Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help us

Default Re: Please help us

If there was something to be done, I'm sure it would have been done already. It's not a matter of TG just 'deciding' to do something. At least if you move to the NA servers, you'll get proper support and, assuming this gets resolved someday, you can go back to Unity.

Some people have expressed a fear that GN might keep the game DB, meaning they'll lose their characters. If that doesn't happen, fine, you can go back to your old characters. If GN does keep or scrap the game DB, then you'd have to start over anyway.

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

It seems we're really in dire need of help, since more and more people are leaving Unity and I honestly can no longer hold against their decision. The reason definitely being GN and not the game itself.GN's attitude towards customer and game supportcosts us dearly and supportcan again simply be described as non-existent.

Can only repeat myself here again:

I recently closed two support cases older than 6 months myself. Don't know if they were ever read. But I know that I never got an answer to any of them. I am just glad that the cases had not been too important.

But GN clearly does not care about importance since two friends of mine gave up on the matter of a login problem and a payment issue after3 months of waiting. Of course they left the game and spent their money somewhere else where people are doing what they're getting paid for. I could hardly convince them otherwise although they really liked Horizons. [:^)]

Since Unity already has quite a scarce populationeachplayer leaving the shardmakes things even worse for us and causes more players to leave due to their friends giving up. I suppose very few players being with Horizons for two years now are prepared tosimply start over on an NA shard and leave their beloved characters behind. [:(]

If nothing be done about that situation quickly I am afraid it'll be the end of Unity.

- Narkano

Many folks have posted on this subject, to no avail. I am truly sorry that your having this issue, but since it is related more to Unity, then the thread needs to be moved there. Tulga does read there as well. And as been noted by others, if Tulga can do something, they will or would. If not, its all up to GN.

I am moving the thread over to Unity boards. I wish you the best of luck with this issue. Please do not repost this in general.

Thank you

I back those who might go to Chaos. If anybody does, send a tell to Vizharan or Viznarah(my alt). I'll do all I can to help get you started(can do mostly Dragon stuff).
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

If any do come over drop me a PM you can be assured ill be happy to help and welcome you. really sad and in a way disgraceful how those on unity are treated. a real shame and you have my backing in this for sure.

I hope things change and will make my voice known.

About 2 months ago, when nobody could log in for a whole weekend and GN simply did not seem to notice anything amiss, I asked for some assurances about the future of Unity on the GN forum. There was an answer by Luca (he seemed to run the whole show for GN single-handedly) indicating that there were upcoming talks with David Bowman himself about the future of Unity.

That was to be taken as assurance. Well -- 2 months later, still nothing. No info about that talk, no info about developments, Luca is lying low, people wonder if he is still employed at GN, players who play other GN games also complain about lack of support ... this is a mess.

But the simple fact that Bowman had taken an interest in our plight seems to indicate that there was something the Tulga people thought they could do to help us -- if such is the case, please do not stop in your efforts to save the European branch of this game.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thanks for the vote of support guys.

Unfortunatly peaches and her desire to over moderatemoved this to our little server ghetto.

Peaches, I do not believe tulga reads this servers forums.
    Please place it back in general, we want an answer from tulga.
    Heck, I dont even believe you yourself will ever read this, you dumped it here, it will be forgotten.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

It seems another onme of my m8s has the 'doest know username and password' problem..this is highly unacceptable they pay thier 9 quid a month to play the game and expect to PLAY the game not just throw money away. I myself think this ia a major issue that needs resolving NOW

Umm, I am here, and I am still reading this thread. I left it for a few days as you requested, then moved it to here as it is a unity issue.

I stand corrected onyou not reading around here.

