Thread: Funny things that happen in Horizons

Default Funny things that happen in Horizons

While I was in the process of entering the Harrow Canyon, for yew logs, I ran into a player that was battling a blighted blight , level 100. I noticed that his health was getting low, especially when a Yew Treeant and an Oastic joined in on the battle, three against one was a bit too much, I thought anyway. I sent a tell to this player asking if they wanted help, other than healing. No response, so I sorta figured they were too busy battling. About ten minutes go by, and the only monster left attacking this player was the blighted blight. So, I sent several more tells, and still no response. Feeling guilty for wanting to escape to return to the wood mill to process my wood, I stayed for a bit more and then realized that this was going to take forever to heal, so I left.

I sent a tell to an ingame friend and told him how odd this situation was. So, he returned to the yew wood himself, to conintue getting the wood.

He too, thought it was the most oddest thing that this player was not responding, then he sent me a tell.

* Did you see the name was blue*? he asked

*Umm, blushes, no, no wonder why he didn't respond! We proceeded to help the guard out by slaying the nasty nasty, and the guard went running back to his outpost.

I laughed so hard when I realized that it was an npc all along. Heh

Whats the funniest experience you have had in Horizons?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Funny things that happen in Horizons

I still remember the confusion I had when I teleported to Bristugo only to be surrounded by dozens of chickens on the teleporter pad. I double checked that I was indeed in the right place and that I hadn't accidentally gone to one of the training islands. All the teleporters were there, so I was indeed in Bristugo. I sent out notes to people advising of the poultry stampede and moved on. A few minutes later, Bristugo had a cattle stampede. This was the wonderful beginning to a raid on Bristugo.

Let's do it again!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I think probably the funniest thing I've seen in recent times was just after the major change to Lesser Aradoth went on Blight. I was playing my low level hatchie there and doing the Militia quest to kill Lt. Khar. He was definately too much for me at the time, but I wanted to test and see what would happen if I kited him down into Kion. Going by the front gates, we attracted the two guards there but I kept Khar's attention and got him down to the steps of the militia building when, unexpectedly, every NPC on the first floor came charging out and beat the snot outta Khar and his followers while I stood there laughing. I had never seen that many NPCs in battle at once short of seeing what happens when the Nature Tower was invaded. Sadly, my little hatchling did not get credit for the kill and had to try this same tactic again though using only the guards at the gate to help take Khar down this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches

* Did you see the name was blue*? he asked

and Blue is a GREAT name [:D][Y][:D]

Back in the pre-merge days, I was a level 40 miner and low 20s jeweler. I got the great idea to load up on gems from the Kion volcano, then fill up the rest of the disk and inventory with silver to get some miner XP, then head into Kion and switch to jeweler and get jeweler XP in town. So I carefully fill up exactly enough silver and gems to make complete sets of jewelry and drag it all into town and up to the balconey where Basteia hung out. A quick greet and change to Jeweler and...

...Uh-oh.

There I stood, rooted to the spot, starkers on the balconey, all my kenaf cargo gear unequipped and overloaded into inventory.

Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    I think probably the funniest thing I've seen in recent times was just after the major change to Lesser Aradoth went on Blight. I was playing my low level hatchie there and doing the Militia quest to kill Lt. Khar. He was definately too much for me at the time, but I wanted to test and see what would happen if I kited him down into Kion. Going by the front gates, we attracted the two guards there but I kept Khar's attention and got him down to the steps of the militia building when, unexpectedly, every NPC on the first floor came charging out and beat the snot outta Khar and his followers while I stood there laughing. I had never seen that many NPCs in battle at once short of seeing what happens when the Nature Tower was invaded. Sadly, my little hatchling did not get credit for the kill and had to try this same tactic again though using only the guards at the gate to help take Khar down this time.
    That's how I got my kill on Khar with my hatchie. I got credit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    I was returning from the gem fields near Kion and I ran past Lt Khar on the way back to Kion. He followed me all the way to the Kion gate. When I arrived at Kion I saw two "characters" (I didn't realise these two were the Kion guards) fighting a second Lt Khar! So I accidentally dragged the first Khar into the fight as I ran past the fracas. Needless to say the two guards were overwhelmed by the two Khars. I felt really guilty as I watched the two "characters" die. I returned to the scene of the massacre shortly after and realised then that the two victims were NPCs.[:$]

Recently....I think this is!

It is a Dragon dream.....or Nightmare? [:|]
    http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...m=13&pos=0
    http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...m=13&pos=1
    http://www.azuretwilight.com/gallery...m=13&pos=2

This lair can be found at the top of the hill in the Granite Hills community. Hopefully it will get fixed before the auctions start!! In the meantime, it's one of the best bloopers I've seen in Horizons. [:P]

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight in Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

You have to go back to day 1 retail and those whom have had bad experiences with other MMORPGs and players whom have to try and find ways to steal from other characters....

The guild I was in had a crafter that made our very first cargo disks.... and someone asked why I was dragging my cargo disk... I said, because it is full and I can't put it away in my inventory.

Then I was told that you can just park the disk on the ground... "On the GROUND" I though, as visions of players coming up to my disk and pilfering what was in it, leaving me with an empty disk. They laughed and told me that only you can see the disk and no one else has access to it...

Boy was I dumb.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

...I had a bug that made it impossible for me to unequip my cargo disc - so I flapped around with it - that was fun...

Most definitely this one:

Clicky

Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

My cat likes to try and help me kill things too. Usually at the expense of my open drink. He is particullarly fond of beetles.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

finding places like this in game is great

Happy fish

funniest thing that happened hmm...

id say when i was chatting and not paying attention to where i was flying and ending up slamming into a wall infront of everyoen in the obsidian [:$]
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Thread Information