Thread: Bristugo Ports

Tala_Mirth

Default Bristugo Ports

Not really sure if this is a bug or not, so I want some feedback before reporting it.

Are the portals to the racial cities (Mahagra, Dalimond, Dralk...) that were recently added to the Bristugo gates supposed to be free? Seems to me like maybe they didn't add the cost when they added the ports there.
    As it is now, you can port to nearly any city for free now. Just port from one city to Bristugo for free, then on to the next city for free. Seems like a possible exploit to avoid transport fees to me.

Staff :: Developer

Default Re: Bristugo Ports

This sounds like we forgot to set the prices properly. Thanks for the report, I'll pass it on and ensure it gets looked at.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

This is actually by design until the auctions are over. At that time they will be changed.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Tala_Mirth

Thanks, Illyist.
    As I said, wasn't sure if it was a abug or not. It just seemed wrong.

Domtar Earthson

Well, I'm saddened to hear that they plan to (stealthfully) put fees back on the Dalimond pennisula port destinations. This can be seen for 2 reasons:

1. The vielo charge more than enough as it is for their wares. Lately since the institution of the tech components and a spree of finally teching a number of items, I barely have enough to cover transport fees. I think this is a much greater source of random money sink than transport fees. If you have to raise the price, then make it half the normal ( or some percentage).

2. Some people still get portal sludge, a build up of memory with each and every transport, no matter where they go. Tazoon and New Rachival are the worst offenders for this. Personally,I think it has to do with the complexity of the area (tazoon) or the number of people bound there (NR). The only cure is to relog every so often. I've been finding that I'm starting to have it again. So, using Bristugo as a waypoint might be free, but it's not without a price.

2. Some people still get portal sludge, a build up of memory with each and every transport, no matter where they go. Tazoon and New Rachival are the worst offenders for this. Personally,I think it has to do with the complexity of the area (tazoon) or the number of people bound there (NR). The only cure is to relog every so often. I've been finding that I'm starting to have it again. So, using Bristugo as a waypoint might be free, but it's not without a price.

As for the portal sludge, if you or anyone else gets this fairly reproducable, there's something I'd like to look at. I think this may have to do with settings (which would explain why I don't get it to happen to me). If you get this please send me a copy of your
    1) Horizons\prefs\ClientPrefs_Graphic.def file, your
    2) Horizons\prefs\blight_Illyist\ClientPrefs_Main.def
    (your character folder, mine would be blight_Illyist)
    and a note saying 3) how many ports you've made and 4) what the framerate difference is that you perceive. 5) The places you port to certainly couldn't hurt, so add those if you can remember, please.

6) I'd also be interested in a screenshot of your normal screen, how many and which interface windows you have open (minimizedand full open) when this occurs.

Maybe I can finally track this down and get the programmers some solid info with your help.

As for the teleporters and vielo, the gates were implemented as free so that everyone could get their exploring and bids in for the auctions. The vielo have adjusted their markets to the Live economies, just like the drop rates are made for the live shards and their populations. The idea of the stuff is... it's rare. Not everyone can have a full set, if they do, they'll have gone through a lot of hard work. If they sold for cheap, then we'd be taking some of the thrill away for the people who find it as a drop.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Thread Information