Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragon Lair Update: November 14, 2005

Default Re: Dragon Lair Update: November 14, 2005

If those waterfall plots were up for auction I'd expect them to get that much. But I think they're guild plots so won't be auctioned until after everything else.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the lairs in the middle of Dralk and Chiconis to get at least tens of gold. Mere mortal dragons will have to live in the 'burbs.

But I also expect many MANY plots to not be bid on at all. If you're not too picky you can probably pick one up for about half a gold.

What about the ones on drakul? I love those giant mountains.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

I'll be bidding in the 10s. Good rule of thumb is choose locations(a few) that you're comfortable with, and dimensions(2 different ones) that make you comfortable. Then bid on every lair within those guidelines. And max it. That's what I'm going to do. Every 120x120x144 and 96x96x120 are getting max bids from me. In Dralk, Drakul, Mahagra, Brandon's Shelf, Rift's Edge...in that order.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    If those waterfall plots were up for auction I'd expect them to get that much. But I think they're guild plots so won't be auctioned until after everything else.
    Just wanted to point out there was a slight miscommunication that has been corrected on the main page. The two new Dragon-only communities (Serenity and Aedan) will have their master plots up for auction (before any individual plots, actually).

New lairs in existing guild communities, priced at 1 silver, will not be available for purchase until after the maintenance (and therefore after the auctions end) on November 29.

The largest lair todate that I have seenis the one on Serenity which is a guild plot, 120x192x192, and its satalite plots are 120x120x144. There is a port pad here as well as on Drakul so building will not be an issue for these two areas. So far the guild plot on Serenity sells for about 4.5 gp and will be an interesting bid on live.

Another interesting item, is that all resources needed to build T5 dragon structures can be found on Drakul island. Many are right in front of lairs! So anyone interested in building T5 chambers should be looking at these spots. And dont forget there is a port pad to the island now that just needs its quest put in place.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Quote Originally Posted by Illi
    Everyone has had the option of copying to Blight to look at lairs.........I don't feel the least bit sorry for anyone who didn't take that opportunity. I'll be bidding on every single lair in my size range, max bid too. 11 days is PLENTY.
    EU players didn't as far as am aware
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

I think closed bid is alright. More than that, I think its a good idea, because it adds a bit of mystery and surprise in the bidding. What else do we dragons have to spend our gold on anyway? :P

Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

I plan to have all my bids in before the end of the weekend. I'll check back occasionally, but unless there's a massive update I doubt I'll need to change much. I've been thinking about this too long.

What's more needed is that Drakul be in a condition where we can honestly evaluate lairs there.

It would also be nice to know when we can realistically expect flying cargo disks. For some lairs that's going to be pretty important. If it's next month it would influence the bidding one way. If it's next year it would influence the bidding in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Illi wrote:Everyone has had the option of copying to Blight to look at lairs.........I don't feel the least bit sorry for anyone who didn't take that opportunity. I'll be bidding on every single lair in my size range, max bid too. 11 days is PLENTY.

EU players didn't as far as am aware
    Well, I was not aware of that. I don't know a while lot about EU servers, and, I'm sorry for them. they seem to have many problems. However, that doesn't excuse Chaos or Order. They just complain constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Illi wrote:Everyone has had the option of copying to Blight to look at lairs.........I don't feel the least bit sorry for anyone who didn't take that opportunity. I'll be bidding on every single lair in my size range, max bid too. 11 days is PLENTY.

Even on blight the lairs were not finished in the slightest.

We shouldn't be forced to log into blight.

11 days would be sufficient.....IF IT DIDN'T HAVE A GIANT FAMILY HOLIDAY IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.

We all have a GIANT FAMILY HOLIDAY IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. We won't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    New lairs in existing guild communities, priced at 1 silver, will not be available for purchase until after the maintenance (and therefore after the auctions end) on November 29.
    I'm afraid I don't understand the reasoning behind this decision. Indeed, I should think you would want guild lairs to be purchased and built upon from day 1 so that any major bugs with lair construction could be caught and corrected immediately. If there is some showstopping bug with lair construction, then I would think it far better to have it caught on Day 1 or 2 of the auction bidding period so you would have the opportunity to fix the problem before auctions end. Otherwise, on Day 12 when the auctions end and eager dragons start building their newly won lairs and they are stopped by such a bug or bugs, you will have a LOT of unhappy dragons, rather than just the few who own guild lairs.

And I can't see much, if any, undue advantage accruing to guild lair owners by giving them a jump on lair construction. Yes, they will begin leveling Lairshaping before other dragon players, but would any but the most egocentric dragon care that some other dragon has a higher Lairshaping ability? And sure, guild lairs would likely be completed first, but I should think that the dragon community would be overjoyed at the possibility of some dragon lair having at least a Beginner crystalshaping machine they could work with from the moment auctions end.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor

OK, but can we at least see the dimensions of the new guild plots? My guild is on saritova and its the only guild island that has no lairs on it yet. I was hoping it would go to blight last night. My guild has more dragons then lairs that are being placed there, so I just want to know what dimensions will be of the 2 lairs to decide if I'm going to bid on a new lair or put myself in the running for a guild lair.

As to the new dragon guild community plots isn't that kind of backwards. Biped auctions didn't the guilds go first then the rest of everyone else? Guild communities should go first so the folks/dragons in said communities can decide if they want a guild plot or a general populace plot.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

It's being rushed out without completion of testing; serious show-stopping bugs are continually being found and addressed even this week.

Blight has only in the last 4-5 days had proper sizes put in for all Lairs, which is an important consideration for many. Additionally, resources have only recently been placed as well. Expecting everyone to "log into Blight" to start shopping is a little myopic, especially given that fact. It is too short a period, the holiday doesn't help, and many people are going to need at least that amount of time to have a good look around.

Biped Guild plots were auctioned FIRST during the merger, under the rationale that they are more limited and desirable, usually having multiple bids from multiple members of a guild. If they didn't win, then they could go for their own individual plots. If it was reversed, then they would be forced to make a choice, guild plot or personal plots, and if they chose guild plot and lost, then they would get NOTHING.

No, it is more sensible and fair to do guild communities first, just like they were done in the merger.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Does anyone else think that the new dragon guild island up by Drakul is named after Firefly? The ship was called Serenity, and Amon has that quote in his sig...
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    Another interesting item, is that all resources needed to build T5 dragon structures can be found on Drakul island. Many are right in front of lairs! So anyone interested in building T5 chambers should be looking at these spots. And dont forget there is a port pad to the island now that just needs its quest put in place.
    Where are these resources? The only thing I've found on Drakul is mithril.

Also. Is there just the one port pad? The one by the waterfall? Has anyone seen any roads which actually give a road bonus?

Because if there is only the one port pad all I have to say is it's a mighty big island and a lot of stuff is a long ways away. If there are no roads it suddenly became a lot bigger for you and your Tarbash.

Yeah, apparently not. Gotta hate those gun-toting forum zealots.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri
    I'll call that and raise you a

LOL [Y]

Thread Information