Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Lair Update: November 14, 2005

Default Re: Dragon Lair Update: November 14, 2005

hm. i'd rather not assume anything since having a lair i'm satisfied with is at stake.

Ignoring issue over the shortness of announcing when lairs will be available to buy etc, my question is how are auctions going to be run on the EU server, there is no way we will get patch this thursday and therefore we will have to wait another week at minimum before they are released. So therefore will we only get 4 days of auctions or will we get 11 days but just delayed by a week?
    Also when it said closed auction above, I presume that means highest bidder wins?
    ie if lair has 1g price tag, if someone bids the price of 1g and then another player 2g for example will the 2g one win assuming no one bid higher?
    Kaze Ancient Lunus Dragon 100/100 ~7 million hoard (Lv75)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    Ignoring issue over the shortness of announcing when lairs will be available to buy etc, my question is how are auctions going to be run on the EU server, there is no way we will get patch this thursday and therefore we will have to wait another week at minimum before they are released. So therefore will we only get 4 days of auctions or will we get 11 days but just delayed by a week?
    My hope is that if your start is delayed a week, your closing would also be delayed a week. It's only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaze
    Also when it said closed auction above, I presume that means highest bidder wins?
    ie if lair has 1g price tag, if someone bids the price of 1g and then another player 2g for example will the 2g one win assuming no one bid higher?
    That's correct, UNLESS that person's bid won a lair before that, in which case all the other bids from that dragon are immediately erased from consideration on all other lairs.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

You would think 11 days is enough time to look them over, and start placing bids.

You can bid your max bid on all the lairs you want, the first bid you wins retracts all the other bids.

I don't really see any issues, how long have they been working on these and now you say its rushed?

Trade your walker for a motorized scooter.

As long as the nicest lairs are closed first, 1 at a time, all should go smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    You would think 11 days is enough time to look them over, and start placing bids.

You can bid your max bid on all the lairs you want, the first bid you wins retracts all the other bids.

I don't really see any issues, how long have they been working on these and now you say its rushed?

Trade your walker for a motorized scooter.

As long as the nicest lairs are closed first, 1 at a time, all should go smoothly.
    But who defines the nicest lairs? Some the nicest lairs are the most remote, others its dimensions and others its all location. How do you bid if the lair you really want is one of the last to be done? I'm half tempted to not even bother to bid and see whats left afterwards, it'll save me lots of gold thats for sure.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    But who defines the nicest lairs? Some the nicest lairs are the most remote, others its dimensions and others its all location. How do you bid if the lair you really want is one of the last to be done? I'm half tempted to not even bother to bid and see whats left afterwards, it'll save me lots of gold thats for sure.
    I am very temped to do the same thing. I may just bid min on any lair I may be interested in as they come up looking at what is next on the block and if something I like more comes up sale what I have get all my coin back and bid on the next one in the hopes the one I left is still for sale if I end not getting the new one.

Everyone has had the option of copying to Blight to look at lairs.........I don't feel the least bit sorry for anyone who didn't take that opportunity. I'll be bidding on every single lair in my size range, max bid too. 11 days is PLENTY.
    "Sarcasm! Just one more of the FREE services I offer."

if it were this upcoming monday i would believe it's too short, but we not only have this weekend but also thanksgiving weeked to figure out what we want.

Lair plots have been live for weeks. They do not vary widely. 11 days is plenty of time. If you don't already have a good idea of what you want to bid on it's your own fault.

This does seem a bit rushed, and it would be nice if they kicked them around some more; but as long as they got the problems with the trainers and forms straightened out lairs look far better then HZ did when it went live back in 2003.

What sizes do lairs range in, I haven't been able to get a good idea.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

they are like 120x120x144, 96x72x216, and others I can't remember. Those are the dims I like.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I'm going from memory here so may miss on some details but most come in one of two sizes. 120x120x144 for a price in the vicinity of 550silver and 96x120x168 for a shade under 500 silver. There's also a few with less horizontal cross section but which are much deeper -- sometimes going all the way down to 240. All the prices for non-guild plots which I saw were in the vicinity of 500 silver. I think the main guild plots have slightly more volume although the secondary guild plots are standard size.

