6 chambers?
    Yes. But keep hoping.
    A biped who get 10 points per levels is barely able to keep up. The crafter who only did the Essence for our guild hall said he wouldn't want to see a single essence ever again after doing the work, and he was a level 100 Enchanter.

Now imagine dragons, which only get 8 points per level. The original thread was burried under the latest screen shot, but the Lairshaper school need rewamping ASAP and before it get released. Give us 10 or 9 already with quests. Stop putting bellow par on EVERYTHING, including our own schools skills.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Earth to Dragonaide: Lairshaper gets 10 Lairshaping skill per level.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Dragonaide is refering to me. I was only about level 84 Enchanter at the time, and it was the shining for two tier 5 guild houses - done in about 36 hours. It was an ungodly amount of shining and, yes, I didn't want to even look at a shining wisp for a very long time afterwards.

BUT, like PJ said: Lairshaper gets 10pts Lairshaping skill per level. I know there are dragons out there that aren't satisfied with Dragons atm. IMHO dragons have gotten a lot of love in the past 6 months, which they truly deserved. Dragons were a squibble on a rough outline of a possible idea of a partially completed class/race. They are far from that today -not perfect; not done; not needing some tweaks.....BUT let's not try and paint them worse then they actually are.

I'm a champion of all races and classes, especially those that were truly lacking (Dragons and confectioners as examples) a viable build. However, all things can't be equal. I know there are those that will throw up all kinds of things to compare Bipeds vs Dragons. Each side has their gripes and percieved nerfs as compared to other classes or races. I would think being able to fly to many places that would be time consumming for a biped to get to (Fire Island for example); being able to make crystals; having some of the very nice bonuses that I've seen connected with lair shops would make dragons appreciate what they do and will have in game - I know those things I just listed make me enviousalmost daily.

I'm not saying dragons or any other class should be considered done, but we should all really think about what makes our playtime FUN (which is what it really is all about). Also, based on the design preview, there's more fun headed our way.

My two cents and sorry to derail such a thread, but there's too much fixation on what we each lack rather than what we are gaining.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

wow, really? storage in lairs and halls? that's cool, i didn't think about the comparable houses and guild halls that bipeds have. i like the way the shrines look.. so even though i have a hall in my plan, i will still put in a shrine. and it _does_ make more sense for halls to hold more if for no other reason than the fact that they're larger.

OK, question on grand halls. Why does it have all those doors? Even in a 120x120 there really isn't room to put anything in the remaining space. I'm not complaining, just curious.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thankl you for taking teh time to make this list, it will be quite usefull when planing out a lair.
    Xyndro

Dragon of Order.

Yea, I noticed that too. Maybe it's the way we're designing the lair. hmm[:^)]

Dravatar

Not all lairs are xy of 120x120. Some are 120x144 in the xy dimensions. This allows other rooms on same level as Great Halls.

Both smelters and stoneworking pedastals are used for lairshaping. Do both of these give a bonus to lairshaping skill?
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

ooh, good question... though actually all 4 machines are needed to make lair units (essence, metal, stone and gem machines)

Wyrme Of Light

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae

Ok I thought Halls = regular lair rooms and Grand Hall = Guild Hall??

And can someone please tell me the difference between Silo - a chamber with storage - and a vault.

Seems like that's three of the same thing?

How does that work?

VAULT=Shareholders Vault access from your lair instead of running to the local bank/Vault

SILO = A storage container for resorces for crafting like bricks bars essance pain in the tail sacle stuff to lugg up to your lair all the time.
    Currently most of us are using our vault like Silos when we are levling up lairshaping skills. Once the lairs are in and Silos are up things will be allot easyer for Dragons to craft and build with the use of Silos(Storage chambers)

The Current max Vault VI = 6000 bulk and so many staks Silos are:

Silo: Storage
    T1 bulk 20,000 Stack 1
    T2 bulk 32,000 Stack 1
    T3 bulk 44,000 Stack 1
    T4 bulk 56,000 Stack 1
    T5 bulk 68,000 Stack 1
    T6 bulk 80,000 Stack 1

Will help you and your guild craft a whole lot easyer in the long run.

*tail whack to the top for the new lairshapers*

Yes, I know this is an old thread but it took me along time to find this information and I knew it was hiding in here somewhere. Hopefully it will be of use to the new lair owners like the one I was trying to help in dragon channel .... I can never remember all those numbers....

Dracaena

Thread Information