Thread: Flower Bushes

Default Flower Bushes

Somewhere on the back burner, they are working on flower bushes (yea verily, for it has been Announced). So I thought I would suggest a few plants that might really pep up some lots.

Butterfly Bush/Summer Lilac (big richly green bush with purple spiked flowers)
    Longwood Blue (smaller bush with blue/purple flowers all over, see also here)
    Rhododendron (or azalea) (gets absolutely covered in blossoms, can look like a snowbank)
    Cinquefoil or Japanese Rose (lots of large-petaled brightly colored starburst blooms)

Crepe Myrtles (petite ones), rose bushes, hydrangea, periwinkle ground cover, decorative grasses (I have one at my house that is an about one foot high fountain of grass with purple ferny flowers sticking up in the center, but hanged if I remember what it's called) ... so many possibilities out there. To look good in Istaria, I imagine we'd want richly colored blooms, perhaps contrasting with dark green foliage, with visual footprints equal to or less than a tree planter, and planning footprints very small to let the plants snug up against buildings and each other. Maybe they could be carefully shaped, or maybe have sprawly shoots all over.

It would be nice if each bush came in a variety of color choices, too. Including black roses for certain morbid fiends .... [:D]

-Levity Merrel

PS This is not a Now Now Now suggestion, so please don't yell about all the more important things the devs can work on. This is only my input for when they eventually /do/ work on flowers for lots, if they ever do.

Default Re: Flower Bushes

hehe good idea :)

To the thing of lower priority for this:

Devs, plz keep in mind:
    A lot of people and also most gamecritics say that the world of Istaria is DEAD!
    And they are right, there are large areas with nothing....no trees no bushes..nothing..maybe some ressource spawn.

To get this critics away the landscape of Istaria needs:
    - more trees in different types (also different scales)
    - bushes and flowers
    - also to representate a living world: farms, windmills, bakery... (these dont need to do anything .. only to be there)
    - non selectable animals (some for farms): pigs, cow, chicken, deer, wolf, fox...
    - non selectable plants at farms....

----
    these farms can also be a place for new crafter quests....
    - to grant access to fields
    or for lower levels: the farmer needs some1 to cary his corn to mill and so on

EmilyDawn

oh yay i would love this! [:D] also if i could put that stuff on my plot, that would be wonderful! *bats her eyes* pretty pretty please...[:)]

How about a tree withsome nooses and cages hanging from it.

I think they did a really good job on the remake of lesser aradoth. Another area I really like is the swamp south of harro. More good details like that would really make Istaria vibrant.
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Thread Information