I still don't believe Tulga employees pay this section of their boards any attention though.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches

Umm, I am here, and I am still reading this thread. I left it for a few days as you requested, then moved it to here as it is a unity issue.
    a few as in almost two? how generous [:^)]
    She heard Nanny say: 'Beats me why they're always putting invisible runes on their doors. I mean, you pays some wizard to put invisible runes on your door, and how do you know you've got value for money?'
    She heard Granny say: 'No problem there. If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi1985
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Peaches wrote:

a few as in almost two? how generous [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-18.gif[/img]
    About 24h from my view.
    And it is not a unity problem. It is EU problem. Only becasue we are reduced to one server all our EU palyer problems are moved to server forum and forgoten?
    We pay same money and only get parts of service? No blight access. No consignement list. ...
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Matecuss

Its very appreciated but I think for all but the most recent players, this isn't a viable option. To move to a different shard, think of all that will be lost:

- Adventure levels
    - Craft levels
    - Cash
    - Inventory (Most can be replaced, but some things just can't be got anymore. Event items/stones/jewelry, unique player crafted items that can't be done anymore).
    - Plot (Most likely we'll have to take a much smaller plot, so your plotsize could never be replaced)
    - Plot buildings (These take an absolute age to build, you can't powerlevel these back)

As I said earlier, a newer player who hasn't built up as much baggage might be tempted to change shard, but for the rest of us the current choices are to stick with it or quit.

P.S. Its a shame that this thread was moved to a sub-forum that nobody uses anymore, not even the ones that it was originally intended for. Anyone got a broom?

I'm not alone in being grateful for the offers of assistance that folks from Tulga's shards have extended to us. It's the Horizons spirit, and it persists regardless of shard.

Please don't take offence when we say that we would rather not give up what we already have. If the tables were turned, and it was yourselves who were being asked to sacrifice characters that are almost two years old, I daresay you'd have the same reservations about throwing it all away that those of us on Unity must contemplate. It's only a character, it's only pixels, it's only a game. A game that many of us spent up to two years enjoying as best we could, two years of memories that we're not willing to throw away.

Thankyou again for your kind and generous offers, and thankyou for appreciating why many of us cannot take you up on these offers of assistance.

It is generous how eva..people of unity have put so much work into thier chars only to have them wiped and start off new...i think a lareg % of ppl would quit rather than start off new i would for 1 anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    Thanks for the vote of support guys.

Peaches, I do not believe tulga reads this servers forums.
    Please place it back in general, we want an answer from tulga.
    Heck, I dont even believe you yourself will ever read this, you dumped it here, it will be forgotten.
    I also believe that this is a general issue. It pertains to the reputation of Horizons as a whole, and if Tulga are willing to brush this problem under the carpet out of the way, then they're the ones who end up with a product with a highly tarnished reputation. This matter affects every Horizons player, because ultimately the bad reputation for support is getting around now, and potential new players won't care who's hosting the game, they'll only care about the name : Horizons.

Zaradoom_Unity

It is great to see such a support from our Order and Chaos friends,... thats the spirit i love about Horizon and the reason i, as a Unity player, am still here.

But as others said... some things can never be replaced,... 4 crafts closing 100, 3 adv at 100, a dragon close to ancient,... items that no longer drop, queststuff to remember the Old times (cure Zymosis spell anyone?). And there are for SURE others that even have alot more work put into their char.

The offer rocks... but i for one... wont be able to take it i guess,... if i need to start over, it will be in a differend game. Trying to forget how i was treated by the GN support...and trying to stay away from Atari / Gamenetwork in the future...

Just wanted to note that I, too, am greatly saddened by the lack of support our friends on Unity are receiving. Wish there was something we could do. I know my guild and friends on Order would do anything we could for players coming from Unity, if they made the difficult choice to switch shards. After almost 2 years, I'm not sure that's a choice I could make. How very sad to be forced out.

[:(]
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

thanks peaches; andcompletely unnecessary by the way...

What would be nice is an offical statement from some1 in charge at TG or GN its ok saying wot could be done if certain things happen but really we're sill in the dark to whats really happening apart form the lack of support and bugs and communication etc etc

Thread Information