Basically, you want 500 silver or a tad more if you're buying a lair from the empire. You need at least that and more then that won't help unless you're going after a guild plot or are in a bidding war.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitimandiri
    What sizes do lairs range in, I haven't been able to get a good idea.
    It depends on where you go.

Drakul's lairs tend to be either 96x96, or 120x120. Z coords aren't in yet on Chaos, but on Blight it seems they're 96x96x120 (don't quote me on that one), and 120x120x144. I actually bought one just a bit ago on Blight that's 120x120x144, and have spent the past 3 hours playing with the hellish 3D puzzle that is layout: 6 lair levels, and only down to level 3 after three hours! Ayieee! Blight just went down, so I was booted off. ;_;

These things are HUGE.

On the mainland, I've mostly seen other variations of 120x120 and 96x96. The places I've scoped recently are Mahagra, Kirasanct, Last Stand, and Harro.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and 72 as a dimension as the others before me have said. :)

~Mirsathia

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    Lair plots have been live for weeks. They do not vary widely. 11 days is plenty of time. If you don't already have a good idea of what you want to bid on it's your own fault.

This does seem a bit rushed, and it would be nice if they kicked them around some more; but as long as they got the problems with the trainers and forms straightened out lairs look far better then HZ did when it went live back in 2003.
    They have been live for weeks, but dimensions are very important. I mean I worked up enough coin for a 120x120x240. But I haven't seen any of those around. And dimensions do make a difference and while numerically it doesn't make much difference it does when your laying out your lair. Especially since the spirals and slopes are so limited in exit.

But 11 days I think is enough, it only took me a few hours to check out every single lair with the exception of drakul since I seem to hit a red wall on most of the island.

Also, theres suppose to be a quest to bind to drakul, is it live? Will it be live before the 11 day deadline?

Whats the status on the lairshaping quest? The fix is fairly simple since the problem is a form you get on the second part you can't scribe becuase it requires crystalshaping. All the other forms for the quest require current skills that every dragoncrafter has, why not make the focused crystal form require gemworking becuase all it is is turning a bunch of unfocused crystals into focused ones and there is no other component.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Because crystals aren't gems. But you are right, the fix was easy. (though different from what you stated) It just needs a patch to go to blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    But 11 days I think is enough, it only took me a few hours to check out every single lair with the exception of drakul since I seem to hit a red wall on most of the island.
    That's my point. You don't need 11 days for what you need to do for the auction. You only need a few hours. Especially if you've been scouting the various places you might be interested in ahead of time.

As to Drakul, it IS possible to get past the red walls but you have to be persistent.

I do wish they'd get Drakul up and running before the auction though. I doubt that'll happen.

Yes, 11 days is plenty. Thats more days then plot reclamations. Look at the ones you really want and go bid. You can't see the other bids, just how many bids are in. There a dragons that are bidding 250G+. The only realy thing I would concider doing is look near the end of auctions and see what is available that has no bids. You may get that lair for 500s instead of 500G.

Jayne

Yike! Are people really bidding that much gold? :'(
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth

Because crystals aren't gems. But you are right, the fix was easy. (though different from what you stated) It just needs a patch to go to blight.
    and there was great rejoicing!!!

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Death-Knell wrote: But 11 days I think is enough, it only took me a few hours to check out every single lair with the exception of drakul since I seem to hit a red wall on most of the island.

That's my point. You don't need 11 days for what you need to do for the auction. You only need a few hours. Especially if you've been scouting the various places you might be interested in ahead of time.

As to Drakul, it IS possible to get past the red walls but you have to be persistent.

I do wish they'd get Drakul up and running before the auction though. I doubt that'll happen.
    I don't see how they could have the auction without drakul

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Thread Information